Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

50 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You can't trade an MVP for a guy that hasn't played in the league yet. Thunder would be smart to trade for Wiseman and let him go get rebounds.

You get both picks this year in a deep draft. A wing that could turn into a Jaylen Brown type and a bucket getter in Simons. Blazers got 5th worst odds so could a really good player. 

Screenshot_20230514-174023~2.png

I like those players. I was a big proponent of drafting Simons that year. One of those guys I look at constantly as a missed opportunity.

But that package is a hell of a lot less enticing than Chet Holmgren+

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I like those players. I was a big proponent of drafting Simons that year. One of those guys I look at constantly as a missed opportunity.

But that package is a hell of a lot less enticing than Chet Holmgren+

I don't even like how Chet runs, like hunch back lol

Sharpe will be Jaylen Brown soon enough and Blazers pick Top 5 in a deep deep draft. 

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

with more picks....maybe something to look at. but they're not trading embiid coming off an mvp unless he asks for it. dude fills seats. 

I think everyone realizes that. But its starting to feel likely that he is getting to that point where he does request one. Thats why its worth talking about now. 

When Harden walks, and they have to offload Harris just to clear up some cap space, Embiid is going to see himself and a bunch of Miltons and Meltons and think- this isnt good enough. He will want out.

We don't want Holmgren. That beanpole is going to get manhandled by men in the league.

1 hour ago, Paul852 said:

Bro, at least the other teams can get past the second round of the damn playoffs. 

I totally agree - my point was that the stars on our other teams are at least showing up when it matters.  Embiid consistently does NOT show up in the playoffs, when he isn't hurt that is

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if only maxey were 4-5 inches taller. 

This was my other hypothetical question Ive been waiting to pose.

Ive always been outside of the trade Maxey camp in the past. Pretty much still am.

BUT- I have been wondering, if we were to trade him for a 1st this year, how high of a 1st would he fetch?

IMO- Id have to consider top 7. The Thompson brothers both average over 20 a game and fill out the rest of the stat sheet nicely. They are both 6'7''. And the Villanova guy is a great athlete. Good chance to land one of those 3 if you can get to 7.

I dont know realistically what kind of pick he can fetch.

 

But if we go full rebuild where Joel asks for a trade, harden and Harris are gone- you dont give Maxey a max contract. 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I totally agree - my point was that the stars on our other teams are at least showing up when it matters.  Embiid consistently does NOT show up in the playoffs, when he isn't hurt that is

You saw what a player with killer instinct does in a game 7. Embiid's not that guy.

5 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

We don't want Holmgren. That beanpole is going to get manhandled by men in the league.

Kinda thought skinny unathletic Durant would get bullied too. But this isnt the 1980s NBA. Those guys can survive.

1 minute ago, Paul852 said:

You saw what a player (WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 76ER) with killer instinct does in a game 7. Embiid's not that guy.

FYP

 

 

FB_IMG_1684161914797.jpg

8 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

FB_IMG_1684161914797.jpg

I think they said the other night that it's a total of 9 times a team has had a 3-2 lead and lost the series. It will be 10 now and 4 of those are Doc. Has he been fired yet?

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm not saying that i 100% wouldn't trade embiid. i'm saying the sixers' front office won't. of course the team is f'd...they might have the worst, most unathletic wings in the entire league. 

 

my thoughts on embiid are in line with most others here. he was more concerned with winning the mvp than winning the championship this season. he's super talented but also a headcase who gets rattled in big games. i'd rather see him around 20 ppg & competing for DPOY awards than at 30 ppg competing for MVP's. it would be better for the team. but....he's a headcase & i doubt he'd adjust his game that way. 

i also don't like his postgame comments where he threw teammates under the bus again...i was finished with iverson after his "it's only practice" press conference...that's when i 100% realized they would never win with him. i'm getting close to that point with embiid...very close.

I just watched the whole clip before and I didn't interpret it that way. It starts with Harden staying and he says he will improve and will be better and says they all need to work to get better to win a championship as a team. It's just challenging his teammates to put the work in and come back as better players. It's not just about him or Harden if he bails but all 5 guys that will be on the floor next season 

What was that weird coughing during Joel’s presser? I think he was trying to hint at something. 

40 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i havent been that angry after a philly team post season loss in a long time. 

I can't even get angry about it. I saw it coming from a mile away. They sucked me back in with that game 5 win, but I knew this was the inevitable result. 

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

I can't even get angry about it. I saw it coming from a mile away. They sucked me back in with that game 5 win, but I knew this was the inevitable result. 

same. i think most of us knew. my kid & i were texting about the inevitable 3rd quarter collapse at halftime yesterday. every sixers' fan who has watched this team knew it was coming. 

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I can't even get angry about it. I saw it coming from a mile away. They sucked me back in with that game 5 win, but I knew this was the inevitable result. 

i knew what was coming as well, but it still pissed me off beyond the norm. probably adding to it was the team they lost to, tatum, and the quitting. 

 

 

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

 

 

They should hurry, Monty is available 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i havent been that angry after a philly team post season loss in a long time. 

Mine was game 6. I already knew they mailed it in after that. I knew Glenny Boy could't coach them up. I also knew Embiid and Harden would disappear. I hate that I was right. I now can't stand Embiid. He is a playoff failure EVERY year- which means he IS a playoff failure who can't compete in the playoffs. Then he trashes his team mates. Guess what? Tobias freakin Harris outscored both Harden and Embid. So did Maxey. I'm disgusted with the whole org now. Burn it to the ground.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They should hurry, Monty is available 

I was thinking him or Nick Nurse. 

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I was thinking him or Nick Nurse. 

Nurse would run Embiid into the ground by game 30. I would be worried about that. 

Cassell.

 

 

Curry, Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Curry, Lebron, Curry, Kawhi, Lebron, Lebron.

Know what that is?  That’s the best player on the last 11 NBA champions.  
 

Embiid will never play close to the level of anyone on that list in the playoffs.  Most of those teams had 2nd best players who match or exceed playoff Embiid.

Improving the supporting case may get them out of round 2, but it won’t win them a title.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:55 AM, TV Guy said:

Looks the same. Another nice 50-55 win season, 3 or 4 seed, disappointing exit. Lousy coach.

 

I want the best for the 76ers and root for them constantly…but I never gave them a chance to win anything after Kawhi’s buzzer beater hit.  I thought that was it for them and their roster just didn’t have the horses or assets to win a title.  
 

I thought they were going nowhere at all times…with one exception.  I didn’t believe when they swept the Nets or stole game 1.  But when they went up 3-2 in this series (without any truly intimidating teams on the horizon)…that’s when I figured they might actually take this somewhere.  
 

Oh well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.