**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I can find stand still shooters especially in this era. Shooting off the dribble is a different story. Grayson Allen's are not that hard to find compared to 10 years ago 

If I am Simmons I would want to play in that type of space. Make him Draymond Green and run. 

He and Embiid were NEVER going to work and said it for years. Both need an open paint to operate most efficiently 

Don’t disagree with your last point. I actually agree. I’m for trading Simmons but I’m waiting for a good deal not just giving him away like people wanted to do. 

And Zion doesn’t need the paint to operate most efficiently? Nearly his entire game relies on that cause his three point shooting is 33.3% for his career and only takes .6 per game. Your point on embiid and Simmons both need the paint so does Zion who’s far less active in the perimeter than embiid right now. New Orleans would have the same issues the sixers do except Zion isn’t 7 foot like embiid nor have the shooting from the outside like embiid yet. 

The 76ers are sort of a single engine airplane with Embiid as the engine.

When he's on, they take off.  When he sputters or when he's off the court altogether, their best hope is to glide while reliably losing altitude, if not crashing.

If Embiid is not in "on" superman mode for all 4 quarters of a playoff game, they'll lose enough ground while he's off that they cannot win the game.  They are going to pummel the Hawks for stretches in game 6, but if Embiid gets too gassed/injured for so much as 1 quarter in any of the next 8, they'll be eliminated.

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I don’t need to make any bets and I haven’t had an avatar for the entire time I’ve been on the boards, so that won’t matter. I will not post for a week if I am wrong. You guys can rip me and I can only read it and not respond lol. 

I’m not going to rip you. You are a fan of the team and you want to have hope they are able to pull it off. At least you are optimistic. However i think if looked at it with unbiased view where you took your fandom out of it that you’d like see most teams that have that kind of epic collapse don’t recover especially the very next game. They tend to just completely implode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m not going to rip you. You are a fan of the team and you want to have hope they are able to pull it off. At least you are optimistic. However i think if looked at it with unbiased view where you took your fandom out of it that you’d like see most teams that have that kind of epic collapse don’t recover especially the very next game. They tend to just completely implode. 

The entire team besides Embiid and Curry played like junk last night. I don’t think that repeats. I’m not saying all this to be the only guy who thinks that way and be cool, I honestly believe it. And usually, I am never optimistic in these types of situations. My gut is telling me something. There is a good chance I am wrong but I still need to voice my opinion lol. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@JayEcho

And man give your son a steak or two so he grows. Mine is 13 and 5'10"

Don't forget Barho, he's been on Simmons nuts and blaming Embiid up until yesterday that is lol

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t disagree with your last point. I actually agree. I’m for trading Simmons but I’m waiting for a good deal not just giving him away like people wanted to do. 

And Zion doesn’t need the paint to operate most efficiently? Nearly his entire game relies on that cause his three point shooting is 33.3% for his career and only takes .6 per game. Your point on embiid and Simmons both need the paint so does Zion who’s far less active in the perimeter than embiid right now. New Orleans would have the same issues the sixers do except Zion isn’t 7 foot like embiid nor have the shooting from the outside like embiid yet. 

They play Steven Adams with him together so works, but difference is Zion would be truly unstoppable if they run more so go hire Mike D'Antoni. Embiid is out of breath after two FTs. 

Also playing in NO where no one gives a F and pressure is off. 

I think he would work well with Hornets and Ball, Magic need a lead guard for a decade, Kings are a garbage franchise and would love him, Nurse and Raptors could probably get something from him. 

Heck, Ben is just another Aaron Gordon to me. I wouldn't even give him Green praise

the sixers should already be waiting for the winner of the nets/bucks series with embiid resting his knee. 

but ....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I'm not bias 😛. Teams usually don't bounce back from that kind of loss. However, I for some reason think they pull the next one out just to get everyone's hopes up then get blown out game 7. It's the philly thing to do 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not bias 😛. Teams usually don't bounce back from that kind of loss. However, I for some reason think they pull the next one out just to get everyone's hopes up then get blown out game 7. It's the philly thing to do 

I’ll say this, if they get to Game 7, they are winning it. They will not lose another game at home when the crowd is going absolutely bonkers, not again. No way!

Doc was obviously not the answer to any of our questions.  Standing there for the entire 2nd half, shaking his head helplessly, while watching that slow-motion train wreck unfold, was not coaching, in any sense of the word.  Yeah, the players have to play, but the coach can make adjustments too.  Well, good coaches can, while Doc doesn't.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They play Steven Adams with him together so works, but difference is Zion would be truly unstoppable if they run more so go hire Mike D'Antoni. Embiid is out of breath after two FTs. 

Also playing in NO where no one gives a F and pressure is off. 

I think he would work well with Hornets and Ball, Magic need a lead guard for a decade, Kings are a garbage franchise and would love him, Nurse and Raptors could probably get something from him. 

Heck, Ben is just another Aaron Gordon to me. I wouldn't even give him Green praise

Did it work with Adams? They missed the playoffs even though Zion averaged 27 and ingram averaged 23 and just fired their coach. So you are going to remove a 23ppg scorer/shooter in ingram that gave Zion that space and replace him with Ben Simmons who still won’t be a scorer and is out there useless on offense. And then try what you are saying with Adams and Zion but Zion’s and Simmons without ingram type shooter/scorer (who’s become a really good scorer/shooter). I’m betting if ingram was not there and Adams and Zion are playing together that isn’t close to looking as good  

agree less pressure on NO. However don’t think it makes a difference to Simmons either way. He is who he is  

again agree on those teams. Not sure the Raptors in a trade could do it unless they were willing to do a sign and trade with lowry or siakam’s antics have reached a point where they’d move on and go with Simmons (rumors they might deal him to GS).

i think he’s better than gordon. Gordon can’t dribble and while Gordon is a good defender i still think Simmons is better 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don’t know I think they’re just gonna get walloped in Game 6. I just think this team mentally doesn’t have it especially without green. I think Atlanta is going to come out of the gate on fire. I don’t think the Sixers are going to be able to fully recover. They might get it close by the end but I don’t think they’re gonna have enough. Blowing a 26 point lead at home 10 points with four minutes to go at home and you can’t close it out told me mentally you are not capable of doing what you need to do on the road. They did it in game three but let’s be honest that’s the only game where they haven’t blown a massive lead.  So maybe they get up again 15 to 20 points in the third quarter it’s just gonna come crumbling down again because mentally they don’t have the capacity to finish the job which has been a problem since Brett Brown was here

• Like 1

I’m still sick about last night.

i keep coming back to the bulls as a destination for ben. they have perimeter bigs in vucavic & markannan who also aren't the best at D...so ben would help them there. idk about their backcourt shooters though...or if they'd be comfortable with coby white & ben playing together. 

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i keep coming back to the bulls as a destination for ben. they have perimeter bigs in vucavic & markannan who also aren't the best at D...so ben would help them there. idk about their backcourt shooters though...or if they'd be comfortable with coby white & ben playing together. 

I’d love to get my hands on markkanen. I have good info he’s unhappy there and wants out. If they could get LaVine and markkanen in a deal at this point just do it cause I’m at the point Lavine might not be good enough either cause he plays next to no defense but ben clearly isn’t as he is bad on offense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t know I think they’re just gonna get walloped in Game 6. I just think this team mentally doesn’t have it especially without green. I think Atlanta is going to come out of the gate on fire. I don’t think the Sixers are going to be able to fully recover. They might get it close by the end but I don’t think they’re gonna have enough. Blowing a 26 point lead at home 10 points with four minutes to go at home and you can’t close it out told me mentally you are not capable of doing what you need to do on the road. They did it in game three but let’s be honest that’s the only game where they haven’t blown a massive lead.  So maybe they get up again 15 to 20 points in the third quarter it’s just gonna come crumbling down again because mentally they don’t have the capacity to finish the job which has been a problem since Brett Brown was here

It's become clear it's not just a coaching problem as well. Embiid and Ben just don't belong together. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's become clear it's not just a coaching problem as well. Embiid and Ben just don't belong together. 

It’s so many problems. Tobias is overrated. I said at the time of the trade if Jerry west who constructed multiple championship teams and two dynasties didn’t want Harris to be part of a championship team why do you think he should with you. One of the best didn’t want him cause he didn’t believe in an all star type year he was good enough.

you got Simmons debacle

doc is basically Brett brown since 2013 in accomplishments 

the bench is still not very good and they didn’t do enough at the deadline. 

The tacos and patty Mills sounds reasonable lol some of these are unrealistic and just dumb. Dallas isn’t trading Luka for Ben lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Are you patting yourself on the back prematurely?

Not happy about it, but this team will not get over the hump with Simmons and Harris as cornerstones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TV Guy said:

Not happy about it, but this team will not get over the hump with Simmons and Harris as cornerstones. 

Sadly i think the pivotal moment in sixers history and future was both of their extensions. Frankly i don’t see this team being able to make enough moves to acquire the players they need to put around embiid to win a title due to past decisions. Maybe I’m overreacting to the last two losses but i thought if they can’t even get to the conference finals with a golden path this year then i don’t believe they are going to win a title with embiid and waste his prime years. 

21 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

Agreed!

Since H.E. hasn’t been able to post the usual winning song video.  This will have to do today.  Sums it up.  

• Haha 1

Capela played 37 mins and doc didn’t get the bright idea when the hawks were on this run to hack a capela who is shooting 57% on the year and in the playoffs 9-17 for 53%. Possible disrupt their offense and they pull him out and embiid has a backup center on him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sadly i think the pivotal moment in sixers history and future was both of their extensions. Frankly i don’t see this team being able to make enough moves to acquire the players they need to put around embiid to win a title due to past decisions. Maybe I’m overreacting to the last two losses but i thought if they can’t even get to the conference finals with a golden path this year then i don’t believe they are going to win a title with embiid and waste his prime years. 

it all comes down to what they can get for ben, imo.  if they get a legit creator/shooter & maybe another useful piece, i think they'd be fine. not having ben clog up the paint will do wonders for embiid. they don't guard ben outside of 10 feet from the basket...it's ridiculous...even if they're stuck with tobi, he'd be the 3rd scoring option & i think they could get by with that. 

it only takes 1 gm who's in love with ben's defense. 

• Like 1

Lmao 

The armed but not dangerous for Ben Simmons is amazing 

5B0D55F4-39DA-417F-B575-FC0698D54DD4.jpeg

• Haha 3