**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

45 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Who cares if he added muscle if he can't hit a shot

Words

On 6/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to say... The Last Dance documentary has turned me to a Bulls fan. In my defense I was never really on the Sixers train, I know the Bulls now aren't a good team and my brother lives in Chicago so I will go to Bulls games. 

They are one of the worst run organizations in sports right now so have fun 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They are one of the worst run organizations in sports right now so have fun 

Meh it's basketball. I'm not really that bothered anyway bud. 

😁

We needed the NBA two months ago. As far as I’m concerned, they can sit on their asses until next year. Same goes for MLB.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:52 AM, HazletonEagle said:

2 stories out there about Ben Simmons. 

1. He's working out with Dwyane Wade

2. Hes added muscle. I'm not sure about this one because we saw a similar pic of him years ago with veins popping while he's lifting. He doesn't have that same level of definition and vascularity during the season.   I think he just has a pump going in thre pic.  But... maybe. 

That pic of him looks a lot more than just a pump.  He seems to have added 7-8 pounds of muscle.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, Diehardfan said:

Who cares if he added muscle if he can't hit a shot

I'll take the bait on this one...

1.  He will be stronger on defense against guys that use to be able to bully him down low.

2.  He MIGHT feel confident enough now to take it strong to the rack and go to the foul line.

26 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

That pic of him looks a lot more than just a pump.  He seems to have added 7-8 pounds of muscle.

Do you remember the one from years ago? He looked the same as in this one. I doubt hes added a lot of muscle. More likely just got very lean on the break like he has in the past. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Do you remember the one from years ago? He looked the same as in this one. I doubt hes added a lot of muscle. More likely just got very lean on the break like he has in the past. 

Yeah maybe it could be the lighting and he just got more shredded but it also looks like his shoulders and biceps are slightly thicker.  

11 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah maybe it could be the lighting and he just got more shredded but it also looks like his shoulders and biceps are slightly thicker.  

I can tell you dont even lift bro. Those are called pythons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I'll take the bait on this one...

1.  He will be stronger on defense against guys that use to be able to bully him down low.

2.  He MIGHT feel confident enough now to take it strong to the rack and go to the foul line.

Which does nothing to fix the major flaws and issues around his game and how they hurt the team. Fix the freaking shot dude. Period. Or stop trying to be a PG. 

29 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Which does nothing to fix the major flaws and issues around his game and how they hurt the team. Fix the freaking shot dude. Period. Or stop trying to be a PG. 

I hear ya.  I was just saying that being stronger will add to his game in different areas.  Regardless, the shot has to be addressed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Looks like he got his ex to do some airbrushing and lighting changes more than anything 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

nbc sports philly aired kobe's last game in philly against the sixers over the weekend & i caught some of it.  what a bad game between 2 bad teams. sixers entered the game 0-18 & the lakers were 2-14. :lol:  tank commanders in the starting lineup for philly were isaiah canaan-ball, roco, jerami grant, jahil okafor, & my boy jakaar sampson. :lol:  with nerlens, tj, & hollis thompson as the primary guys off the bench.  i do not miss those days.  

btw, philly somehow managed to win that game for the 1st win of the season. kobe shot 7 for 26. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

dude must have F you money

I bet he has made more money from his sport teams then anywhere else. He realizes owning teams is a Scrooge McDuck money

Colangelo bought a stake in the crappy NBL team that Ball was playing for. How long until he gets into a twitter argument using one of his burner accounts?

Delaware Blue Coats rookie center Christ Koumadje has been named the 2019-20 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year.

He earned the honor in a vote by the league’s 28 head coaches and general managers. 

Koumadje (7-4, 270, Florida State) led the NBA G League in blocked shots per game (4.0) and total blocks (133) to go with 11.3 points and 10.9 rebounds in 33 games.  He ranked 10th in the NBA G League in defensive rebounds per game (7.1).  On Feb. 1, Koumadje recorded a triple-double with 18 points, 20 rebounds and an NBA G League season-high 12 blocks in a 111-103 road victory over the Erie BayHawks.

Behind Koumadje, the Blue Coats topped the NBA G League in blocks per game (7.3), finished second in opponents’ field goal percentage (44.0) and ranked ninth in defensive rating (107.4).  

On 6/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, ToastJenkins said:

dude must have F you money

He founded a publicly traded private equity fund with a market cap of $22 billion and something like a quarter trillion in AUM... so, yeah.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

I bet he has made more money from his sport teams then anywhere else. He realizes owning teams is a Scrooge McDuck money

No, his money came from his PE company going public.

21 minutes ago, TEW said:

He founded a publicly traded private equity fund with a market cap of $22 billion and something like a quarter trillion in AUM... so, yeah.

No, his money came from his PE company going public.

I thought he owned fanatics. Maybe that's one of the other guys in the group.

31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He paid around 300 million for the Sixers and now worth around $2 billion. 

He’s a part owner of the parent company... it isn’t 100% his.

Im still planning for an NBA season that is over a month away from re-starting. Not sure how your news is down there or if you even follow this team, but Ben has been throwing down some fancy dunks recently. Im sure he is ready for playoff ball. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  We all saw those highlight dunks before the real season.  But you were probably too busy being wrong about other topics to notice.  

This year pre-season he was playing basketball in his pool and people thought it meant he was working on his shot.