**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

He was part of that trade with Kennard few months ago. Nets probably thought they were getting a shooter and dude just stinks, 28% from 

Raptors have 3rd hardest schedule and Magic 1st. Might be two teams looking to rebuild and get rid of some of their bigger contracts

43 minutes ago, Mat said:

Alaa said multiple times that Grant had been working with an ex Sixers shooting coach to transform his shot. I'm not sure if it's the same guy that TJ was working with to add the serviceable 3 point shot but the guy has put in the work and has become a really good player.

We have been complaining that the 6'ers broke Fultz shooting action and that Ben hadn't improved when in reality one had his uncle rework and break his mechanic and the other is using his brother to tell him how good he is and he doesn't need a jumper. Grant is proof that they had the right development guys there and it's the work ethic and entitlement of the early draft picks which hasn't seen them live up to their potential. 

It also would have been nice to see how a team would look right now of guys they let walk or traded away. Grant, Wood, TJ, RoCo, Dario, Holmes and Shamet are a few. 

Ben gets all of his shooting advice from tik tok 

• Haha 3

I'm tired of talking about when Ben is going to be good. It's the guys 5th year. 

Ben is going to 45 years old, posting single triple stat lines, and still on a max contract and fans will still be like, "he's only a jump shot away from being the best player in the league!!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mat said:

Without fact checking this, I feel all Ben's big scoring games have come against cellar dwellers. The Knicks/Cavs of the world when they were bad.

When he comes up against better competition with better coaching, they're able to negate his strengths and force him out of the paint. Those bad teams will let him play his game and he looks like an All-Star. So he looks like he has really great point totals over X amount of weeks when in reality he has played against a bunch of crap teams and scored against them and still struggles against playoff calibre opposition.

4 hours ago, Mat said:

To follow up on my last post, I'm trying to think of the last playoff game Simmons really took over. Maybe the Heat when Jo was injured and he had that massive game after laying an egg the previous one? I think it might have been a triple double and then he came up against the Celtics next who layed out the blueprint on how to stop him

I reference this video a lot. Simmons vs the Nets 2019 playoffs without Embiid. He dominated. If you can go back and watch the whole game somehow, this is him at his peak. He was fantastic. Absolutely should've been traded after this at first opportunity to sell that team on what he's capable of as "the guy." That's unfortunately what his legacy here is shaping up to be - the guy we should've unloaded twice for superstars (Kawhi, Harden) but stood pat instead banking on the potential that never came. 

1 hour ago, mayanh8 said:

Ben is going to 45 years old, posting single triple stat lines, and still on a max contract and fans will still be like, "he's only a jump shot away from being the best player in the league!!"

Part of me legitimately believes that Ben only cares about the triple double and in his mind why does he need to shot, he just got the coveted triple double. 

I dont know if I am understanding this right. There is talk of Love traded to Brooklyn, but if he is healthy they would buy him out and he will be a free agent?

He will get playing time with the Nets. They have ZERO depth and playing the big 3 way too many minutes right now. 

Last night vs the Heat Kyrie played 40, KD 38, and Harden 34

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He will get playing time with the Nets. They have ZERO depth and playing the big 3 way too many minutes right now. 

Last night vs the Heat Kyrie played 40, KD 38, and Harden 34

Isn't it saying Brooklyn would buy love out though?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

They definitely mean Cavs and would for sure save them money in the long term. They owe him 31 and 28 the next two years 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They definitely mean Cavs and would for sure save them money in the long term. They owe him 31 and 28 the next two years 

Oh OK.  So they're talking Cavs buyout and sign with Nets.

Makes some sense then. 

Redick and Ball are available for trade.

Cant really imagine anything that makes sense when it comes to matching those salaries.

JJ is only shooting 30% from 3 this season. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Redick and Ball are available for trade.

Cant really imagine anything that makes sense when it comes to matching those salaries.

JJ is only shooting 30% from 3 this season. 

I'll use Mike Scott and that 8 million AL Horford trade expectation to get a legit piece. Not sure it's JJ at 36, dude never forgot how to shoot, but use it to get a piece for a few years and not a rental. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'll use Mike Scott and that 8 million AL Horford trade expectation to get a legit piece. Not sure it's JJ at 36, dude never forgot how to shoot, but use it to get a piece for a few years and not a rental. 

at JJs salary, and current shooting performance I wonder if he can be a buyout candidate to take a chance on. I dont know who would trade a matching salary for a 37 year old shooter who isnt shooting well at all. 

For legit pieces with those assets, Id like to see Hield, or Terrence Ross kicking Green to the bench and kicking Kork out of the rotation.

JJ is a career 40% shooter and the league still knows that. A guy of his quality, you never lose that stroke. 

I saw Rivers is making 3 million next 3 years and maybe Knicks want to shed a bit of salary. Heavily protected 1st/Terrance Ferguson for Rivers? 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Oh OK.  So they're talking Cavs buyout and sign with Nets.

Makes some sense then. 

Cavs buy out Love and Nets sign him as a FA. That's how I interpreted it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

at JJs salary, and current shooting performance I wonder if he can be a buyout candidate to take a chance on. I dont know who would trade a matching salary for a 37 year old shooter who isnt shooting well at all. 

For legit pieces with those assets, Id like to see Hield, or Terrence Ross kicking Green to the bench and kicking Kork out of the rotation.

If you are keeping Ben then shooters are a priority over slashers. I don't know where you get matching money for Heidl 

Just a fansided idea.  Nothing out there concrete to discuss right now. 

TIMBERWOLVES GET
BEN SIMMONS
MIKE SCOTT
TERRANCE FERGUSON

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2F76ers.png
76ERS GET
MALIK BEASLEY
RICKY RUBIO
ANTHONY EDWARDS, JOSH OKOGIE
2023 1ST ROUND PICK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

TIMBERWOLVES GET
BEN SIMMONS
MIKE SCOTT
TERRANCE FERGUSON

76ERS GET
MALIK BEASLEY
RICKY RUBIO
2023 1ST ROUND PICK

I love it.

9 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

TIMBERWOLVES GET
BEN SIMMONS
MIKE SCOTT
TERRANCE FERGUSON

76ERS GET
MALIK BEASLEY
RICKY RUBIO
2023 1ST ROUND PICK

I thought you wanted shooters

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I thought you wanted shooters

I didn't come up with this trade. But Beasley is a great shooter.

Rubio is an upgrade as a true PG over Ben.

Okogie is an excellent defender.

Edwards is a guy who can create his own shot.

And a pick. 

Good mix of skillets and young assets.

Sent my buddy that trade weeks ago, but was Vanderbilt instead of Rubio. Have liked Malik since his Nugget years. 

The team now has a glutton of 6'4" guards or small wings and not sure minutes to go around 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sent my buddy that trade weeks ago, but was Vanderbilt instead of Rubio. Have liked Malik since his Nugget years. 

The team now has a glutton of 6'4" guards or small wings and not sure minutes to go around 

We will be just fine.

1 minute ago, Right4thePicking said:

We will be just fine.

Trade away Scott and Harris gets hurt then what?