Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

21 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I went from watching every game during The Process Era to barely watching this season. 

I'll check the score, but I've pretty much lost interest 

I haven’t been paying much attention either, but that has more to do with being in baseball/football mode the last couple months. I’m sure once the Eagles season is over I’ll be paying more attention to the Sixers. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

On 12/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Minutes Harden as played since his return:  38, 47, 38, 36, and 36. Averaging 37.7 for the season and leads the league in this. 

Embiid, Maxey, and Harris are all in the Top 40 in the league of minutes played per game. 

This at all, won't come back to bite them. 

 

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

 

glenn doing glenn things :nonono:   

Sean reads the thread

It's not just us.  I noticed a thread on realgm about being bored with the team this year. 

 

Hopefully ownership is aware,  or catches on soon. This is a sign big changes are needed.  Like firing coach and GM.

  • Author
On 12/20/2022 at 12:01 PM, iladelphxx said:

I went from watching every game during The Process Era to barely watching this season. 

I'll check the score, but I've pretty much lost interest 

Phillies having a deep run and then the Eagles being great made the Sixers fall to the back burner for now.  Me personally, I get joy in watching Maxey play and not much joy in watching Harden and Tucker play.  So since Maxey is out, I haven’t been watching much.  Also, I need to pick my spots with all the football recently there is only so much sports I can hog the big screen for.  But once the Eagles season concludes, it’ll pick up.  

We have a couple 3 and D players and should definitely be looking to pile up more future 1sts

Quote

 

The Los Angeles Lakers are likely to make a smaller deal that would involve at most one of their first-round picks following Anthony Davis' injury, sources told Jovan Buha of The Athletic.

Davis will miss at least one month due to a right foot injury. 

The likeliest trade package would involve some combination of Patrick Beverley, Kendrick Nunn, and one of their first-round picks in 2027 or 2029, likely with a protection.

The Lakers are looking for a 3-and-D wing or a combo forward to play next to LeBron James and Davis, though they do not believe there is a player out there that would put the team in immediate contention. 

Some names to watch include Jae Crowder, Eric Gordon, Alec Burks, P.J. Washington, and Kelly Oubre Jr., according to sources. 

 

 

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have a couple 3 and D players and should definitely be looking to pile up more future 1sts

 

Sixers do? The 3 part is important 

22 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Phillies having a deep run and then the Eagles being great made the Sixers fall to the back burner for now.  Me personally, I get joy in watching Maxey play and not much joy in watching Harden and Tucker play.  So since Maxey is out, I haven’t been watching much.  Also, I need to pick my spots with all the football recently there is only so much sports I can hog the big screen for.  But once the Eagles season concludes, it’ll pick up.  

It's not even that. 

Honestly?  The announcers have a lot to do with it....  I could barely tolerate Abdelnaby with Zoo.   Him and Scott are painful to listen to. 

Combine that with my Doc hatred and the overall lack of likable players outside of Embiid, and that's why I'm disinterested. 

I don't know....I had so much excitement for this team.  The young players, all the draft capital, the future and in a couple of years they went from that to just old and stale.  Maybe when the Eagles get done I'll check in, try and get excited and try to believe that they have a shot.....but for now, go birds!   And yes, I think the Phillies doing what they did absolutely helped in lessening my need to be so invested in the Sixers.

 

 

 

 

Would it be that bad if he left? Would open a max contract spot wouldnt it?

Tobias killed a parley that hit otherwise

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Would it be that bad if he left? Would open a max contract spot wouldnt it?

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

47 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

Thats what i need to understand. Who would be available?

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

 

 

Interesting. I saw someone speculating on this the other day. But now this seems like a more substantial rumor. 

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Would it be that bad if he left? Would open a max contract spot wouldnt it?

 

2 hours ago, Lloyd said:

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

We wont have max space from just Harden leaving. But, it gets us closer sooner.

Youd also need to shed the Tobi contract, or wait for him to leave after next season.

  • Author
6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

 

 

Please go, bye.  

Don't look now,  but suddenly after a horrific start,  20-12 isn't looking so bad. 

Long win streak.

Defense is coming around.  

Embiid and Harden are learning to coexist well. 

Streak hasn't included any really signature wins.  Clippers was a solid win.  Knicks were really hot as well and just took them down. Mostly it's been a really easy stretch.  But no let down games we've become accustomed to. So I see that as a plus. 

Now we need to see if they can actually compete with teams like Boston, Miami, Milwaukee.

I'm thinking still,  probably not. 

But they at least seem headed in the right direction. 

Starting to get interested to see what this team looks like late in the season. A tiny bit of hope creeping in. 

11 hours ago, Lloyd said:

That's my take. I was worried about getting locked into some kind of pseudo-max deal with an aging Harden. I won't be mad if this happens...assuming we do something with the space. 

Al Horford

 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

Knowing Doc he will play 36 minutes

On 12/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, HazletonEagle said:

 

We wont have max space from just Harden leaving. But, it gets us closer sooner.

Youd also need to shed the Tobi contract, or wait for him to leave after next season.

It always looks like the bigger challenge is getting someone to come to Philly for a max contract. We have had max contracts in the past and have not been able to attract anyone.  We can barely get vets chasing rings to come here

8 game win streak and jojo leading the nba in scoring...and everybody's bored. :lol:  

Pretty interesting way to attack 3 point shooters.

 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, HazletonEagle said:

It's not just us.  I noticed a thread on realgm about being bored with the team this year. 

 

Hopefully ownership is aware,  or catches on soon. This is a sign big changes are needed.  Like firing coach and GM.

GM can stay

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.