**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have a couple 3 and D players and should definitely be looking to pile up more future 1sts

Sixers do? The 3 part is important 

22 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Phillies having a deep run and then the Eagles being great made the Sixers fall to the back burner for now.  Me personally, I get joy in watching Maxey play and not much joy in watching Harden and Tucker play.  So since Maxey is out, I haven’t been watching much.  Also, I need to pick my spots with all the football recently there is only so much sports I can hog the big screen for.  But once the Eagles season concludes, it’ll pick up.  

It's not even that. 

Honestly?  The announcers have a lot to do with it....  I could barely tolerate Abdelnaby with Zoo.   Him and Scott are painful to listen to. 

Combine that with my Doc hatred and the overall lack of likable players outside of Embiid, and that's why I'm disinterested. 

• Like 1

I don't know....I had so much excitement for this team.  The young players, all the draft capital, the future and in a couple of years they went from that to just old and stale.  Maybe when the Eagles get done I'll check in, try and get excited and try to believe that they have a shot.....but for now, go birds!   And yes, I think the Phillies doing what they did absolutely helped in lessening my need to be so invested in the Sixers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Would it be that bad if he left? Would open a max contract spot wouldnt it?

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

47 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

Thats what i need to understand. Who would be available?

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Interesting. I saw someone speculating on this the other day. But now this seems like a more substantial rumor. 

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Would it be that bad if he left? Would open a max contract spot wouldnt it?

2 hours ago, Lloyd said:

We wont have max space from just Harden leaving. But, it gets us closer sooner.

Youd also need to shed the Tobi contract, or wait for him to leave after next season.

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Please go, bye.  

Don't look now,  but suddenly after a horrific start,  20-12 isn't looking so bad. 

Long win streak.

Defense is coming around.  

Embiid and Harden are learning to coexist well. 

Streak hasn't included any really signature wins.  Clippers was a solid win.  Knicks were really hot as well and just took them down. Mostly it's been a really easy stretch.  But no let down games we've become accustomed to. So I see that as a plus. 

Now we need to see if they can actually compete with teams like Boston, Miami, Milwaukee.

I'm thinking still,  probably not. 

But they at least seem headed in the right direction. 

Starting to get interested to see what this team looks like late in the season. A tiny bit of hope creeping in. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Al Horford

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Knowing Doc he will play 36 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, HazletonEagle said:

We wont have max space from just Harden leaving. But, it gets us closer sooner.

Youd also need to shed the Tobi contract, or wait for him to leave after next season.

It always looks like the bigger challenge is getting someone to come to Philly for a max contract. We have had max contracts in the past and have not been able to attract anyone.  We can barely get vets chasing rings to come here

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, HazletonEagle said:

It's not just us.  I noticed a thread on realgm about being bored with the team this year. 

Hopefully ownership is aware,  or catches on soon. This is a sign big changes are needed.  Like firing coach and GM.

GM can stay

Supposedly its likely that the Wizards trade Kuzma.

Supposedly he is a lock to become a free agent.

I wonder if Shake is enticing enough of a somewhat young player to send Washington.

Making salary work, you can add Harrell, Kork, and Springer to the deal.

To make it a home run, you just do Shake and Tucker. Then it becomes a nice salary dump for us considering Kuzma is going to be a free agent and you got rid of Tucker's contract.

I think Kuzma is a great fit on this team. Would love to find a way to get him even as a half season rental.

46 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Supposedly its likely that the Wizards trade Kuzma.

Supposedly he is a lock to become a free agent.

I wonder if Shake is enticing enough of a somewhat young player to send Washington.

Making salary work, you can add Harrell, Kork, and Springer to the deal.

To make it a home run, you just do Shake and Tucker. Then it becomes a nice salary dump for us considering Kuzma is going to be a free agent and you got rid of Tucker's contract.

I think Kuzma is a great fit on this team. Would love to find a way to get him even as a half season rental.

You think Shake and Tucker will get you Kuzma? His trade value will be a 1st and a young guy, if not more. Probably the best rental in the league right now. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You think Shake and Tucker will get you Kuzma? His trade value will be a 1st and a young guy, if not more. Probably the best rental in the league right now. 

If Kuzma is a half season rental, as stated, then his trade value shouldnt be all that high. Its not like you are trading for a young piece who will be there long term. Rental drops the price.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If Kuzma is a half season rental, as stated, then his trade value shouldnt be all that high. Its not like you are trading for a young piece who will be there long term. Rental drops the price.

I will bet he will command a 1st and a player 

Grizzlies could offer DG, 1st and Roddy. 

But really Shake isn't a young asset anymore, he is 26, and are Shake's on every roster.