**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Doc's run with the Sixers feels eerily similar to his run with the Clippers - a team with a ton of talent that should be really good but is just kinda good and can't get over the hump :lol: 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

oh well...one loss closer to glenn's firing. 

This really is the only thing worth looking forward to at this point.

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

This really is the only thing worth looking forward to at this point.

That, and Morey's firing.

Think about this- when Harden leaves for Houston, and you have to trade Harris's expiring contract, who do you want making those moves? We need someone who is ok with accumulating assets. Morey is always looking for a star in return, and has plenty of recent history or making the wrong move. When Morey has a max contract slot opened up do we want him to be the guy to go sign someone? I dont. He is going to go overpay some washed up old guy.

Morey is not the guy to start the reset, or even a rebuild with. Its a very realistic possibility when Harden leaves, and Harris is traded, Joel is ready to move on too. Of course, for years now we have heard the Knicks rumor, and it keeps coming back up. 

We dont need Morey here trying to get "Value" by getting some tier 3 "star" in return. We need someone who will take young players and a boatload of picks.

sounds like somebody's ready to process again?  :lol:  

i'm not quite there yet...not with a top 5 player & perennial mvp candidate still in his prime. now if jojo asks out...that changes things. 

56 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm not quite there yet...not with a top 5 player & perennial mvp candidate still in his prime. now if jojo asks out...that changes things. 

Im saying, when Harden walks, and they have to trade Harris, Embiid is going to see the team gutted around him. I dont see him sticking around to play with Maxey and PJ Tucker as the big 3.

And before you say they will open up max contract money with the Harden and Harris moves- remember, this is philly. Stars dont sign here- we have to trade for them (and we dont have assets to do that). And, we have Morey- he doesnt go after young stars. He goes after washed up vets who he had previous relationships with.

The max contract slot wont come in to play next summer. Thatll be there for once we accumulate more assets to make a trade, possibly the next deadline, or the summer after.

25 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im saying, when Harden walks, and they have to trade Harris, Embiid is going to see the team gutted around him. I dont see him sticking around to play with Maxey and PJ Tucker as the big 3.

And before you say they will open up max contract money with the Harden and Harris moves- remember, this is philly. Stars dont sign here- we have to trade for them (and we dont have assets to do that). And, we have Morey- he doesnt go after young stars. He goes after washed up vets who he had previous relationships with.

The max contract slot wont come in to play next summer. Thatll be there for once we accumulate more assets to make a trade, possibly the next deadline, or the summer after.

You make a run at Butler again and if not I would trade Embiid. Bill Simmons is pretty connected in the NBA world and he has bought up the Knicks a few times for Joel. Can't be by accident at this point. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Lost in the 2nd round 4 out of the last 5 years and other year in the 1st. At some point it, it just is what it is. The Sixers might be stuck in 2nd round purgatory. 

I don't see how they beat the Celtics or Bucks this year. 

They have to keep the 3rd seed the rest of the year because a 5th place Knicks team would give them problems 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You make a run at Butler again and if not I would trade Embiid. Bill Simmons is pretty connected in the NBA world and he has bought up the Knicks a few times for Joel. Can't be by accident at this point. 

Steven A randomly threw that idea out there like 3 years ago, when there was absolutely no reason to ever talk about it or suggest it. Its been around for quite a while.

As we see the 6ers really getting close to the end of the road after the process failed, or was sabotaged, the time is coming where we are actually going to let guys go, trade for a cap dump... and the Knicks rumor is still out there. It say its pretty surely legit at this point.

Every player gets rumored to the Knicks I feel like at some point - except no one wants to go there cause their owner sucks and the team hasn't been relevant forever 

Embiid’s former agent, Leon Rose, is the president of the Knicks, that’s why that connection gets made. It happened with Donovan Mitchel too, another of his former clients.

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lost in the 2nd round 4 out of the last 5 years and other year in the 1st. At some point it, it just is what it is. The Sixers might be stuck in 2nd round purgatory. 

I don't see how they beat the Celtics or Bucks this year. 

They have to keep the 3rd seed the rest of the year because a 5th place Knicks team would give them problems 

yeah, they're not winning a championship with embiid...i realize that. not sure they do though. 

only the f'n sixers would draft center after center with lottery picks...in an era where centers are being phased out of the game. :nonono:   the process was a f'n fail! 

29 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Every player gets rumored to the Knicks I feel like at some point - except no one wants to go there cause their owner sucks and the team hasn't been relevant forever 

And that tide is turning. Knicks are becoming more relevant and have the drsft capital to trade for a disgruntled star. Embiid fits of being disgruntled if they lose again. 

• Like 1

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/03/03/nba-trade-rumors-new-york-knicks-philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-bold-scenario/2/

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: G/F RJ Barrett, C Mitchell Robinson, 2024 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2025 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2027 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2029 First-Round Pick (NYK) 
New York Knicks Receive: C Joel Embiid 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/03/03/nba-trade-rumors-new-york-knicks-philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-bold-scenario/2/

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: G/F RJ Barrett, C Mitchell Robinson, 2024 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2025 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2027 First-Round Pick (NYK), 2029 First-Round Pick (NYK) 
New York Knicks Receive: C Joel Embiid 

For the Sixers I wouldn't want RJ. Give me Grimes and Quickley and make Knicks take Tucker contract as well.  Not sure that is enough of picks either. They got picks from other teams as well. 

Nets got 4 picks, Cam Johnson (worth at least one 1st, and Bridges (Grizzlies offered four 1sts for him) 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

For the Sixers I wouldn't want RJ. Give me Grimes and Quickley and make Knicks take Tucker contract as well.  Not sure that is enough of picks either. They got picks from other teams as well. 

Nets got 4 picks, Cam Johnson (worth at least one 1st, and Bridges (Grizzlies offered four 1sts for him) 

i saw a different version the other day that had philly getting mitchell robinson, toppin, & another player i can't remember...maybe grimes...plus six 1st round picks...with 3 of them being unprotected. 

I'd be surprised if Embiid and Butler didn't end up together again somewhere other than Philly.

Miami, an LA team... somewhere stars go.

10 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i saw a different version the other day that had philly getting mitchell robinson, toppin, & another player i can't remember...maybe grimes...plus six 1st round picks...with 3 of them being unprotected. 

Thunder : Giddy and Jalen Williams

Raptors: Barnes and OG 

Heat: Bam and Herro

Whoever has 2nd pick to get Scoot. I think he is next superstar 

Smart. Real smart.

[quote]

Memphis Grizzlies point guard Ja Morant's Instagram live post, in which he displayed a gun while at a nightclub early Saturday morning, has prompted an investigation from the NBA.

"We are aware of a social media post involving Ja Morant and are investigating," NBA spokesman Mike Bass said.

Morant began his Instagram live session at 5:19 a.m. ET, hours after the Grizzlies' 113-97 loss to the Denver Nuggets. The All-Star guard, who was shirtless and rapping along with the music, could be seen holding up a handgun with his left hand.

A Grizzlies spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the team. [/quote]

Love when these superior teams just rain down 3s on us and make us feel so inadequate.

This has been pretty pathetic