**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

This game made me feel old.  Not because we lost another close game but more so that  Kevin Love has gray hair and Cody Zeller is missing half of his. 

• Haha 1

Looks like Noel was bought out.

Didn't want him at the trade deadline,  but he sure would provide more value than Dedmon.

this team isn't fun to watch, imo. slow paced, not athletic, folds in crunch time...just not fun. the remaining schedule is brutal so a total collapse is not out of the question. 

• Like 2

Bill Simmons talked about the Embiid to the Knicks rumor again and Harden to the Heat. 

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Knicks got tons of picks then try to do a sign and trade with Rockets for Tate or steal Eason

Screenshot_20230301-131354.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Emb sitting tonight 

gave bron some good minutes in the all star game tho.

Heat down 18 at the half. Have the sixers and doc right where they want them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Thybulle leaves and becomes Ray Allen from 3 point range 

All those pieces that left and are having success are EXACTLY why Doc should be fired.  F him.  He is the main reason I really don't/can't watch games any more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

mediocre players getting minutes & putting up average numbers on bad teams. 

thybulle played himself out of the rotation in philly. he was horrid on offense & unplayable in the playoffs. if he suddenly turned into a shooter, i'd question why he didn't do that in philly...because he had his chances.

joe would be the 5th guard in philly & wouldn't sniff the court. harden, maxey, melton, & shake are all better than him. shake because of defense & his ability to play a little pg if they need it. shake put up 12 pts last night.  

bassey would be the 3rd center in philly..at best...and isn't good enough to get minutes there. btw, paul reed put up 16 pts, 14 rb's, & 2 blocks last night. he's better than bassey.  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

mediocre players getting minutes & putting up average numbers on bad teams. 

thybulle played himself out of the rotation in philly. he was horrid on offense & unplayable in the playoffs. if he suddenly turned into a shooter, i'd question why he didn't do that in philly...because he had his chances.

joe would be the 5th guard in philly & wouldn't sniff the court. harden, maxey, melton, & shake are all better than him. shake because of defense & his ability to play a little pg if they need it. shake put up 12 pts last night.  

bassey would be the 3rd center in philly..at best...and isn't good enough to get minutes there. btw, paul reed put up 16 pts, 14 rb's, & 2 blocks last night. he's better than bassey.  

I think a lot of this has to do with Doc. I feel he doesn't give these guys a defined enough role, they get lost, lose confidence and in turn don't produce. They then go somewhere else where the coach can find a role for them and the 76'ers look dumb having traded them. 

When Shake was starting with the injuries he had an amazing stretch where he was productive and had a defined role to go be aggressive and try and make shots. As guys came back the role changed and his production dropped quite drastically. When the bench stinks and can't get buckets there is no reason that Shake can't have a similar role. 

Part of it may also be pressure and a change in scenery. I just had a look at Thybulle's numbers, he is shooting a higher percentage (in the 50's) on more shots (about 4.5 a game). There is no pressure in Portland compared to Philly where he was out of the rotation if he shot poorly. Joe was the same in Philly, he looked good in summer league, the real stuff came along and he looked completely lost, lacked confidence and was a liability on the floor. He has no pressure in OKC and is lighting it up for them

I wouldn't be shocked to see Korkmaz leave in the off-season, go to a contender and be an effective shooter for that team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mat said:

I think a lot of this has to do with Doc. I feel he doesn't give these guys a defined enough role, they get lost, lose confidence and in turn don't produce. They then go somewhere else where the coach can find a role for them and the 76'ers look dumb having traded them. 

When Shake was starting with the injuries he had an amazing stretch where he was productive and had a defined role to go be aggressive and try and make shots. As guys came back the role changed and his production dropped quite drastically. When the bench stinks and can't get buckets there is no reason that Shake can't have a similar role. 

Part of it may also be pressure and a change in scenery. I just had a look at Thybulle's numbers, he is shooting a higher percentage (in the 50's) on more shots (about 4.5 a game). There is no pressure in Portland compared to Philly where he was out of the rotation if he shot poorly. Joe was the same in Philly, he looked good in summer league, the real stuff came along and he looked completely lost, lacked confidence and was a liability on the floor. He has no pressure in OKC and is lighting it up for them

I wouldn't be shocked to see Korkmaz leave in the off-season, go to a contender and be an effective shooter for that team. 

i'll put some of it on glenn...but if those guys couldn't perform in philly...(and they couldn't)...because of the pressure, they ain't all that.