**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Thybulle. A 2nd round, 2nd year bench player who had to work his way back in to the rotation under the new coach is in no position to make a stink about being traded. Are you really Fing serious? :roll:

...and you're sure it was thybulle how?

ohhhhhh... right.  the "source close to the situation".

players from thybulle, maxey, milton and others were named from various sources.

again, it takes much more work to believe a ben simmons trade was going to happen, than to just believe when basically the franchise say they are going to keep him.

i choose the simplest answer.

but then again, it proves my point..  because there was no stink from anywhere.  there was probably no trade to begin with.  just something the rockets sent out to fleece the nets some more.

morey did not need to shoot down the rumors, cause again..  he shot them down at the very beginning.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

:roll:

:facepalm:

if that's all you got, no more need to talk to you.

you choose to believe "sources close to the situation".

i choose to believe the gm, coach, players, et. all.  every time i tune into the team, they are raving about ben simmons.  every time i listen to talking heads, they are raving about ben simmons (maybe not always offensively).  to me, this is much more concrete evidence as to why morey chose to / is choosing to keep him.  again, morey COULD trade ben..  but i will raise my eyebrows if it ever happens.

neither take really makes one person have more "knowledge" than another.

but please, get off your high horse.  it's not a good look, no matter what a person thinks, or how much you disagree with them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

if that's all you got, no more need to talk to you.

you choose to believe "sources close to the situation".

i choose to believe the gm, coach, players, et. all.  every time i tune into the team, they are raving about ben simmons.  every time i listen to talking heads, they are raving about ben simmons (maybe not always offensively).  to me, this is much more concrete evidence as to why morey chose to / is choosing to keep him.  again, morey COULD trade ben..  but i will raise my eyebrows if it ever happens.

neither take really makes one person have more "knowledge" than another.

but please, get off your high horse.  it's not a good look, no matter what a person thinks, or how much you disagree with them.

there are probably hours worth of videos of "talking heads" that express their frustration with Simmons offensive game. 

After all the states I presented, the only thing you cling to is coach-speak and cherry picked "Talking heads"

Youre only going to listen to what you want to hear. 

What shape is the earth?

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

there are probably hours worth of videos of "talking heads" that express their frustration with Simmons offensive game. 

After all the states I presented, the only thing you cling to is coach-speak and cherry picked "Talking heads"

Youre only going to listen to what you want to hear. 

What shape is the earth?

really bro?  still going?  i told you, at some point it shouldn't be "coach/gm speak" anymore -- at least for the foreseeable future.  especially when the franchise says what they say about simmons.  is it really THAT hard for you to believe they want to keep him?  do you want him gone that much?

look imma let you get the last word in, cause that's what you seem to really want, and if it'll make you feel better and that you "won".  i won't respond to this cause i'm tired of talking up to a dude on a high horse.  have fun arguing with yourself going forward.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

really bro?  still going?  i told you, at some point it shouldn't be "coach/gm speak" anymore -- at least for the foreseeable future.  especially when the franchise says what they say about simmons.  is it really THAT hard for you to believe they want to keep him?  do you want him gone that much?

look imma let you get the last word in, cause that's what you seem to really want, and if it'll make you feel better and that you "won".  i won't respond to this cause i'm tired of talking up to a dude on a high horse.  have fun arguing with yourself going forward.

and the earth? what shape is it?

anyone looking for a pretty "entertaining" breakdown of the detroit game:

had my reservations when the vid first started, but the dude throws some good explanations.  very nice to see what the sixers are doing in the half court under doc.  hope they continue it.  guy also does a good job pointing out weaknesses we may have.  not surprisingly, i like his simmons take about 6:19 into the vid. :lol:

prob a little late for this take (but we're still winning, so...) but the similarities are haunting:

image.png.f929ab999aad59c944779ed8311a2f31.png

hoping our tbd's ends the same as how the warriors ended that season... :ph34r:

keep it up joel & ben! :flex:

...wait ben? 😲 i thought he was afraid of going to the free throw line. 🤪:lol:

1 hour ago, JayEcho said:

prob a little late for this take (but we're still winning, so...) but the similarities are haunting:

image.png.f929ab999aad59c944779ed8311a2f31.png

hoping our tbd's ends the same as how the warriors ended that season... :ph34r:

Extremely early.  GS didn’t have a mental midget playing pg, who’s afraid to shoot and can’t be bothered to play hard when he doesn’t fell like it.  Also, GS best player wasn’t a flopping injury prone 7 footer.  But both teams play basketball, so I can see some similarities.   

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Extremely early.  GS didn’t have a mental midget playing pg, who’s afraid to shoot and can’t be bothered to play hard when he doesn’t fit his vibe.   Also, GS best player wasn’t a flopping injury prone 7 footer.  But both teams play basketball, so I can see some similarities.   

i respect your view..  but i guess you only like watch past sixers games based on your response.  part of joel's injury history was because he did not take care of his body.  he is in way better shape this year and is playing in more games.  for the people that like stats he's played in 14/17 games so far...  so he's HARDLY missing a lot of games (**crosses fingers**).  the thought was he'd be rested against detroit after playing 2 brutal games against the celtics AND detroit being a b2b game..  and not like 9 minutes played.  he played a good chunk.  as far as the mental midget playing pg which is afraid to shoot.  he looked pretty good the past couple of games and was credited by embiid himself as the reason for the two celtic's wins:

don't think it's any stretch to say ben was also reason for the win against detroit too.  so i'll hold my reservations.

but hey you win a prize for knowing both the warriors and sixers play basketball, so there's that. 👍

4 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

i respect your view..  but i guess you only like watch past sixers games based on your response.  part of joel's injury history was because he did not take care of his body.  he is in way better shape this year and is playing in more games.  for the people that like stats he's played in 14/17 games so far...  so he's HARDLY missing a lot of games (**crosses fingers**).  the thought was he'd be rested against detroit after playing 2 brutal games against the celtics AND detroit being a b2b game..  and not like 9 minutes played.  he played a good chunk.  as far as the mental midget playing pg which is afraid to shoot.  he looked pretty good the past couple of games and was credited by embiid himself as the reason for the two celtic's wins:

don't think it's any stretch to say ben was also reason for the win against detroit too.  so i'll hold my reservations.

but hey you win a prize for knowing both the warriors and sixers play basketball, so there's that. 👍

Teams with oft injured 7 footers as their best player do not win NBA titles anymore.  And yes,  Embiid has been great this year but he is an injury waiting to happen.  Ben is afraid to do what is necessary to be great or win.  Driving the lane in the 4th quarter in an early season game doesn’t make him a great player. Especially after he turtled the first 3 quarters.  The guy refuses to improve.  Both "stars” are flawed.   But Ben is a waste of floor space all too often.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Teams with oft injured 7 footers as their best player do not win NBA titles anymore.  And yes,  Embiid has been great this year but he is an injury waiting to happen.  Ben is afraid to do what is necessary to be great or win.  Driving the lane in the 4th quarter in an early season game doesn’t make him a great player. Especially after he turtled the first 3 quarters.  The guy refuses to improve.  Both "stars” are flawed.   But Ben is a waste of floor space all too often.   

look, i don't care what the brett brown sixers were like...  i care about what the DOC RIVERS sixers are like.  you keep bringing up past sixers tropes and stigmas...  and while yes, i watched those games too...  this year's sixers team is different.  if i want to be miserable, i'll go on youtube and watch games from last year.

trends are looking good for this sixers team and that's what i'm going to pay attention to.  i had my reservations, but if you watch the vid below:

it shows what this year's sixers are doing and why they are different than last year.

or you can not watch the video, continue spouting prior sixers' stigmas at me, and i'll continue to :rolleyes:.

now please, go find some more teams you can tell me about that play basketball.

Saw a post somewhere saying Grant had X amount of games in a row with 25 points or more until he met Simmons.

Well... here is the actual breakdown of how he was defended throughout the game. 

FB_IMG_1611548054151.jpg

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Saw a post somewhere saying Grant had X amount of games in a row with 25 points or more until he met Simmons.

Well... here is the actual breakdown of how he was defended throughout the game. 

FB_IMG_1611548054151.jpg

i think you can only play who the coach puts you on or who is in front of you...  so i ain't gonna fault grant if he decided NOT to go up against simmons personally.  i think the goal is to find the "easier" matchups so you can score "easier".

but simmons did have a 20pt/3stl/7asst/9reb game against detroit, so all things considering..  that's pretty good. 👍

edit:

and if grant could not score on the "easier" matchups, i like how our defense is forming. :flex:

12 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Don't think Sexton is attainable.

What I'm really saying is kyle lowry shouldn't come out of anybody's mouth.

4 hours ago, JayEcho said:

look, i don't care what the brett brown sixers were like...  i care about what the DOC RIVERS sixers are like.  you keep bringing up past sixers tropes and stigmas...  and while yes, i watched those games too...  this year's sixers team is different.  if i want to be miserable, i'll go on youtube and watch games from last year.

trends are looking good for this sixers team and that's what i'm going to pay attention to.  i had my reservations, but if you watch the vid below:

it shows what this year's sixers are doing and why they are different than last year.

or you can not watch the video, continue spouting prior sixers' stigmas at me, and i'll continue to :rolleyes:.

Awww.   I think it’s cute.  Ben Simmons is afraid to shoot the basketball.  On Brett Brown’s team, Doc Rivers team or Red Auerbach’s team.  He’s afraid to shoot.  Period.  Until that changes, he will not be a great player.  He needs to be moved for a real guard who is willing to shoot.  But enjoy the regular season wins against teams like Detroit.  I’ll watch the video later when I am really awake because I wanna see it.  I want to believe, like you.  I mean that’s why I watch Christmas movies in December.   I wanna believe like I am a still 5 years old.  Yeah.  It’s exactly like that.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Awww.   I think it’s cute.  Ben Simmons is afraid to shoot the basketball.  On Brett Brown’s team, Doc Rivers team or Red Auerbach’s team.  He’s afraid to shoot.  Period.  Until that changes, he will not be a great player.  He needs to be moved for a real guard who is willing to shoot.  But enjoy the regular season wins against teams like Detroit.  I’ll watch the video later when I am really awake because I wanna see it.  I want to believe, like you.  I mean that’s why I watch Christmas movies in December.   I wanna believe like I am a still 5 years old.  Yeah.  It’s exactly like that.   

i can respect your opinion.  everyone has one.  i enjoy when the sixers are winning and enjoy it more if ben's "showing out" (define that how you want).  i always want ALL the sixers doing well.  it was somewhere else where i stated at the start of the season i wanted tobi doing well, either to increase his trade value or value to the team as a member.  wasn't too long ago some of the talk was about figuring out how to move him after how he looked last season.  now?  tobi is a key piece and i (we?) actually don't mind his contract any more (well, at least not as much).  tobi is just ONE welcome positive change we've had from switching things from brett brown.  i want that for simmons too.  if doc can finally "unlock" him, would it not be better for the team?  whether he's moved (increased value) or like tobi -- become another key piece.

and i don't think that's fair to doc or red to put brett in their space as far as coaches go.  brett as a person..  awesome.  as a coach?  didn't he makes us want to smash our heads sometimes?  we made the switch to doc for a reason.  to get more out of our players.  he's done it so far with tobi..  definitely with with embiid..  and while simmons started rough/slow, he's had a good past couple of games.  i hope he keeps it up.

if you're really interested in the spacing comparisons, i time stamped the vid below to where the guy compares it.  you can just watch that and close.  if not, i know some talking head will eventually bring up the spacing changes too.  it's sometimes smaller creators that point something out, then media picks up on it:

👍

12 hours ago, JayEcho said:

You lack knowledge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

You lack knowledge

Consider the source.  Anyone who uses the word "bro" and says "imma" on a MB probably shouldn't be taken seriously.  

1st place in the East and the state of this thread sucks.  You people need to chill the F out and just watch some ball.

• Like 5

Simmons had a pretty good night. They get the ishy Pistons again so hopefully they blow them out the second time. 

11 hours ago, JayEcho said:

Good content, but I couldn't watch it all.  The guy in the video is a complete tool bag.  Knows his stuff, but his delivery is hard to listen to.  

1 hour ago, rambo said:

1st place in the East and the state of this thread sucks.  You people need to chill the F out and just watch some ball.

Ahhh are you new to TATE ;). The only way to know if the team is doing good is by the level hate being emanated from the MB. Basically, this is par for the course.