**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He played 13 minutes.  How ridiculous. 

If if if if if if if if if if if....

Ben starts to shoot, trade Embiid after next season.

Seemed like they played super fast without Embiid. Looked pretty good from what you can see on this video.

Didnt see any Simmons 3s.

Its not looking good for us getting the OKC pick. They look way in over their heads. 

Brett Brown did not sound very optimistic about this "minor" calf injury for Embiid.  I'll remain optimistic.  

28 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Brett Brown did not sound very optimistic about this "minor" calf injury for Embiid.  I'll remain optimistic.  

Honestly if the sixers get the 4/5 seed they beat Miami and face the bucks in round two. However if they manage to stay the 6 seed they face Boston (whom they have had success against this year) and not face the bucks til the ECF if they make it past likely Toronto. Which might benefit the sixers being in Orlando cause we struggle in Toronto. 

21 hours ago, Khani1 said:

No Joel today.  He hurt his calf sitting on the bench the second half of last game.

Being a sharp shooter and running from 3 point line to 3 point line, puts a strain on ones calf.   

It'll take time.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mat said:

This team is cursed

Teams that rely heavily on two soft immature "stars" to lead them, will set themselves up for disappointment.  If that's a "curse"....then so be it.  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Teams that rely heavily on two soft immature "stars" to lead them, will set themselves up for disappointment.  If that's a "curse"....then so be it.  

You bring the curse on yourself when you draft guys with injury concerns from the start

embiid played great d in the first exhibition game, for those who didn't watch...altered a bunch of shots. huge difference between when jo is on the court & when they have al in the middle with teams taking the ball to the hoop every time. hopefully they're just being cautious with the calf. 

tbs, they've looked really good when the starters & key backups are on the court.  yeah, the bench bums who wont' be in the playoff rotation have blown leads...but that's meaningless. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 12:04 AM, Mat said:

Lou Williams went to a strip club on an excused absence and now is likely to  miss time :lol:

lou will, keep doing you dont ever change. I have heard those wings are dope though...

Also, thoughts on the Thunder game:

I really like what Norvel Pelle offers from an athletic standpoint, but it is painful watching him sometimes. He leaves a lot to be desired in regards to aggressiveness and body positioning in the paint. We need Embiid to be ready

pelle mostly stinks...but he'll give you some highlight blocks that are fun as hell to watch. 

James wonders why he still gets hate. You really had to bring a throne to Orlando, I mean really 

I STAND CORRECTED a hotel chair 

MVIMG_20200728_184904.jpg

IMG_20200728_200614_776.jpg

15 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Joel out again.  Fun!

out for Saturday? Or is there another scrimmage? I thougth there would be only 2 scrimmages. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

out for Saturday? Or is there another scrimmage? I thougth there would be only 2 scrimmages. 

They play at 8:30 tonight against Dallas.

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

James wonders why he still gets hate. You really had to bring a throne to Orlando, I mean really 

I STAND CORRECTED a hotel chair 

MVIMG_20200728_184904.jpg

IMG_20200728_200614_776.jpg

He’s a major doooooosh.  That’s why he gets hate.   

That might just be a regular chair at some whimsical Disney resort :lol:

But hate away anyway.  

I will.  Chair has nothing to do with it.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah he's a poopy pants.

In 6ers news,  Embiid is expected for Saturday's game against the Pacers.