**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That is late 

Yeah it is...

I wonder if playoff series will be shortened.

I’d be good with going straight to the playoffs and cutting it to 3 game series, 5 for the Finals. Get it over with. I’m not even sure how I’d feel if the Sixers somehow won the title this year. Not that I think they would but if they did it would almost be like "so what”. 

6ers are expected to have a starting lineup for playoffs that has 0 minutes together if I read correctly. 

Shake will be in thr6e starting lineup for playoffs. 

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

6ers are expected to have a starting lineup for playoffs that has 0 minutes together if I read correctly. 

Shake will be in thr6e starting lineup for playoffs. 

Fun. 

6 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

horford better be gone this summer

This summer? They still have to finish last   season this summer lol. Also his contract makes it not likely 

Proposed end of Finals date is October 12th.

What idiots. 

Yeah, if it’s going to be that late don’t bother. Either come back and go straight to a playoff with 4 teams per conference, or if you insist on a full 8 team field cut the series to 3 games, 5 for the finals. Get it over with fast or just call it a lost season. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

There wont be any sports until Football opens up.  I'm convinced.  

WRONG! 

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh really?  What time?

NBA season is July 31st- Oct 12th

EPL starts 6/17

Baseball players union just rejected a 114 game schedule 

Hockey no idea 

Screenshot_20200603-145534.png

nothing finalized yet, but...

According to The Athletic's Shams Charania, the NBA has set July 31 as the target date for its return. The NBA's Board of Governors is expected to vote to approve commissioner Adam Silver's recommendation on a format for resuming the season on Thursday, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. As of right now, 22 teams are expected to be invited to Orlando. Those 22 will include the 16 current playoff teams as well as the New Orleans Pelicans, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns and Washington Wizards.

Once there, the remaining teams would begin a truncated regular season of eight total games per team, per Wojnarowski. Charania reports that it would include a play-in tournament for the eighth seeds in each conference. Those tournaments would only come in to play if the No. 9 seed finishes the shortened regular season within four games of No. 8. If that is the case, the No. 9 seed would have to beat the No. 8 seed twice in a row in order to earn their conference's final playoff spot. The plan also calls for the NBA Draft Lottery and combine to be held in August. 

Among health precautions that are expected to be proposed are: 

• No showering at arenas. Players would shower at their hotels. 
  • Bench players would sit in spread out rows, and inactive players would watch from the stands. 
  • Players could not bring guests to Orlando until the playoffs. 

This plan would give the NBA roughly two more months to finish organizing its Disney proposal and get its players back up to speed physically with both individual workouts and a second training camp at practice facilities. Teams participating in whatever format the concluded regular season and playoffs take would then travel to Orlando and quarantine before basketball could begin again. 

Starting games again so late in July poses a potential logistical problem for next season. If the NBA is to maintain a seven-game series format for the postseason, then at least two months will be needed for the playoffs to be held in earnest. As such, the last possible date for Game 7 of the NBA Finals would be Oct. 12, according to Wojnarowski. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great for NBA.  Again. Believe it when I see it.  EPL?  I suppose that’s soccer?  I’d rather watch Dr Phil than that garbage.  

Okay dude. Go watch your NASCAR 

Hunt literally posted about it and how they will vote on it tomorrow 

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Go watch my NASCAR?  Where the hell do you get that from? Since when have I said anything g but bad things about NASCAR?  Anywhere?  Or are you stereotyping?   Is that it?  Cause I have lived in NC for one year?   I also lived in  PA and MD and NJ and Florida and CA and VA and MA........   so again your point is?!  

As far as the NBA is concerned, they haven’t even voted on it yet.  So one more time.  I’ll believe it when I see it.  

Do you not get sports news down there?

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wanna expand on the NASCAR comment?   Or are you going to ignore my reply like a bish?   

Who are you 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Do I watch the local news or get a newspaper. Uh no.   Your point?

You don't follow the 6ers. 

17 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wojo confirmed it this morning. That is good enough for me 

EZnEwgjXQAUoESv.jpeg

guess they settled on teams within 6 games of a playoff spot....or just took teams with the 22 best records? :unsure:   

46 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

guess they settled on teams within 6 games of a playoff spot....or just took teams with the 22 best records? :unsure:   

It was something like,  if you had an 8 game lead on the next team behind you,  you got in.

Draft is October 15th.

Sixers don't have a chance.  An 800lb Embiid, Simmons has probably forgot how to dribble by now, Horford is probably still recovering from COVID-19 he got living at a LTC facility and Brett Brown will coach like he does at the start of every season (so shiddy).

• Like 1

If the Sixers have no chance, the only other thing I'm wishing for is a first round exit by the Lakers so I can listen to Nick Wright cry and make excuses for Lebron

i look forward to hate watching the sixers while they get bounced in the 1st round.  i miss sports that much. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i look forward to hate watching the sixers while they get bounced in the 1st round.  i miss sports that much. 

Can't wait to scream at shiddy BB rotations and Simmons patented drive to the paint>jump>turn back to basket>throw ball to opponent/Horford for the steal or brick.  CAN'T WAIT!

It a team is within 4 games of the 8th seed they will have a play in but the 9th seed will have to win twice to get in. 

I wonder how they will figure out the rest of the regular season schedule