**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Maxey just beat his guy off the dribble, and split those 2 defenders before they had a chance to react and put up that floater. 1 player beat 3 guys in the blink of an eye. What a feel for the game. 

By the way, Maxey didnt make the all rookie 1st team OR 2nd team. I thought we might see him on 2nd team. He might end up the best player out of all of them.

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If this game is close, I'm interested to see Tobias in the 4th quarter.  He didn't even move last game.  He stood in a corner and hid from being seen.  

I’m not. Harris is as bad or worse than Ben. At least no one expects Ben to bring shooting. 

Just now, TEW said:

I’m not. Harris is as bad or worse than Ben. At least no one expects Ben to bring shooting. 

I should have said it will be amusing to see him stand around like a statue without the ball so I can throw my glass of wine all over our white carpet.  

• Like 1

Maxey set a BEAUTIFUL screen for that wide open George Hill airball.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Harris always begins to disappear when the series continues on and when they face better competition. Look at his last 7 quarters he’s 5-19 for 12 points and 2 free throws. Collins when guarding him is making life miserable for him. Hunter isn’t even in this series it could be worse  

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Maxey set a BEAUTIFUL screen for that wide open George Hill airball.

Thankfully we made more deals at the deadline than just George hill.... nance and markkanen look really nice right about now 

Gotta love the announcers highlighting a fully extended push off by Young as if it was a great play by him. Its a clear foul but no mention of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Harris always begins to disappear when the series continues on and when they face better competition. Look at his last 7 quarters he’s 5-19 for 12 points and 2 free throws. Collins when guarding him is making life miserable for him. Hunter isn’t even in this series it could be worse  

Thankfully we made more deals at the deadline than just George hill.... nance and markkanen look really nice right about now 

Ill never understand what the F they were thinking at that deadline. They sacrificed the season on the failed pursuit of Lowry. Whichever Fer decided it was a good idea to take that down to the literal last minute of the deadline should be fired. In the last hour they should have changed gears to get another guard (even if it was Hill, seemed solid at the time) and a stretch PF. Everyone knew Hill alone wasnt going to be enough, and thats back when we actually thought he was a nice addition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Gotta love the announcers highlighting a fully extended push off by Young as if it was a great play by him. Its a clear foul but no mention of that.

Yeah, that replay discussion was definitely worthy of an eye roll.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ill never understand what the F they were thinking at that deadline. They sacrificed the season on the failed pursuit of Lowry. Whichever Fer decided it was a good idea to take that down to the literal last minute of the deadline should be fired. In the last hour they should have changed gears to get another guard (even if it was Hill, seemed solid at the time) and a stretch PF. Everyone knew Hill alone wasnt going to be enough, and thats back when we actually thought he was a nice addition.

Like we shouldn’t be surprised the bench is an issue. We were all ****ing about it around the trade deadline. The sixers fooled themselves When the bench gave them a couple good games right before the deadline and then down the stretch of the season they look OK because he played a bunch of teams missing players

Simmons with a sigh of relief after he gets sent to the bench after his 3rd foul. 

I know no one seems to like Sexton as much as me, but can you imagine how dynamic a Maxey/Sexton back court would be? The speed and quickness of those 2 together would be damn near unguardable. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I know no one seems to like Sexton as much as me, but can you imagine how dynamic a Maxey/Sexton back court would be? The speed and quickness of those 2 together would be damn near unguardable. 

I still rather go after De’Aaron fox with maxey because I think the kings are dumb enough to at least consider trading him if you took on a bad contract

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I still rather go after De’Aaron fox with maxey because I think the kings are dumb enough to at least consider trading him if you took on a bad contract

yeah.... Sexton has become a better scorer already. Fox is a bit more of a real PG. I almost prefer sexton because we are so scorer starved for so many years. But id be so pumped with either of them. I also think Sexton may be much more attainable. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

yeah.... Sexton has become a better scorer already. Fox is a bit more of a real PG. I almost prefer sexton because we are so scorer starved for so many years. But id be so pumped with either of them. I also think Sexton may be much more attainable. 

More attainable for sure. I’m positive if you trade Simmons there you are going to have to match up contracts which likely means Kevin love. I’d have to go look at how it would even matchup 

Hubie Brown with solid analysis about the versatility of Korkmaz on offense.  :roll:

image.jpeg.4631b5fc1761a3be1d3480a8fa1131c1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Embiid 6 points and 5 turnovers 

Just now, TEW said:

Maxey is pure energy. Doc should have been fired mid game for not playing him last game.

Great defense on that last play as well 

• Like 2

That was pitiful and they’re only down four.  Lol

Can't wait to see Simmons and Howard on the court again together. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

The stars don’t care. That says it all.

I just can't get over how disinterested Embiid looks right now.  He was the one guy I didn't think we'd have to worry about tonight.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

embiid showing no effort is disheartening. 

He’s 100 times better than Capela.  That’s the most frustrating part.

Tobias is having a decent game (so far).