**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Tough year for Philly fans, but at least our other stars showed up.  Harper was the best player in the postseason this past year, our pitching let us down.  Hurts was the best player on the field at the Super Bowl, our defense let us down.  Embiid, league MVP, showed out with 15 points in a win or go home game.  Say what you want about Harden, but 2 of the 3 wins the Sixers got in this series were because of him, not Embiid.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hypothetical question-

We almost surely can not get the #1 pick in this draft for Embiid. Wembanyama is a generational type prospect.

But would you trade Embiid for Holmgren? Would OKC do it?

Giddy, Shai-G, Jalen Williams, and Embiid.

Maybe theyd prefer to be patient and wait for Holmgren to come along as a "rookie" coming off hsi foot injury, but Embiid accelerates that team in to a contender right now. 

Embiid for Holmgren, Dort, and Robinson-Earl works.

Holmgren and Dort isn't enough for Embiid 

Giddy and Jalen Williams plus fillers but if I'm the Thunder, I already have my 1-3 set for a long time why bother blowing it up

13 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Tough year for Philly fans, but at least our other stars showed up.  Harper was the best player in the postseason this past year, our pitching let us down.  Hurts was the best player on the field at the Super Bowl, our defense let us down.  Embiid, league MVP, showed out with 15 points in a win or go home game.  Say what you want about Harden, but 2 of the 3 wins the Sixers got in this series were because of him, not Embiid.  

Bro, at least the other teams can get past the second round of the damn playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Holmgren and Dort isn't enough for Embiid 

Giddy and Jalen Williams plus fillers but if I'm the Thunder, I already have my 1-3 set for a long time why bother blowing it up

I think Holmgren may be.  Of course you take a little risk on the fact that we haven't seen him play in the NBA yet,  and his injury. 

Id take those two too but like you said doesn't make sense for them to blow it up. 

More likely,  a star for star swap, with fillers for salary match.  Their core remains intact around Embiid. Looks like a real good team. 

Bodner was just on the radio and said the only scenario which Embiid is traded is if he asks for one. Otherwise there is no chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bodner was just on the radio and said the only scenario which Embiid is traded is if he asks for one. Otherwise there is no chance.

💯

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Holmgren may be.  Of course you take a little risk on the fact that we haven't seen him play in the NBA yet,  and his injury. 

Id take those two too but like you said doesn't make sense for them to blow it up. 

More likely,  a star for star swap, with fillers for salary match.  Their core remains intact around Embiid. Looks like a real good team. 

You can't trade an MVP for a guy that hasn't played in the league yet. Thunder would be smart to trade for Wiseman and let him go get rebounds.

You get both picks this year in a deep draft. A wing that could turn into a Jaylen Brown type and a bucket getter in Simons. Blazers got 5th worst odds so could a really good player. 

Screenshot_20230514-174023~2.png

• Haha 1

@mr_hunt that trade is similar to what the Nets got for KD. We will know where the Blazers pick after Tuesday but ask for a few more picks. Wings run this league and Sharpe is already in the 1% of athletic ability.

Or you can stick with a guy that is 30 in March, throws his teammates under the bus, never been past the 2nd round, and had the largest  drop-off for an MVP at 9.4ppg in NBA history. 

It's time to blow this thing up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

A sign and trade is only possible if he is looking to extract every last dollar out of his contract with Houston.

We would have his bird rights so can pay him more. 

For that to be possible,  Houston would have to think he is worth the super max. Unlikely. 

And he would be forcing his next team to weaken its roster on order to trade for him. 

So very selfish move in both regards if that's what he does. 

More likely,  he becomes a regular free agent and signs with them.  We get nothing.  And it doesn't free any cap space either.  We would still be over the cap. 

I had a dream the other night that he ended up in Dallas replacing Kyrie. Weird dream for me to have, and I don't remember anything else about it. I just woke up and thought, oh that kind of makes sense. He'd be close to the Houston area and on a team that's more competitive. Dallas always seems willing to take a shot on guys like Harden.

10 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I had a dream the other night that he ended up in Dallas replacing Kyrie. Weird dream for me to have, and I don't remember anything else about it. I just woke up and thought, oh that kind of makes sense. He'd be close to the Houston area and on a team that's more competitive. Dallas always seems willing to take a shot on guys like Harden.

That would be a nightmare spot for him and Luka. Dallas needs to just overpay for Draymond 

idk if there's any team that will be willing to overpay harden at this stage of his career. i hope there is...but idk. 

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@mr_hunt that trade is similar to what the Nets got for KD. We will know where the Blazers pick after Tuesday but ask for a few more picks. Wings run this league and Sharpe is already in the 1% of athletic ability.

Or you can stick with a guy that is 30 in March, throws his teammates under the bus, never been past the 2nd round, and had the largest  drop-off for an MVP at 9.4ppg in NBA history. 

It's time to blow this thing up. 

with more picks....maybe something to look at. but they're not trading embiid coming off an mvp unless he asks for it. dude fills seats. 

How to fix the 76ers: 

1. Sell the team to a good owner 

2. Get rid of the GM 

3. Get rid of the head coach 

4. Get rid of every player not named Maxey  

5. Start your rebuild.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

idk if there's any team that will be willing to overpay harden at this stage of his career. i hope there is...but idk. 

Which means he might opt in

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

with more picks....maybe something to look at. but they're not trading embiid coming off an mvp unless he asks for it. dude fills seats. 

Has to be a point where it's, I can't win with this dude. 

The only argument for Embiid is, okay you got your MVP and now you will play 50 games the next year. I don't care if you want All Pro or some BS individual accolade, you ain't getting it. Look at Jokic, he lost the MVP the last two months because he sat games and was resting for this run while Embiid was playing back to backs. Probably says more about Joel and what he cares about as well. 

You look at the roster and I can't find one guy, maybe Maxey, that is considered above athletic on the team. Team is old and slow and not sure how you fix that.

As @HazletonEagle mentioned, at this point you have to pray that a team will do a sign and trade for a Harden and he doesn't walk for nothing. Team is Fed with a capital F if that happens and wouldn't be surprised if Embiid asks out at that point. 

Just now, Gannan said:

yeah, that's what i'm worried about. :meh:  

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

The rumors of Harden to Houston have been real for a few months. He feels like he did the Sixers a favor already 

i havent been that angry after a philly team post season loss in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Has to be a point where it's, I can't win with this dude. 

The only argument for Embiid is, okay you got your MVP and now you will play 50 games the next year. I don't care if you want All Pro or some BS individual accolade, you ain't getting it. Look at Jokic, he lost the MVP the last two months because he sat games and was resting for this run while Embiid was playing back to backs. Probably says more about Joel and what he cares about as well. 

You look at the roster and I can't find one guy, maybe Maxey, that is considered above athletic on the team. Team is old and slow and not sure how you fix that.

As @HazletonEagle mentioned, at this point you have to pray that a team will do a sign and trade for a Harden and he doesn't walk for nothing. Team is Fed with a capital F if that happens and wouldn't be surprised if Embiid asks out at that point. 

i'm not saying that i 100% wouldn't trade embiid. i'm saying the sixers' front office won't. of course the team is f'd...they might have the worst, most unathletic wings in the entire league. 

my thoughts on embiid are in line with most others here. he was more concerned with winning the mvp than winning the championship this season. he's super talented but also a headcase who gets rattled in big games. i'd rather see him around 20 ppg & competing for DPOY awards than at 30 ppg competing for MVP's. it would be better for the team. but....he's a headcase & i doubt he'd adjust his game that way. 

i also don't like his postgame comments where he threw teammates under the bus again...i was finished with iverson after his "it's only practice" press conference...that's when i 100% realized they would never win with him. i'm getting close to that point with embiid...very close.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You can't trade an MVP for a guy that hasn't played in the league yet. Thunder would be smart to trade for Wiseman and let him go get rebounds.

You get both picks this year in a deep draft. A wing that could turn into a Jaylen Brown type and a bucket getter in Simons. Blazers got 5th worst odds so could a really good player. 

Screenshot_20230514-174023~2.png

I like those players. I was a big proponent of drafting Simons that year. One of those guys I look at constantly as a missed opportunity.

But that package is a hell of a lot less enticing than Chet Holmgren+

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I like those players. I was a big proponent of drafting Simons that year. One of those guys I look at constantly as a missed opportunity.

But that package is a hell of a lot less enticing than Chet Holmgren+

I don't even like how Chet runs, like hunch back lol

Sharpe will be Jaylen Brown soon enough and Blazers pick Top 5 in a deep deep draft. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I think everyone realizes that. But its starting to feel likely that he is getting to that point where he does request one. Thats why its worth talking about now. 

When Harden walks, and they have to offload Harris just to clear up some cap space, Embiid is going to see himself and a bunch of Miltons and Meltons and think- this isnt good enough. He will want out.