**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I will bet he will command a 1st and a player 

Grizzlies could offer DG, 1st and Roddy. 

But really Shake isn't a young asset anymore, he is 26, and are Shake's on every roster. 

meh.... Shake gets a bad wrap because doc doesnt use his players well. Everyone thinks our bench sucks year after year. But any time any of those guys gets an opportunity at extended playing time (except maybe Kork) they play well.

Shake had a hell of a stretch this season very recently. He may have boosted his value. He and Harrell can really boost depth on a team.

Or, if God has mercy,  theyll like PJ Tucker with Shake and save us from that contract. The league loves Tucker.

If you dont think that can work, even though Kuzma is said to be a rental, you can work something around Harris.

Harris and Shake for Kuzma, Barton and some Johnny Davis guy works too. Something like that may be close.

well, theres the letdown game. Guess they got tired of winning. Didnt even make a good team end the streak. Just lay a stinker against the freakin wizards.

Hey at least Embiid scored 48. Wow that was fun!

Luka Doncic is ridiculous. 

Knicks were up 9 with less than a minute left and lost 🤣

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

If you dont think that can work, even though Kuzma is said to be a rental, you can work something around Harris.

Harris and Shake for Kuzma, Barton and some Johnny Davis guy works too. Something like that may be close.

Johnny Davis is the worst pick in the draft since Anthony Bennett. 

But if I was the Sixers, I would target a guy like John Collins. His 3p number is down but he is a career 36% 3p shooter, doesn't need the ball to be successful, can rim run for Harden, stand in the corner and shoot 3, and play good D. 

Probably would have to find a 3rd team that wants Harris. 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Johnny Davis is the worst pick in the draft since Anthony Bennett. 

But if I was the Sixers, I would target a guy like John Collins. His 3p number is down but he is a career 36% 3p shooter, doesn't need the ball to be successful, can rim run for Harden, stand in the corner and shoot 3, and play good D. 

Probably would have to find a 3rd team that wants Harris. 

Collins doesn't need the ball,  but I think he wants the ball more.  I don't think he'd be happy here at all. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Collins doesn't need the ball,  but I think he wants the ball more.  I don't think he'd be happy here at all. 

He can take the 4 extra shots Tobias takes a game. I think Embiid would like to play next to Collins. 

If had to bet he is tired of playing next to Trae. He has complained about not playing as a team, instead of individuals 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He can take the 4 extra shots Tobias takes a game. I think Embiid would like to play next to Collins. 

If had to bet he is tired of playing next to Trae. He has complained about not playing as a team, instead of individuals 

I kinda like the idea of letting Kuzma go better than getting a guy like Collins who you end up committing to long term. Collins has 2 years remaining and a 3rd year player option for about 27M.

This team needs to go for a re-set sooner than later. Collins is a guy who will hamstring that effort with a large contract and isnt really good enough to build around. I dont think you want his 27 million dollar contract 3 years from now with a rebuilding team.

Kuzma strengthens the team for the 2nd half playoff run, and then clears salary off the books when he leaves as a free agent.

20 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I kinda like the idea of letting Kuzma go better than getting a guy like Collins who you end up committing to long term. Collins has 2 years remaining and a 3rd year player option for about 27M.

This team needs to go for a re-set sooner than later. Collins is a guy who will hamstring that effort with a large contract and isnt really good enough to build around. I dont think you want his 27 million dollar contract 3 years from now with a rebuilding team.

Kuzma strengthens the team for the 2nd half playoff run, and then clears salary off the books when he leaves as a free agent.

But they won't reset as long as they have Embiid, just won't happen. 

So, you want to trade Harris in a 3 team for Kuzma? I tried to get Crowder to Wiz and Harris to the Suns but money doesn't match. 

I could see them getting a PJ Washington type guy for Shake and a 1st but unless some dumb team loves Harris then nothing major happens 

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

But they won't reset as long as they have Embiid, just won't happen. 

So, you want to trade Harris in a 3 team for Kuzma? I tried to get Crowder to Wiz and Harris to the Suns but money doesn't match. 

I could see them getting a PJ Washington type guy for Shake and a 1st but unless some dumb team loves Harris then nothing major happens 

Harris is almost an expiring contact.  So they won't need to be dumb to like him.  He's a solid player,  great team guy and can help some team clear a ton of cap,  or re-sign at a more reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Harris is almost an expiring contact.  So they won't need to be dumb to like him.  He's a solid player,  great team guy and can help some team clear a ton of cap,  or re-sign at a more reasonable price. 

Teams still have to match the 37 million this year, that isn't exactly easy for a player of his caliber. 

Have to figure Harris gets dealt next yr. If harden walks i dont think Morey will hesitate to rebuild around embiid and maxey

Isaiah Joe is shooting 44.6% from 3 or 6th best in the league and he had 21 vs the Celtics last night. 

Way to play the young guys Doc

• Like 3

I kind of like the 3 guard lineup with Harden, Maxey, Melton. Add Embiid to that instead of Tucker, could be cooking with that one.  I know they could struggle on D a bit. I dont care too much. Id like to see it for an extended period to evaluate its effectiveness.

Great game from the bench tonight. 3 out of 4 of them in double figures. 19 from Harrell.

• Like 3

Tuck is hard to watch.  Many people in my section were giving him the business tonight.  This current version of Tuck doesn't do anything that Paul Reed can't do, imo. 

8 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Tuck is hard to watch.  Many people in my section were giving him the business tonight.  This current version of Tuck doesn't do anything that Paul Reed can't do, imo. 

While Reed can’t defend like Tucker, he is a pretty big waste of money IMO. Poorly allocated dollars. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blazehound said:

While Reed can’t defend like Tucker, he is a pretty big waste of money IMO. Poorly allocated dollars. 

Neither Reed nor Tucker should be in consideration for starters minutes on any team with championship aspirations.

If they can work any trade at the deadline, I might like to see someone like Naz Reid who is buried on the bench and plays great whenever he has an opportunity.

Id be curious to see this 3 guard lineup with him and Embiid in the front court. Tucker can come off the bench.

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I kind of like the 3 guard lineup with Harden, Maxey, Melton. Add Embiid to that instead of Tucker, could be cooking with that one.  I know they could struggle on D a bit. I dont care too much. Id like to see it for an extended period to evaluate its effectiveness.

Great game from the bench tonight. 3 out of 4 of them in double figures. 19 from Harrell.

Tucker seems like a "break glass in case of playoffs" role player to me. I agree. Go smaller and faster. Melton is what I was hoped Thybull would turn into.