**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would you do it? 

Screenshot_20221206-203302.png

Problem is...Pat Riley isn't an idiot.......

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would you do it? 

Screenshot_20221206-203302.png

Absolutely not. 76ers need salary relief, lottery picks and young talent for Embiid to rebuild. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Harden is the hard part but that is a good as value you will get for Embiid. An All Defensive  20 point scorer. Herro who can start or play 6th man and get you 20 a night  isn't a bad deal 

Its a horrible deal

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its a horrible deal

Really isn't but okay. You won't get good young talent and a ton of picks. You want people off the Knicks roster because they have none but plenty of picks. Pelicans have no need for him, he won't go to Utah or Oklahoma, those are the teams with picks 

https://www.libertyballers.com/2022/12/7/23497792/sixers-james-harden-free-agency-joel-embiid-tyrese-maxey-daryl-morey

The take aways.  7 teams may have cap space to trade for harden but all are rebuilding and won't be attractive to him. 

Wild card is sign and trade to Lakers to play with LeBron and AD.

6ers can get rid of him,  let Niang ND Shake and 1 or 2 fairly insignificant players walk and actuator have over 11 million in cap space. (Albeit with a bunch of roster spots to fill). 

My thoughts- Fairly quick off ramp to cap space, and replenishing draft picks exists.  I'm all for that. I expect in that scenario embiid requests trade.  I do not care.  

32 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I am actually not opposed to letting harden walk in fa after this season

Its heading for a full reset. And many people will say theyre not ready to process again.

I say, better to begin now than suffer through this team for another 2-3 years. Just look at the slowing of activity in this thread. We are already done with them. Why sign up to watch them for years longer?

Let Harden go to LA for cap space. Trade Tobias' expiring contract, and let embiid request a trade to stock up on unprotected picks.

Maxey and youth/athleticism will keep the team fun while they rebuild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its heading for a full reset. And many people will say theyre not ready to process again.

I say, better to begin now than suffer through this team for another 2-3 years. Just look at the slowing of activity in this thread. We are already done with them. Why sign up to watch them for years longer?

Let Harden go to LA for cap space. Trade Tobias' expiring contract, and let embiid request a trade to stock up on unprotected picks.

Maxey and youth/athleticism will keep the team fun while they rebuild.

Unfortunately, It's difficult to see much chance for any other outcome at this point.  People should be glad that we have some players of value to start what could be an expedited rebuild if handled well and with some luck.  

Watching the Celtics game last night was depressing.  They are playing so well and I hate it.  Being a Sixers/NBA fan feels like a **** chore this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Unfortunately, It's difficult to see much chance for any other outcome at this point.  People should be glad that we have some players of value to start what could be an expedited rebuild if handled well and with some luck.  

Watching the Celtics game last night was depressing.  They are playing so well and I hate it.  Being a Sixers/NBA fan feels like a **** chore this year.

TBH, It did last year too until they got Harden. That wore off quick after another second round bounce. 

Ben Simmons coming home from the Russian penal colony. Little did anyone know the US pulled the switcheroo on Russia and sent Ben over in Griners place.

Brittney Griner cracks a smile on the plane that would take her back to the United States. (BNN Screenshot)

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, HazletonEagle said:

And many people will say theyre not ready to process again.

I didn't think I would be, but this team is so brutal to watch that I'm getting there. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

anybody have youtube tv & not able to watch the game? <_<

I have it but I'm not home to check on that.  What's the issue?

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Actually just pulled it up on the app on my phone.  It worked.  

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I'm using my sign in on the ESPN app to watch

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

some playback error having to do with my location.  saw on reddit that others are having the same issue with nba & NHL tonight.

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

some playback error having to do with my location.  saw on reddit that others are having the same issue with nba & NHL tonight.

I had that once months ago trying to put on a Phillies game. Said you have to update/ confirm location every so often but it only ever happened once. 

I updated it and was able to watch then. 

Doc is an awful coach. I have no idea why the F he called the TO to advance the ball in that situation, then it left them without the TO when they actually needed to advance the ball.