**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

22 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Tucker seems like a "break glass in case of playoffs" role player to me. I agree. Go smaller and faster. Melton is what I was hoped Thybull would turn into. 

yeah. Melton is a pleasant surprise. I thought he as a marginally better Josh Richardson in the beginning of this season. But thats because all of our bench players are better as starters.

Melton looks great as a started. As did Milton this year. 

These guys arent microwave scorers. They let the game come to them and as such they need big minutes to be effective.

Look at Harrell last night with 28 minutes. Scored 19.

On the flipside, Tucker can come off the bench and play his brand of defense with any allotment of minutes. He doesnt need time to affect the game in the marginal way that he does. He should be a bench player.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Tucker seems like a "break glass in case of playoffs" role player to me. I agree. Go smaller and faster. Melton is what I was hoped Thybull would turn into. 

2 6'2 guards with both of them poor defenders  during the regular season works but the playoffs that will get worked on the defensive end and an issue on the boards. 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

2 6'2 guards with both of them poor defenders  during the regular season works but the playoffs that will get worked on the defensive end and an issue on the boards. 

I'd put Tucker back in the starting lineup for the playoffs. He's better suited for that kind of game. Running and gunning is not his thing though. I will say though even with him in the starting lineup, they're still a poor rebounding team. Honestly I can't remember this team fighting for rebounds since Larry Brown was the coach. 

24 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I'd put Tucker back in the starting lineup for the playoffs. He's better suited for that kind of game. Running and gunning is not his thing though. I will say though even with him in the starting lineup, they're still a poor rebounding team. Honestly I can't remember this team fighting for rebounds since Larry Brown was the coach. 

There was a stretch where they were a top five rebounding team and at least one season where they were the top rebounding team in the league, maybe 6 or 7 years back I think.  But I agree, their inability to rebound the last few years is frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

There was a stretch where they were a top five rebounding team and at least one season where they were the top rebounding team in the league, maybe 6 or 7 years back I think.  But I agree, their inability to rebound the last few years is frustrating.

I don't doubt it, but it was a major issue I had with the Brett Brown era. They always seemed to just stand around while other teams fought for rebounds. 

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I don't doubt it, but it was a major issue I had with the Brett Brown era. They always seemed to just stand around while other teams fought for rebounds. 

The reality is Simmons was such an elite rebounder at the PG position, that he kind of hid this problem.  One of the reasons they could get away with an undersized 4 in Harris was because Simmons made up for that rebounding loss at another position.  We still have the rebounding liability in the front line but no longer have Simmons to offset it.

Edit: I should also add that as the roster has continued to get older and less athletic, their rebounding has suffered.

I like this P.J. guy.  Sure does fill up the stat sheet.  

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

The reality is Simmons was such an elite rebounder at the PG position, that he kind of hid this problem.  One of the reasons they could get away with an undersized 4 in Harris was because Simmons made up for that rebounding loss at another position.  We still have the rebounding liability in the front line but no longer have Simmons to offset it.

What's weird is that Hardens rebound numbers are pretty much the same as Simmons. Simmons averaged 7.2 his last season here, Harden was 7.1 last year. He's down this year but it was a problem last year too. 

I would call the bulls and inquire about Drummond. We are getting killed on the boards and he is a lob guy that can hold the floor down while Embiid is out. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This dude is a one man wrecking crew and every contender should want him. 

yeah. I dont think we have assets to get him. Shoulda tried like 2 years ago. But we prefer washed up players

22 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I would call the bulls and inquire about Drummond. We are getting killed on the boards and he is a lob guy that can hold the floor down while Embiid is out. 

Plumlee? Just looked and looks like Hornets are drafting a C every single year 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

What's weird is that Hardens rebound numbers are pretty much the same as Simmons. Simmons averaged 7.2 his last season here, Harden was 7.1 last year. He's down this year but it was a problem last year too. 

Embiid is having to rotate to contest the driver a lot and then no one boxes out or covers his man. They rotate poorly defensively and it is hurting them on the boards

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mat said:

Embiid is having to rotate to contest the driver a lot and then no one boxes out or covers his man. They rotate poorly defensively and it is hurting them on the boards

Naz Reid has the athleticism to do that. 

I really am of the belief that you can't win in the playoffs without a good wing on your team. It is such a major weakness for the Sixers and have to hope a team wants a test run with Thybulle 

This was the best half of offense if I have seen from them this year. The motion, screens, ball movement, flow was really nice. I know it’s the Pistons but it was nice to watch. 

On 1/5/2023 at 12:48 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

How does he still have a job

Because back when Bush was still in office he won with a loaded team of veteran all-stars. How did he get a job after LA? Our owner is an idiot. Why didn't he get fired last year? He's an idiot. Same answer for why he let the league take over his team, force his GM out, and give them a puppet who only had a job because of his daddy.  The owner is and forever will be the problem as long as he is here. 

• Like 1

The loathsome Cs are only 2.5 favs at the Nets tonight.  This seems like easy money with no KD.  Am I missing something?