**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

My wife wants to binge ****ts creek tonight.  I think I'm alright with that. 

What's the first word?

Just now, Khani1 said:

What's the first word?

S ch itt's

5 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Rubio makes other players better. Simple as that. Veteran leadership.

if we can trade Ben for him, Im in. Otherwise, no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

This team is trash without embiid. 

needs the 2nd star who can potentially carry the team when Joel misses. Simmons isnt the second star. Hes a role player. 2 points in the quarter. 1 shot attempt. 

Howard, curry and korkmaz are a combined 1-11 not winning crap with that happening. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Howard's deal was only 1 year, right? 

Kork playing over Joe is asinine. 

At some point doc has to realize kork is nothing more than a 11-12th man on a roster. He shouldn’t be in the rotation. The minutes joe gets now will only help him later in the year and the future. 

Kork has about 1 game per month where he shoots an OK percentage to save his overall 3% on the season. All those other games- trash. 

• Like 1

halftime. Simmons has 4 points, 0 assists, and 0 rebounds. 

aaaand 0 steals. and 0 blocks.

is he injured? only played 7 minutes. 

Regardless, at this point, he should be benched till he is traded. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

halftime. Simmons has 4 points, 0 assists, and 0 rebounds. 

aaaand 0 steals. and 0 blocks.

is he injured? only played 7 minutes. 

Regardless, at this point, he should be benched till he is traded. 

Only 7 minutes. Wonder what’s up with that. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Rose is still out, but Griffin is in for this one. Looks like a loss. 

Blake has no knees and is 100% irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Blake has no knees and is 100% irrelevant. 

well,  he has 3 points, so his presence in the lineup is at least as consequential as Danny Green's so far.

Ben was playing aggressive and caught a couple cheap fouls. Doc has been conservative with his minutes as a result. He played well when he was in. We’d have the lead at this point if it weren’t for dwights first 5 minutes.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

well,  he has 3 points, so his presence in the lineup is at least as consequential as Danny Green's so far.

Thybulle has absolutely owned Blake.

So.... heres a somewhat new argument for trading Simmons and its not really bashing him. Its about the construct of the team in general.--  We cant be this reliant on Embiid.

Its not like we have lost to elite teams when hes missed. Without him we are so bad we lose to some of the worst teams. That is not ok.

You need to turn Ben in to a couple above average players. LaVine, +, or something similar. Really need to turn him for a package consisting of at minimum, a scorer, and an upgrade over Green. 

Without Embiid we still wouldnt beat the elite teams. But it would give us a better chance to still win games against the rest which is absolutely necessary when competing for seeding. 

The box score is making me think Bradley might deserve to supplant Howard. If not now, probably by the end of the season. 

What a dominating force Simmons is.... 🙄.

Keep believing in that lazy ass player 

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The box score is making me think Bradley might deserve to supplant Howard. If not now, probably by the end of the season. 

Doubtful. Howard for better or worse is the vocal leader of this team and does his role well when he has to play 15 minutes a game. Rebound and rebound

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I wonder why Curry and Green are both under 10 points. I thought Simmons was a facilitator?

yeah. he had 4 assists. amazing court vision n stuff. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Doubtful. Howard for better or worse is the vocal leader of this team and does his role well when he has to play 15 minutes a game. Rebound and rebound

hes been underwhelming in every facet of his on court role in at least the last 3 games, maybe more. 

Bradly has as many OFFENSIVE rebounds as Howard has total rebounds in this game. And its not the first impressive OREB game for Bradley. He really seems to be a beast on the boards. 

Maybe its a move you cant make for team morale, because Howard has always been immature and probably wouldnt handle it well, although KOQ and Amir still did their off court duties without receiving playing time. 

The on court energy Howard showed in the beginning of the season is just not there lately. And 5 points/4 rebounds is not what we expected on nights where he filled in for Embiid. 

I am afraid we would have been better off with Pelle.