**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

We don't want Holmgren. That beanpole is going to get manhandled by men in the league.

1 hour ago, Paul852 said:

Bro, at least the other teams can get past the second round of the damn playoffs. 

I totally agree - my point was that the stars on our other teams are at least showing up when it matters.  Embiid consistently does NOT show up in the playoffs, when he isn't hurt that is

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

if only maxey were 4-5 inches taller. 

This was my other hypothetical question Ive been waiting to pose.

Ive always been outside of the trade Maxey camp in the past. Pretty much still am.

BUT- I have been wondering, if we were to trade him for a 1st this year, how high of a 1st would he fetch?

IMO- Id have to consider top 7. The Thompson brothers both average over 20 a game and fill out the rest of the stat sheet nicely. They are both 6'7''. And the Villanova guy is a great athlete. Good chance to land one of those 3 if you can get to 7.

I dont know realistically what kind of pick he can fetch.

But if we go full rebuild where Joel asks for a trade, harden and Harris are gone- you dont give Maxey a max contract. 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I totally agree - my point was that the stars on our other teams are at least showing up when it matters.  Embiid consistently does NOT show up in the playoffs, when he isn't hurt that is

You saw what a player with killer instinct does in a game 7. Embiid's not that guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

We don't want Holmgren. That beanpole is going to get manhandled by men in the league.

Kinda thought skinny unathletic Durant would get bullied too. But this isnt the 1980s NBA. Those guys can survive.

1 minute ago, Paul852 said:

You saw what a player (WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 76ER) with killer instinct does in a game 7. Embiid's not that guy.

FYP

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1684161914797.jpg

I think they said the other night that it's a total of 9 times a team has had a 3-2 lead and lost the series. It will be 10 now and 4 of those are Doc. Has he been fired yet?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm not saying that i 100% wouldn't trade embiid. i'm saying the sixers' front office won't. of course the team is f'd...they might have the worst, most unathletic wings in the entire league. 

my thoughts on embiid are in line with most others here. he was more concerned with winning the mvp than winning the championship this season. he's super talented but also a headcase who gets rattled in big games. i'd rather see him around 20 ppg & competing for DPOY awards than at 30 ppg competing for MVP's. it would be better for the team. but....he's a headcase & i doubt he'd adjust his game that way. 

i also don't like his postgame comments where he threw teammates under the bus again...i was finished with iverson after his "it's only practice" press conference...that's when i 100% realized they would never win with him. i'm getting close to that point with embiid...very close.

I just watched the whole clip before and I didn't interpret it that way. It starts with Harden staying and he says he will improve and will be better and says they all need to work to get better to win a championship as a team. It's just challenging his teammates to put the work in and come back as better players. It's not just about him or Harden if he bails but all 5 guys that will be on the floor next season 

What was that weird coughing during Joel’s presser? I think he was trying to hint at something. 

40 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i havent been that angry after a philly team post season loss in a long time. 

I can't even get angry about it. I saw it coming from a mile away. They sucked me back in with that game 5 win, but I knew this was the inevitable result. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

I can't even get angry about it. I saw it coming from a mile away. They sucked me back in with that game 5 win, but I knew this was the inevitable result. 

same. i think most of us knew. my kid & i were texting about the inevitable 3rd quarter collapse at halftime yesterday. every sixers' fan who has watched this team knew it was coming. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

i knew what was coming as well, but it still pissed me off beyond the norm. probably adding to it was the team they lost to, tatum, and the quitting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

They should hurry, Monty is available 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i havent been that angry after a philly team post season loss in a long time. 

Mine was game 6. I already knew they mailed it in after that. I knew Glenny Boy could't coach them up. I also knew Embiid and Harden would disappear. I hate that I was right. I now can't stand Embiid. He is a playoff failure EVERY year- which means he IS a playoff failure who can't compete in the playoffs. Then he trashes his team mates. Guess what? Tobias freakin Harris outscored both Harden and Embid. So did Maxey. I'm disgusted with the whole org now. Burn it to the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They should hurry, Monty is available 

I was thinking him or Nick Nurse. 

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I was thinking him or Nick Nurse. 

Nurse would run Embiid into the ground by game 30. I would be worried about that. 

Curry, Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Curry, Lebron, Curry, Kawhi, Lebron, Lebron.

Know what that is?  That’s the best player on the last 11 NBA champions.  

Embiid will never play close to the level of anyone on that list in the playoffs.  Most of those teams had 2nd best players who match or exceed playoff Embiid.

Improving the supporting case may get them out of round 2, but it won’t win them a title.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:55 AM, TV Guy said:

Looks the same. Another nice 50-55 win season, 3 or 4 seed, disappointing exit. Lousy coach.

• Like 1

I want the best for the 76ers and root for them constantly…but I never gave them a chance to win anything after Kawhi’s buzzer beater hit.  I thought that was it for them and their roster just didn’t have the horses or assets to win a title.  

I thought they were going nowhere at all times…with one exception.  I didn’t believe when they swept the Nets or stole game 1.  But when they went up 3-2 in this series (without any truly intimidating teams on the horizon)…that’s when I figured they might actually take this somewhere.  

Oh well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I want the best for the 76ers and root for them constantly…but I never gave them a chance to win anything after Kawhi’s buzzer beater hit.  I thought that was it for them and their roster just didn’t have the horses or assets to win a title.  

I thought they were going nowhere at all times…with one exception.  I didn’t believe when they swept the Nets or stole game 1.  But when they went up 3-2 in this series (without any truly intimidating teams on the horizon)…that’s when I figured they might actually take this somewhere.  

Oh well.

It wasn’t the kawhi shot that made me believe they weren’t ever going to win anything. It was the decision that they made after when they didn’t retain Jimmy Butler but went out and got Al Horford with the last of the cap space they had and signing Tobias Harris to the contract he got.

I will fully admit before that playoff run I figured they’d choose Tobias Harris over butler because he was younger and they didn’t want to get into a five year contract with Jimmy Butler, who might be done by the time they got to year 4 of that contract. However, when you saw how Jimmy Butler played during the playoffs, and what he meant, you had to re-sign him. You needed to retain Jimmy Butler. Once they did that you knew they were Fed. Because nobody was going to take Tobias Harris on that contract until he was an expiring contract and  Horford just didn’t fit. on top of that the analytics told you how Horford was on the decline and could only play center now. 

that to me is when i figured they weren’t winning a title. I did think they’d get to the ECF in 2021 cause they had an easy path but doc and sixers blew that series too. This year even up 3-2 i didn’t trust them. I only trust doc and the sixers when they actually complete their task at hand. 

I really don’t think doc was the biggest issue in this series. That said i do think mazz adjustments in game 6 killed the sixers and was a major turning point. That said, I also know if I want to get where I want to go Doc is not the guy who’s going to get me there. So why waste prime years of embiid with him. I don’t think he’s a good coach anymore. He’s mediocre. The only move he really made this entire playoffs was game 5. In that game he put Daniel house into the game and had guys like tucker/Harris cut when they came to double embiid or left to stop maxey/harden. That’s about the only thing he did.  His strategy even in the Nets series was that guys will just make shots. Said then it would get him later rounds of the playoffs cause they aren’t good enough to just rely on guys hitting shots and not embiid being embiid. You can’t coach that way. Boston eventually went with a similar strategy with the doubling (sometimes even tripling) to what the Nets did and had better horses to make it work