**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Agreed.  And it was only one game but he seemed to react much better the few times the double team came.  He didn't hold the ball too long or turn it over.  

Once again, Brett Brown lost us the game.  Neto was in for 20 minutes for whatever reason and he did not even attempt to come up with a defensive game plan for Warren when it was clear he was going to be Michael Jordan from the start of the game.

neto is trash. the entire backcourt was trash.  neto, shake, & richardson combined for 6 points & 6 turnovers in 70 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

shake got owned by tj. i wonder if he lost his starting job in the process. 

this team just does not have anyone who can consistently create his own shot...that's usually a backcourt guy...and that's what wins in today's nba.  and brett needs to go.  the best thing for them long term might be for them to look awful & get blown out of the playoffs in the first round. otherwise, they'll be tempted to come back with the same dreck next season.

Yep. 

And in the draft need to load up on shot creating guards with every pick. Hope one sticks. 

• Like 1

the college version of fultz would've been a great fit.  really good shot creater & able to knock down open jumpers.  need someone like that...minus the mental fragility. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the college version of fultz would've been a great fit.  really good shot creater & able to knock down open jumpers.  need someone like that...minus the mental fragility. 

Sucks so bad he went full retahd.  He was literally the perfect fit for this team.

somebody like dinwiddie might be a good fit.  not a great 3 pt shooter but he can create.  if there's a way to move josh for him, i'd consider it in the offseason. nets have kyrie coming back so they might be willing to move dinwiddie. 

36 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Or kept Bridges 

But, I think the organization would rather lose in the 1st or 2nd round every year then make an actual hard decision. 

28 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

somebody like dinwiddie might be a good fit.  not a great 3 pt shooter but he can create.  if there's a way to move josh for him, i'd consider it in the offseason. nets have kyrie coming back so they might be willing to move dinwiddie. 

They got Durant and LeVert who they just gave a new deal to so doubt they want him. 

And Spencer knows he is a bucket getter off the bench like Lou Williams 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Or kept Bridges 

But, I think the organization would rather lose in the 1st or 2nd round every year then make an actual hard decision. 

bridges can't create at all. i think they got a better version of bridges in mattise. 

but i agree that he'd be better than zhaire!  👎

• Like 2

We can complain about Embiid’s shortcomings all we want, but the bottom line is he was FAR from the problem in that game. The main problem is lack of a TRUE point guard. And at the risk of sounding like I’m "piling on” on Simmons, he pretty much played the game no differently at the 4 than he did when he was the primary ball handler. 

That said... as bad as Shake was, I think you need to give him more than one game at the point. Haven’t seen any news yet about tonight’s lineup but I would hope they don’t give up on him after one bad game. He almost definitely isn’t the answer, but I’m giving him more than one start to see for sure. 

• Like 1

bridges can't create at all. i think they got a better version of bridges in mattise. 

Thybulle is so underutilized it’s ridiculous. 12 minutes played in a game where Richardson was absolute trash? The kid plays great defense and can knock down a few threes here and there. Brown needs to get him on the floor more. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

and wtf did they keep neto over trey burke?  :wacko:

No idea. Neto is a waste of a roster spot. Might as well have just kept TJ if Neto was your alternative at backup PG. 

jmo...i think alec burks should get more playing time. doode can score a little bit & doesn't seem to get rattled.  

jmo...i think alec burks should get more playing time. doode can score a little bit & doesn't seem to get rattled.  

Over Neto? Absolutely. Christ, I’d play him over Richardson too if he doesn’t get his crap together. 

That Butler trade is looking worse and worse. As much as I love Harris, if the choice was one or the other, I’d have just given Butler what he wanted to stay. This team would look much better IMO. 

21 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

You don't need him to create really and they are in different years so can have both. But I also posted a video the other day of him creating with a fall a way jumper. Bridges is having a great bubble session so far and his per 36 numbers are damn impressive. 

He is a modern day 3 and D. Which this team needs. 6'6" with a 7'1" wingspan. 

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Over Neto? Absolutely. Christ, I’d play him over Richardson too if he doesn’t get his crap together. 

That Butler trade is looking worse and worse. As much as I love Harris, if the choice was one or the other, I’d have just given Butler what he wanted to stay. This team would look much better IMO. 

I'm not sure they have won a trade YET! Fultz trade was a disaster and then trading him for peanuts was a mistake 

23 minutes ago, nipples said:

That said... as bad as Shake was, I think you need to give him more than one game at the point. Haven’t seen any news yet about tonight’s lineup but I would hope they don’t give up on him after one bad game. He almost definitely isn’t the answer, but I’m giving him more than one start to see for sure. 

shake was way out of his league the other night.  tj came in & immediately forced a couple turnovers & got in shake's head. we'll see about tonight.  spurs are running a very small lineup with aldridge out. derozan is playing pf for them.  sixers should be able to bully them inside again...but they need to play some d as well. 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You don't need him to create really and they are in different years so can have both. But I also posted a video the other day of him creating with a fall a way jumper. Bridges is having a great bubble session so far and his per 36 numbers are damn impressive. 

He is a modern day 3 and D. Which this team needs. 6'6" with a 7'1" wingspan. 

i agree with bridges > zhaire.  i think everyone would...but they'd still need a creator in the backcourt. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i agree with bridges > zhaire.  i think everyone would...but they'd still need a creator in the backcourt. 

I agree and the way to get it is trade Joel and pray you can get a talent like Beal in return. 

Then run a 5 out offense similar to the Bucks and speed the game. Sign someone like Aaron Baynes to be your lunch pale guy with Al off the bench. 

Baynes, Harris, Thybulle, Beal, Simmons. Is no dedicated ball handler. 

I also make Brown walk home and hire Darvin Ham as the HC. He is the current associate HC for the Bucks. Budenholzer has such a successful coaching tree you see what Ham can do and they run a system similar to what Sixers should. 

baynes is only 1 year younger than horford...but i get the concept. i think they'd get a hell of a lot more than beal in an embiid trade.  they could potentially get 2 starters + picks for jojo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

baynes is only 1 year younger than horford...but i get the concept. i think they'd get a hell of a lot more than beal in an embiid trade.  they could potentially get 2 starters + picks for jojo. 

I don't think so. When is the last team to win a ring with a dominant big man? Could say Shaq but that was Wade's team in Miami.

Beal, who is still just 27, is on the level of player as Joel especially in this era of the 3 pointer. 

36 minutes pre COVID Beal was 30ppg, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 84% from the line on 8 attempts. His 3 point % is down to 35.2% but he is a career 38%. 

• Like 1

beal is nice but the wiz are 24-42 with him this year.  jojo is much more valuable, imo. whatever...they won't trade embiid. 

beal is a 2x all star.  embiid is 2x all nba...big difference.

I didn’t watch the other night because I didn’t get the game.  But is it the general consensus that they should drop the Shake experiment after one game and move Ben back to point?   If that happens BB looks really bad.  Pretty sure we’re well past that.   I hope Covid didn’t save his job.   

76ers' Kyle O'Quinn missed his coronavirus test on Sunday and is not eligible to play today vs. San Antonio, team official confirms to @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. O'Quinn was tested today and will rejoin the team upon negative result.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 3, 2020