**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, nipples said:

So much for Ben actually shooting the ball. Didn’t take a single jumper all game long. 

he really didnt take another one since the first scrimmage. It was all a farce. 

It sucks but they need to go back to the lineup with him at PG. Shake couldnt handle it and ben didnt really do anything any differently. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Can they fire Brown tonight?

Should have been fired before LAST season. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

richardson was invisible too.

he was. and he sucks. didnt live up to the hype when they got him back in the butler trade. he was supposed to be developing offensively. He has no offensive game at all.  Nothing is developing.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

richardson was invisible too.

Another sign of poor coaching. He has been noticeably worse in Philly than in Miami. Butler was better before Philly and then again after, despite hitting a few big shots late in games. Horford is old, but was much more effective even last year in Boston. Brown just does not get the most out of his players. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they played like jim lynam's beard. 

he looks hideous. 

49 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Yo you member sixer supposed to be elite definsive team and den let dis Warrens scrub drop fitty on dem. Damn smh

If we had Zhaire Smith's defense, things would be different. Lets keep drafting defensive projects. This is so much fun to watch.

We should give some credit to Embiid for his game tonight. over 40 and 20. Yeah he took like 5 3s, but on the rest of his shots, incredibly efficient and a really good night from the FT line too. He was on.

More than that, he had 3 blocks. Hes not always so active rim protecting anymore. And on top of that, he was skying for some of them getting up there like I dont think we have seen since his rookie season. He brought some effort tonight and did seem to be as good as hes been since year 1. Still not at that level of fitness and athleticism, but 2nd best hes ever been. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

So much for Ben actually shooting the ball. Didn’t take a single jumper all game long. 

This crap happens all the time. Videos get "leaked" of him draining threes in a scrimmage or practice and everyone gets excited. And then nothing when it actually matters in a game. 

7 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

This crap happens all the time. Videos get "leaked" of him draining threes in a scrimmage or practice and everyone gets excited. And then nothing when it actually matters in a game. 

It's actually part of the plan......he isn't going to shoot any until the playoffs THEN he is going to break it out catching everyone off guard on their way to a championship!  Just relax.....this is the plan! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

he really didnt take another one since the first scrimmage. It was all a farce. 

It sucks but they need to go back to the lineup with him at PG. Shake couldnt handle it and ben didnt really do anything any differently. 

So Barkley was right? 😋

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So Barkley was right? 😋

well, I dont think so because Ben is still not a PG and never will be. I think the problem is now they have no one else capable of playing it either. You went from Ben being a capable ball handler to Shake not being able to handle pressure and physicality, or scrub Neto. They may need to experiment with Tobias Harris handling the ball like Jimmy Butler used to. 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

he was. and he sucks. didnt live up to the hype when they got him back in the butler trade. he was supposed to be developing offensively. He has no offensive game at all.  Nothing is developing.

And the form on his shot is atrocious. 

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

And the form on his shot is atrocious. 

yeah he was supposed to at least stretch the floor and play good D. Supposedly he was improving his shot off the dribble and screens, but at the very least he should have been able to be a spot up shooter and play D. He isnt really any of that. D is pretty good but he just has 0 offensively. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We should give some credit to Embiid for his game tonight. over 40 and 20. Yeah he took like 5 3s, but on the rest of his shots, incredibly efficient and a really good night from the FT line too. He was on.

More than that, he had 3 blocks. Hes not always so active rim protecting anymore. And on top of that, he was skying for some of them getting up there like I dont think we have seen since his rookie season. He brought some effort tonight and did seem to be as good as hes been since year 1. Still not at that level of fitness and athleticism, but 2nd best hes ever been. 

Fine but what about the 3 or 4 of his "hiccups"? He took his eye off the ball and missed a 10 foot pass after it hit him in the hands and it went out of bounds.  He threw a soft and lazy pass in bounding the ball under our own basket for a turnover.  Another in bound under our basketball he had the ball ripped away from him by TJ for an easy lay up.  These things cannot happen.  If it happened once, you can be pissed and live with it.  3 of 4 times in the same game?  Tells me he is not nearly focused enough.

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

well, I dont think so because Ben is still not a PG and never will be. I think the problem is now they have no one else capable of playing it either. You went from Ben being a capable ball handler to Shake not being able to handle pressure and physicality, or scrub Neto. They may need to experiment with Tobias Harris handling the ball like Jimmy Butler used to. 

First, PG/SG/SF/PF/C are dead and have been for a few years. Brad Stevens said it best in that ball handler, wing, big man. 

Ben can be a ball handler in the right system, absolutely.  Unfortunately, he has a 7 foot back to the basket player on his team that is never in shape. 

They need to pick on asap and trade the other. If keep Ben, follow the Bucks route in that surround him with shooters and run a lot of iso. 

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Fine but what about the 3 or 4 of his "hiccups"? He took his eye off the ball and missed a 10 foot pass after it hit him in the hands and it went out of bounds.  He threw a soft and lazy pass in bounding the ball under our own basket for a turnover.  Another in bound under our basketball he had the ball ripped away from him by TJ for an easy lay up.  These things cannot happen.  If it happened once, you can be pissed and live with it.  3 of 4 times in the same game?  Tells me he is not nearly focused enough.

yeah. I dont know if thats laziness. or low IQ not understanding angles and stuff. Its maddening to see him throw a pass that an 8th grader would know isnt going to make it to his man because the defender is too close and waiting for him to make that mistake. 

I just said we can credit him for his physical condition and effort since those things are always in question with him. I didnt say he didnt make any mistakes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

First, PG/SG/SF/PF/C are dead and have been for a few years. Brad Stevens said it best in that ball handler, wing, big man. 

Ben can be a ball handler in the right system, absolutely.  Unfortunately, he has a 7 foot back to the basket player on his team that is never in shape. 

They need to pick on asap and trade the other. If keep Ben, follow the Bucks route in that surround him with shooters and run a lot of iso. 

I know you say that over and over, but everyone from the coach, to media is still referring to him as PG and making the switch to PF.  It doesnt matter if someone says PG and you say ball handler, we know what is meant either way.

Ben cant be a ball handler. He can start the break with an outlet pass, or even run the break most of the time but when he crosses half court he should not handle the ball at all in any offense. He sucks at it there. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. I dont know if thats laziness. or low IQ not understanding angles and stuff. Its maddening to see him throw a pass that an 8th grader would know isnt going to make it to his man because the defender is too close and waiting for him to make that mistake. 

I just said we can credit him for his physical condition and effort since those things are always in question with him. I didnt say he didnt make any mistakes. 

Agreed.  And it was only one game but he seemed to react much better the few times the double team came.  He didn't hold the ball too long or turn it over.  

Once again, Brett Brown lost us the game.  Neto was in for 20 minutes for whatever reason and he did not even attempt to come up with a defensive game plan for Warren when it was clear he was going to be Michael Jordan from the start of the game.

Yeah I noticed that with the Embiid doubles too. There was one time near the end of the game where he posted and dribbled and turned in to a triple team and turned it over, but otherwise throughout the game he took less dribbles and got rid of it or made his move to the basket at the right time. He was really, really improved last night over anything we have seen from him in a long time.

The Neto thing seemed to be out of desperation. Embiid was upset at Shake's play and they had really no other PG options. A massive failure of Brand this offseason, and throughout the season to never acquire one.

But Brett should be fired before next game. All of the hype about Ben moving to PF, and Ben shooting now, a new starting lineup with Shake inserted to PG where he was shooting like 60% from 3 in those games where he filled in for Simmons. It took less than 1 "regular season" game to see that it was all for nothing. Team still sucks with no offensive system and no identity. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I know you say that over and over, but everyone from the coach, to media is still referring to him as PG and making the switch to PF.  It doesnt matter if someone says PG and you say ball handler, we know what is meant either way.

Ben cant be a ball handler. He can start the break with an outlet pass, or even run the break most of the time but when he crosses half court he should not handle the ball at all in any offense. He sucks at it there. 

Media does it to dumb down it for the average fan. 

He also can't be a big man in this offense with Embiid.

Trade one or this will never go anywhere 

• Like 1

shake got owned by tj. i wonder if he lost his starting job in the process. 

this team just does not have anyone who can consistently create his own shot...that's usually a backcourt guy...and that's what wins in today's nba.  and brett needs to go.  the best thing for them long term might be for them to look awful & get blown out of the playoffs in the first round. otherwise, they'll be tempted to come back with the same dreck next season.