**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

there was another one.

This game was lost with the bench. this organization has no clue how to build a Fing bench. niang, mcdaniels, house, Reed, dedmon are NOT good enough to win a title. Tonight their bench absolutely killed them. 

B8058804-8C2F-4C7E-9F2B-A6FACAA215EF.thumb.jpeg.4ece006ea88d7c84d21b4ef47b262704.jpeg

Yup that’s the sixers for you. Blow double digit leads and a bench unit that’s Fing garbage 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not sure how they beat that team in a 7 game series with so many ways Celtics can play. 

They can’t. And ditto against the bucks. The biggest difference between the Sixers and the Celtics (bucks) is that the Celtics won’t have to overextend their starters every game in the seven game series. The Sixers are going to have to. So over seven games our starters will play way more minutes and eventually get fatigued by the later part of the series cause outside of maxey our bench is just not good 

the sixers failures of building a bench and having to rely on mcdaniels, niang, Reed, house, Milton is the difference. If the sixers just got competent play from the bench tonight they win this game easily. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They can’t. And ditto against the bucks. The biggest difference between the Sixers and the Celtics (bucks) is that the Celtics won’t have to overextend their starters every game in the seven game series. The Sixers are going to have to. So over seven games our starters will play way more minutes and eventually get fatigued by the later part of the series cause outside of maxey our bench is just not good 

the sixers failures of building a bench and having to rely on mcdaniels, niang, Reed, house, Milton is the difference. If the sixers just got competent play from the bench tonight they win this game easily. 

Even Myles Leonard pick up by the Bucks was better than anything Sixers did

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Even Myles Leonard pick up by the Bucks was better than anything Sixers did

Yup. I don’t know what the sixers thought process is. Dedmon was bad enough for Riley to release him. Add on hurt. Sixers rushing to get him even though he’s Fing bad at this point. I swear this franchise just finds ways to just do something dumber than the previous thing they did. If pat Riley didn’t think dedmon was good enough not sure how the sixers remotely believed coming off an injury he’s gonna help.

im so Fing tired of this organization making ridiculously stupid pickups and acquisitions in building their bench  

• Like 1

This team is extremely frustrating. They dominated the Celtics in the first quarter but only had a 2 point lead. They finally capitalized on it in the third and then allowed Horford to go nuts and hit 3 after 3. 

It was a really disappointing way to lose and it's really frustrating because it feels like they beat themselves. Tatum hasn't hit anything all game and fins a way to hit that shot with Melton in his face. 

Tucker and Harris both had really good games, I think they might continue to play Tucker as the 5 while Embiid rests. 

McDaniels stinks, I'm not sure if they can play him in the playoffs because other than being super athletic it doesn't look like he provides much us. 

The bench is a problem. Niang and Shake can get hot, but they're missing a wing that can come off the bench that they probably hoped McDaniels could fill

12 hours ago, Mat said:

This team is extremely frustrating. They dominated the Celtics in the first quarter but only had a 2 point lead. They finally capitalized on it in the third and then allowed Horford to go nuts and hit 3 after 3. 

It was a really disappointing way to lose and it's really frustrating because it feels like they beat themselves. Tatum hasn't hit anything all game and fins a way to hit that shot with Melton in his face. 

Tucker and Harris both had really good games, I think they might continue to play Tucker as the 5 while Embiid rests. 

McDaniels stinks, I'm not sure if they can play him in the playoffs because other than being super athletic it doesn't look like he provides much us. 

The bench is a problem. Niang and Shake can get hot, but they're missing a wing that can come off the bench that they probably hoped McDaniels could fill

They will have to play McDaniels and Niang. Playoffs are pretty much every other day and can Embiid and Harden hold up. 

So I watched last night for a bit.....and then turned it off when it was Harden dribbled down finally got it to Embid with like 10 seconds on the shot clock, he either did a sloppy pass for a turnover or waited til the last second for a shot.  Was awful looking offense.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Talk about putting all your eggs in the basket because would have to trade Maxey 

54 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Hawks are out of that after giving Quinn Sydner 5 years. Rockets should pay him whatever he wants, he could turn them around pretty quickly

On 2/25/2023 at 10:23 PM, mr_hunt said:

F al horford

I think it's fair to see he basically just phoned it in when he was here. 

I've posted this verbatim multiple times about the 76ers.  It's not really an "I told you so" since just about everyone here always agreed and thought the same thing.

Ever since that Kawhi Leonard shot dropped, the reality of the writing on the wall has been apparent for anyone who wants to see it.  The 76ers aren't winning a title with this group.  Fun team, valiant effort to build the squad...but it's not happening.  Embiid will never be healthy enough or full tilt enough late in the year, deep in playoff series and they lack the resources to get adequate stars around him.  We just know it's not happening.  If you are binary fan, as I usually am...once the potential to grow into a championship team is gone, then it's hard to do anything but cash out, collect the resources you can, while you can...and start over.

But if I were the GM...it'd be a different story.  You trade Embiid...he's going to go for 60 cents on the dollar to a team that DOES have pieces.  And he might win a title.  And then you are the NBA's biggest punch line.  So why stick your neck out there just to start the rebuild a few years earlier?  Shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic and enjoy some ill-fated runs into the second round while cheering on one of the best players in the NBA.