**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

To be honest this all could still work if Ben would just Fing shoot period end of story. Just shoot and you may suck for a year like Giannis did but this year he now has the respect of the D to guard him at the 3 point line. 

Everyone misses, stephen curry misses. Ben is not a great shooter, but like you said, he does not have to be. I have always felt that his resistance to shooting stems from his concern about his image. He likes to portray this image of an exceptional talent player with no flaws, and hitting a few bricks would take away from that. It feels like his ego and "brand" really play a large role in many of the decisions he makes on and off the court (this is not uncommon among athletes, so I get it to an extent.)

He has always argued that he has never needed a shot. Most of the time he is right (especially when surrounded by shooters). Actually the truth is HE really doesn't need a rangy jump shot, but the TEAM does need it at times. That should be the end of story, this is a team sport

On 7/15/2020 at 5:38 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Ive always thought he should be a 4. 

And hes always sucked as a PG. As long as they were obstinately believing he was going to be a great PG we would never go anywhere with him. 

Now that theyre realizing he is not a PG and learning his value at the 4, hes become a hell of a lot more useful.

That, along with Embiid's inability to stay in shape, and unwillingness to play in the post is why Id trade Embiid rather than Simmons at this point. 

Simmons lacks a love for basketball and has no internal motivation. He is selfish in his unwillingness to adapt his game. He makes things worse on offense for everyone by killing the spacing with his refusal to even attempt an occasional jump shot. Hes begun to prove some worth with his all world defensive ability, and with Brett finally figuring out to play him more in the front court. But for those other reasons, I wouldnt be mad if they traded him too.

Oh boy, Charles Barkley just said he hates Ben at the 4 because you are taking away his advantages as a defender against guards and mismatches on offense. 

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh boy, Charles Barkley just said he hates Ben at the 4 because you are taking away his advantages as a defender against guards and mismatches on offense. 

Silly. He can guard anyone and still presents a mismatch on offense.  No other 4s can move like him.  

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Silly. He can guard anyone and still presents a mismatch on offense.  No other 4s can move like him.  

Charles continued to say for that reason he is off the 6ers bandwagon. Shaq and Kenny didn't say anything just basically laughed at him lol

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Charles continued to say for that reason he is off the 6ers bandwagon. Shaq and Kenny didn't say anything just basically laughed at him lol

yeah... I figured Brett Brown was the last person in america to realize ben shouldnt be playing PG. Love Barkley and Shaq and theyve been spot on in criticism on the team in the recent past, but thats sad that Barkley cant see it yet. Hardly anyone argues for ben as a PG anymore. You really have to be unthinkably dense to still be on that bandwagon.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah... I figured Brett Brown was the last person in america to realize ben shouldnt be playing PG. Love Barkley and Shaq and theyve been spot on in criticism on the team in the recent past, but thats sad that Barkley cant see it yet. Hardly anyone argues for ben as a PG anymore. You really have to be unthinkably dense to still be on that bandwagon.

They were making all kinds of crazy predictions. They said this won't be like a normal nba playoffs and they think a lot of good teams are going to get knocked out. They said this will be like a AAU tournament and a lot of guys won't get hyped up for it. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They were making all kinds of crazy predictions. They said this won't be like a normal nba playoffs and they think a lot of good teams are going to get knocked out. They said this will be like a AAU tournament and a lot of guys won't get hyped up for it. 

I would think differently. Once the game start, competition should get them in to it. 

Might not totally feel like a full season would feel but at the end of this someone still brings home the trophy, gets the rings and all that. 

Theyre all fresh. Feeling good. The lesser teams likely recognize the opportunity in front of them. I think theyll play hard.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I would think differently. Once the game start, competition should get them in to it. 

Might not totally feel like a full season would feel but at the end of this someone still brings home the trophy, gets the rings and all that. 

Theyre all fresh. Feeling good. The lesser teams likely recognize the opportunity in front of them. I think theyll play hard.

It will be interesting and a different feel for them. They kept calling it a ball room lol. They said there is no after game locker room speeches, no going out celebrating and no home crowd . They said they are going from their hotel room to the ball room playing basketball then going straight back to their hotel rooms. They all seemed to be in agreement on that and that's why they think some of the lesser teams might have a chance on the superior teams. 

With our new line-up will opposing teams be putting their 4 on Ben on defensive side? In truth I am not sure that is any better e.g., someone like A.D. and other 4's will still lag off of Ben. Does Ben have the strength and moves to work the post?

3 hours ago, West_Philly said:

With our new line-up will opposing teams be putting their 4 on Ben on defensive side? In truth I am not sure that is any better e.g., someone like A.D. and other 4's will still lag off of Ben. Does Ben have the strength and moves to work the post?

Teams aren't going to say ohhhhh Ben now at the "4" I have to put a "4" in him. I would still put a ball handler with length on him and make him beat me in the post. 

50 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Teams aren't going to say ohhhhh Ben now at the "4" I have to put a "4" in him. I would still put a ball handler with length on him and make him beat me in the post. 

This is what I was wondering, as such we have a PG that can shoot now at the point, but it appears Ben still does not fit in the offense

30 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

This is what I was wondering, as such we have a PG that can shoot now at the point, but it appears Ben still does not fit in the offense

Ben has played his best every time theyve used him more at the 4 and dunker spot. Ever since Brett started using Butler at PG and kicking Ben down to the front court.

The absolute ideal way to use him is let him grab rebounds and use his outlet passing skills. He can lead the break with the ball too. But in the half court, you want him sneaking back doors, slashing off screens and using his touch around the basket in the post. Thats perfect for the PF spot. And for shooting, its gonna be far easier to develop a little mid range game than becoming a 3 point sniper. Its the best way to maximize his potential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ben has played his best every time theyve used him more at the 4 and dunker spot. Ever since Brett started using Butler at PG and kicking Ben down to the front court.

The absolute ideal way to use him is let him grab rebounds and use his outlet passing skills. He can lead the break with the ball too. But in the half court, you want him sneaking back doors, slashing off screens and using his touch around the basket in the post. Thats perfect for the PF spot. And for shooting, its gonna be far easier to develop a little mid range game than becoming a 3 point sniper. Its the best way to maximize his potential. 

^^ Sounds good to me

The Sixers are set to play three scrimmages:

July 24 Fri, 3:30 p.m. — Grizzlies
July 26 Sun, 12 p.m. — Thunder
July 28 Tue, 8:30 p.m. — Mavericks

Below is the Sixers’ schedule for the final eight games:

Aug. 1 Sat, 7 p.m.: Indiana
Aug. 3 Mon, 8 p.m.: San Antonio
Aug. 5 Wed, 4 p.m.: Washington
Aug. 7 Fri, 6:30 p.m.: Orlando
Aug. 9 Sun, 6:30 p.m.: Portland
Aug. 11 Tue, 4:30 p.m.: Phoenix
Aug. 12 Wed, 6:30 p.m.: Toronto 
Aug. 14, Fri: Houston 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Plagiarism is the most sincerest form of flattery.  You can quote me man.  It’s ok.  I don’t bite.  

sorry. I was saying it way before you when youd think I was an idiot for bashing Simmons. Nice try. 

meh... cant be proven anyway with the old board gone but probably all the regulars in here will remember how you never really said that, and how many times I said it for the past 3 years so its ok. Not that anyone else cares who was first, but at least you know you cant really steal credit for my smarts. 

well, then dont go acting like I need to cite you as a source for something Ive been posting for years before you finally got it. everyone knows you werent first on the idea. Now grow up and stop trying to call first. Youre 3 years too slow and no one else cares. 

scared to quote you... what a weird thing to think...

So the other day you figured out that some movies might be delayed because of COVID. 

Now you figured out Ben shouldnt be playing PG. 

Any other late breaking news to share with everyone who already knows?

:roll: scared to quote.

Maybe a different thread.  You never said that about Ben.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

With networks.

Sat, Aug 1 7:00 PM    
Mon, Aug 3 8:00 PM    
Wed, Aug 5 4:00 PM
NBATV

Fri, Aug 7 6:30 PM
TNT

Sun, Aug 9 6:30 PM
NBATV

Tue, Aug 11 4:30 PM    
Wed, Aug 12 6:30 PM

espn-red@2x.png

Fri, Aug 14 TBD

i'm hoping they're also on nbc sports philly. 

It should be Ben and Joel in the pick and roll every single possession in the final five minutes, but since they cater to Ben and don't make him shoot they do this.