**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I wonder about Covington and Harry Giles (after 2/5 trade eligible)

For Danny Green and a 2nd or two. 

Cap relief for Portland without having to give up one of their 2 star back court players. And, its almost replacing Covington's entire skillset for the immediate term if they really think they can try to contend this season. 

We would still have Ben... but Green/Covington swap improves the lineup. 

Giles isnt a shooter. May be a better player than Scott. But if he just isnt working due to spacing, its a small expiring deal that can be bought out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Dont really agree with whats written in the tweet. No one forced ben to pick up his dribble. The stop dribble and jump pass is what he does. They doubled him below the FT line and anticipated his jump pass kickout. Its no one's fault but Bens that he has no handle to navigate this situation better. 

Keep the dribble alive, shuffle back to create space, drive if it opens up, or find a place to swing it. Dont just jump and hope someone is there. 

Also, I said when we signed Dwight that this was going to be a bad pairing on the court. As you try to stagger Joel and Ben's time to minimize their time on the court together, its going to lead to more Ben and Howard together, which is even worse. 2 guys who cant from outside of arms reach of the rim. 

Dwight is a nice backup center. Ben has got to go. 

The book was out on Simmons last year when Lebron made a complete ass out of him by not even playing him at all . The guy gets flat out disrespected and he still does nothing about it. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Timely. I think we were pretty certain to be losing again tonight. 

Considering they didn’t have enough players available - yeah, that probably would have been a loss.  Lol

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Back to back roadie tonight with no embiid...

Probably losing

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Considering they didn’t have enough players available - yeah, that probably would have been a loss.  Lol

I wonder if trae young is attainable for Ben and a future 1? Fox and trae young look very appealing.

When is the NBA going to pause the season and out them in the bubble?

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Damn, that's kind of harsh....I mean I can see putting them in a bubble to play basketball....but putting them in there to out them?  I think that's a choice they should make when they are ready?

10 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

I wonder if trae young is attainable for Ben and a future 1? Fox and trae young look very appealing.

no way atl or sac would trade them for ben. 

10 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Hawks built an roster around him,why would they trade him. 

Not to mention, Young can't guard a wet paperbag and is a worse version of Harden on the offensive end. Collins already called him out this year for playing selfish. 

56 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not to mention, Young can't guard a wet paperbag and is a worse version of Harden on the offensive end. Collins already called him out this year for playing selfish. 

Sounds like the type of player that might become available in a trade. 

I'm not sure how you match salary in a Ben for Young trade though. At work now... without looking at a trade simulator,   Atlanta is full of young talent.  It would likely take a bunch of players added in on cheap contracts to eventually match salary.  And they're the kind of players Atlanta won't just view as throw ins.

I think they'd be a tough trade partner for us.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sounds like the type of player that might become available in a trade. 

I'm not sure how you match salary in a Ben for Young trade though. At work now... without looking at a trade simulator,   Atlanta is full of young talent.  It would likely take a bunch of players added in on cheap contracts to eventually match salary.  And they're the kind of players Atlanta won't just view as throw ins.

I think they'd be a tough trade partner for us.

Young isn't going anywhere. That is silly to even ponder. The team basically traded Luka for him, and have bought in guys around him to fit his style of play. Reddish/Hunter as 3 and D guys, Huerter/Bogdanović as the slasher/shooter, Rondo/Danio as vets, Capela to be defensive stopper and pick and roll guy. Collins is the odd man out and probably will be traded since he turned down an extension for the max. 

Also, Young is literally one of the worst defender in the league. People think Harden is selfish, ball hog, doesn't play defense. Well Young is worse. Shot 32% from 3 his rookie year, 36% last year, and 26.5% this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You basically just said it. He is the opposite of ben. Offense and no defense with issues with the coach.

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Kid has had issues since he was a kid and guessing it equates back to his Dad being killed when he was five. He is uber talented but not at all worth the headache 

In August of 2020, he was accused of punching a woman in the face. In November of 2020, he was arrested following a one-car crash and had a loaded handgun in the vehicle. Despite the pair of off-court incidents over the offseason, Porter came back to the Cavs' facility on Dec.  7, going through individual workouts with Bickerstaff with assistant coaches Sam Jones and Josh Estes. Porter even participated in a full-team practice on Dec. 10.

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The players hated the bubble. I think they would have a hard time convincing them to do it again. 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The players hated the bubble. I think they would have a hard time convincing them to do it again. 

Well.  They need to figure the ish out then.  Cause it’s getting ridiculous.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

This is pretty good

Re: Jerami Grant: Man could Hinkie really did find some solid pros in the 2nd round/undrafted FA's.... Covington, Grant, Woods, Holmes, McConnell

Speaking of Woods.... I saw this recently:

Why I talked about not looking for a guard, but a wing who can create his own shot. Maxey and Shake are LONG and can guard those two spots. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Why I talked about not looking for a guard, but a wing who can create his own shot. Maxey and Shake are LONG and can guard those two spots. 

If kyrie and shamet was on the table for ben, what else could brooklyn add to make it appealing? Kyrie to me just always seemed to have a philly mind set.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

If kyrie and shamet was on the table for ben, what else could brooklyn add to make it appealing? Kyrie to me just always seemed to have a philly mind set.

Kyrie isn't playing right now because he doesn't want to, no other reason. He is crazy