**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm hoping they're also on nbc sports philly. 

I doubt that zumoff and allah are included in the bubble. In which case, I dont see how they can do the game.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I doubt that zumoff and allah are included in the bubble. In which case, I dont see how they can do the game.

idk...i'm pretty sure i saw that they're televising this friday's scrimmage.  maybe they're calling the game while watching it on a monitor? 

Just now, rambo said:

Nice.  Took off from work to pack and get crap done before vacation.  Now I can watch a Sixers scrimmage instead.

yeah...the schedule on their site only goes to aug 5 & they are airing every game through that date.  👍 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...the schedule on their site only goes to aug 5 & they are airing every game through that date.  👍 

Nice!   I'm taking a week off starting August 1st so I'll get to watch a bunch of games.

• Like 1

The NBA has moved the 2020 Draft Lottery up from August 25th to August 20th.

The 2020 Draft remains scheduled for October 16th.

Bagley, and Justice Winslow are both out for the season. A hit to Sacramento and Memphis. Not that they had a chance anyway.

Adam Schefter is high on the Sixers, thinks Shake Milton is a 'stud'

ESPN’s Adam Schefter is best known for his status as a premier NFL breaking news reporter. 

He has some knowledge about other sports, too, and gave a few of his NBA opinions on the latest Habershow podcast with NBC Sports NBA Insider Tom Haberstroh.

An avid fantasy basketball player, Schefter thinks the Sixers "could be very good” when the season resumes. 

He’s a big fan of the new starting lineup Brett Brown has been using during the team’s practices at Disney World. 

Brett Brown got smart, putting Ben Simmons at power forward,” Schefter said. "He’s going to use Shake Milton as a starter. Shake Milton’s gotta play. I’m just telling you, that guy’s a stud. On my fantasy team, the it-factor. That guy can play.

Haberstroh also agrees with inserting Milton into the starting lineup. The second-year guard was excellent before the NBA season was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic, averaging 17.8 points and 4.1 assists over the Sixers’ final nine games, and shooting 60.4 percent from three-point range during that stretch. 

"He can shoot,” Haberstroh said. "That’s the one thing Philly needs, is a guard who can space the floor.”

"If Milton comes on as that guy at guard,” Schefter said, "and Ben Simmons is at power forward with (Tobias) Harris and (Joel) Embiid, there’s a lot of good stuff going on there, right?”

The Sixers still must determine Al Horford’s role and the composition of their rotation before the postseason, but the starting lineup change certainly looks logical.

The reporter who usually alerts us to news about Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady thinks so, anyway.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/sixers-2020-nba-restart-shake-milton-adam-schefter-habershow-podcast

I know schefter does know basketball, and ESPN allowed him to get a little bit involved in basketball discussions once in a while last year. 

What a mentality, Fing headcase 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29074004/ben-simmons-hears-talk-process-not-public-experiment

Simmons agreed to work with a sports psychologist, while Sixers personnel, friends and teammates have tried -- and failed -- to instill the necessary impudence to get him over the hump.

"I know it's going to come," Simmons says. "It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it. Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature.

"With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30% right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40%."

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29074004/ben-simmons-hears-talk-process-not-public-experiment

Simmons agreed to work with a sports psychologist, while Sixers personnel, friends and teammates have tried -- and failed -- to instill the necessary impudence to get him over the hump.

"I know it's going to come," Simmons says. "It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it. Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature.

"With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30% right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40%."

Guess he doesn't see that the best player in basketball shoots 3s at 30% because it still serves a purpose for him.

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just excuses is all that is

Maybe the psychologist can trick him into thinking he is just playing a scrimmage with no one in the stands.  He can't be scared of people watching him in person since no one will be there.

• Like 1

This is the best shooting time he will ever experience. No fans and the backdrops are just black curtains which helps with depth perception 

• Like 1

Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown said Thursday that Ben Simmons has had a "paradigm shift" in his thinking when it came to taking 3-pointers.

Simmons didn't waste any time proving his coach was right.

Playing at a new position -- power forward -- as part of Philadelphia's new-look starting lineup in the team's opening action from the NBA's bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort, Simmons took two 3-pointers, and made one, in a 90-83 scrimmage victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.

"Just playing," Simmons said. "We've been practicing, working on just finding that corner. I'm very comfortable over there, and I've been shooting those shots, so I'm glad my teammates are finding me."

"I feel like his spirit, his mindset coming down here, him willingly finding space and finding 3s, that has been a paradigm shift. That has been an attitudinal change, a philosophical, internal decision that he has made, because I have just seen a player that is cocky and just playing and when the game says you should shoot because nobody is on you, he does, and he doesn't blink and his teammates love it and so does his head coach."

Simmons on PF

The grouping -- Shake Milton, Josh Richardson, Tobias Harris, Simmons and Joel Embiid -- had never played together in live competition before Friday's scrimmage. And although it only played together for a little less than 6 minutes, and it only was a scrimmage, the Sixers had every reason to be encouraged by what they saw.

In the 5 minutes, 33 seconds that group played together, Philadelphia outscored Memphis by four points. More importantly, though, Simmons looked very comfortable playing power forward. Simmons -- who finished with nine points, seven rebounds, nine assists and three steals in 22 minutes -- spent a lot of time operating at the elbow, catching the ball there and initiating the offense.

"I'm happy with it," Simmons said. "I can guard 1-5, I can play everywhere, but catching in those positions, I love those spots. I work on those spots, and my footwork there. I just got to keep working and taking what's given to us."

• Like 1

Just a scrimmage but they looked good when the starters and first rotation played.  Really put it on Memphis in the 1st half.  Even held on to the lead when they played the end of the bench and Memphis was still trotting out their starters.

Yeah there was some sloppy ball handling, etc...by both teams but it's the first game action in 4 months so it was to be expected.  Defense looked good in the first half.

• Like 1

I didnt see the game on TV here. From highlights I feel like we had an uninterested Embiid taking jumpers. But it does look like the rest of the team was looking pretty nice.

Lou Williams went to a strip club on an excused absence and now is likely to  miss time :lol:

• Like 1