**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

If Chicago gets the top pick, we should trade Ben to them. Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, and Smith for FRP ( Anthony) and lavine.

22 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

If Chicago gets the top pick, we should trade Ben to them. Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, and Smith for FRP ( Anthony) and lavine.

sadly Chicago gets a say and Colangelo isn't their GM

22 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

sadly Chicago gets a say and Colangelo isn't their GM

Darn Colangeblos. Well you never know.

NBA is in exploratory talks to resume season in late july at Disney's wide world of sports complex. 

Its unclear at this time whether they will continue the regular season or proceed directly to playoffs. 

Either option imo is stupid. Not just for my selfish interest as a 6ers fan to get right to the draft so we ensure we keep the 1st round pick. And not just to get to the offseason firing of Brown and maybe making big moves on the team. 

Even if they go right to playoffs, you have almost 2 months of games. That means no draft until around September. 

Usually pre-season is beginning in september.  

There would be no offseason for players, and extremely little time for free agency, draft combine, and draft before the season begins. No summer league......

All of this will require pushing back the entire next season.

If they just cancel it all they can keep all of next season intact. It seems they are set on prolonging their financial suffering. Self inflicted suffering at this point.

I wonder if theyd actually consider moving right in to the next season after the post-season finishes. Seems wild but the players have just had 2 months off, and counting. 

Simmons has some new hair. And might be working out. Or probably just posing for a picture.

How exactly would this work? 

I assume you play the teams in the group stage first. And the group winners in one tier face off against the winners from other tiers?

How many advance from group stage? 2 teams?

If so, its a nice group for us to start in. Wouldnt expect anything with this team. But its winnable. Or at least should be easy to advance if 2 teams make it out. 

you play each team in your group twice...best 2 records from each group advance to an 8 team playoff bracket. 

sixers go 4-4 in that group, btw...maybe 3-5.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

you play each team in your group twice...best 2 records from each group advance to an 8 team playoff bracket. 

Their team chemistry will be shot to hell with this long lay off. It was never that good to begin with. They may come out of that winless

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Interesting setup.

Yeah... they should beat everyone but maybe the Bucks, but you know... its the 6ers. And especially this year where any road game is almost a guaranteed loss you can pretty much count on .500. Hell, if they just play in Florida and Las Vegas we technically wont have any home games. Maybe get swept. 

Maybe they are in love with Al

And what the hell are you doing Chicago 

Screenshot_20200526-201549.png

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Their team chemistry will be shot to hell with this long lay off. It was never that good to begin with. They may come out of that winless

I can only imagine how out of shape Embiid will be, which will probably lead to him gimping up and missing time.

13 hours ago, Blazehound said:

I can only imagine how out of shape Embiid will be, which will probably lead to him gimping up and missing time.

Vegas odds has Embiid weight over/under bet at 300 pounds

23 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Vegas odds has Embiid weight over/under bet at 300 pounds

i'd think he's under that....but you know his cardio is going to be crap. hell, it's been crap for the past few years. 

for my fellow old people...nbc sports philly is showing the 1983 finals this weekend. :excited:  game 1 tonight at 7pm, game 2 tomorrow at 7pm, game 3 sunday at 4:30 & game 4 sunday at 7pm.  

yeah...only took 4 games to sweep the lakers. :flex:

• Like 1

Thanks for spoiling it a-hole!  Next thing you know you'll show up at my house and microwave some leftover garlic tilapia!:angry:

20 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

NBA targeting July 31st as the return date. 

That is late