**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

image.gif.16ba2a9e1d3c5accf85bba2dd4ac150f.gif

Shaq is a bum. He openly admits he doesn't watch games and only knows 15 players in the league. Shaq was never the sole bus driver either, he had Kobe and Wade.

Toughest schedule in the league for the remainder of the season. So you drop one against the Magic?

If you care about seeding, any of these games against "easy" opponents are must win. When everything else is going to be tough, you have to take the easy ones that are in front of you.

Sure, maybe theyre due for a loss. Been hot. But you should expect the loss to come against a good team. Not a let down against Orlando.

Games like that remind you of the days of Embiid and Ben acting as if theyd arrived and were too good to try, and worry about bad teams. Theyd be lackadaisical and lose easy games in ugly fashion. Does this veteran team still not have that killer instinct? Are we still lazy?

One game. I know. But that is a frustrating loss. Any more like that will make me question this team's pride, and heart. 

Although we started off well last night, Joel was not interested from the get go.  During introductions he barely wanted to stand up from the bench.  Then right before the opening tip he was doing the thing where he's bending over, hands on knees.  It was one of those Joel bad body language nights.  We just had a bad feeling that we weren't gonna put those kids away on the Magic.  Look at what the Magic did to the Cs this season. 

Fultz, to his credit, went right at Embiid multiple times.  Ben would never. 

This was the first full game I watched of Banchero since Duke.  This kid is gonna put up so big numbers in this league if he stays healthy.  He's like Zach Randolph; a load of a human but very skilled.   

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Naz Reid works 

That's who I've been wanting.  Haven't seen any rumors of him being available. 

2 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Although we started off well last night, Joel was not interested from the get go.  During introductions he barely wanted to stand up from the bench.  Then right before the opening tip he was doing the thing where he's bending over, hands on knees.  It was one of those Joel bad body language nights. 

glad i didn't watch. those boo-boo face embiid games are infuriating to watch. guess he'll never outgrow them. 

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

That's who I've been wanting.  Haven't seen any rumors of him being available. 

Rumors or him for Bones from Denver 

56 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Rumors or him for Bones from Denver 

Bones is awesome but we don't need need another scoring guard.

I go Naz Reid. Big. Athletic.  Rebounds and hits 3s.

Liked him since the draft.  And someone I know coached him at a pre-combine camp in Las Vegas.

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No, I don't want to play woman fantasy basketball. Get that crap out of my face ESPN

Screenshot_20230201-123136.png

yeah...my fantasy app looks like that too. they have women's basketball listed before men's. :lol:  

there really seems to be a wnba push going on...sportscenter did a story on it this morning talking about how the league is basically forming "superteams" & hoping that will draw interest. personally i don't think the league should be involved in dictating what players sign with what teams...unless they're going the wwe route...but i don't really care about wnba either way. it's boring to me. 

• Like 1

I've gotten multiple "Breaking News" updates on my phone and watch telling me which WNBA players are signing where. It's annoying as hell. It's bad enough that I get dozens of updates about NHL players not on the Flyers. I couldn't care less about either. 

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...my fantasy app looks like that too. they have women's basketball listed before men's. :lol:  

there really seems to be a wnba push going on...sportscenter did a story on it this morning talking about how the league is basically forming "superteams" & hoping that will draw interest. personally i don't think the league should be involved in dictating what players sign with what teams...unless they're going the wwe route...but i don't really care about wnba either way. it's boring to me. 

Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals