**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im still thinking Sexton or Fox are the ideal trade targets for us in a Simmons trade.

Hope maybe a Harris for Ingram trade can be done. 

A scoring guard/primarily ball handler, and a scoring wing. Team would be complete.

If I had an already stacked team with scorers, I'd love to trade a couple worthless future 1st round picks for Simmons to be my one matchup weapon on defense who then fades into the abyss on offense.

I don't see why any team would give up more than that.  A good team that sees him as a tertiary glue piece will gladly give you all the late round 1 draft capital they have.  And a bad team...well...they aren't going to give up a young player with potential or a draft pick that might be meaningful; they'll just see Simmons as a salary to absorb and might WANT value from us. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not sure you get Harris for ingram but I’d love for it to happen 

I agree not straight up. That one would require more sweeteners. 

I think you can almost do Simmons for Sexton without too much other stuff in the deal. 

Harris for Ingram might require another young player and a pick. 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Ain't getting Harris for Ingram, come on. You still are overvaluing Harris. 

Sexton is a shoot first guard and doesn't even know what the word pass is or how to spell it. Can't have that with Embiid. 

Usually when I bring up trades Im just discussing the foundational pieces. Its kind of pointless to try to predict every little thing that gets thrown in. None of us understand value that well to guess other players let alone which picks, how many, cash considerations, etc.... So I said Harris for Ingram. You can/should assume there will be more to the deal. Not often you see 1:1 straight up deals in the NBA. That much can be assumed, rather than trashing the idea right away.

Anyway....

Harris's value this year should be the same as it was when we got him from LA. He had that kind of season again, and he looked even better in the last few weeks of the season when he started going to the post more. 

Hes shown the LA half season of production wasnt a fluke. I still think youll have to add in a little bit for that deal to happen.

Sexton has improved his game leaps and bounds in a few, short years since entering the league. Literally...shortened seasons, and offseasons. And he has made a meteoric rise as a bonafide 3 level scorer. Jrue Holiday had poor assist numbers for his first few years in the league, and improved a little each year. Honestly, hes still not even a big assist guy, and yet he is such a well respected PG and player. Give Sexton a few teammates worthy of being passed to, which he really hasnt had yet on Alabama OR Cleveland... and I can see him getting around 5 assists per game pretty quickly. 

48 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Any guard that can run an offense and shoot a decent shot is better than Ben. 

Ben had his bags packed and was told he is getting traded until the owner said no. For Harden, Maxey and or Thybulle are throw ins

that’s true but that doesn’t mean you are a legit title contender or better than the nets or other teams doing that. Next year you still have to compete with 3 stars with the nets, warriors with klay and Steph and possibly adding another star, lakers with lebron and ad along with the bucks, suns, jazz and clippers, Atlanta likely getting better. This theory of adding murray (who’s really not won anything with the Spurs or even made them a consistently good team— i like him. He had his best year as a pro this year and the Spurs still missed the playoffs. It’s not all his fault with the roster but he has derozan, white and walker. And they barely made the play in game. So i don’t believe he just morphs the sixers into being better than those teams) along with Harris and embiid means you are definitively better than those teams and a better overall than those teams is not definitive true. 

I also think it’s foolish to call them throw ins cause it was harden. They are young talented players. They aren’t throw ins. A throw in is someone like Paul reed or Isaiah joe who are unproven and really have basically no value unless they pan out. that is a throw in or mike Scott who’s contract is needed to match and offers very little at this stage of his career. Would i include them in a trade cause it was harden? Yes.  I’d give them up but i think that’s disingenuous to say they are throw ins like they are just some scrubs cause harden is James harden. Heck i think on a rebuilding team maxey is a starter and a second team all defender aren’t just some throw ins.

I think what you probably meant was you’d give them up because it’s harden. That i can understand. However that’s not the same as being classified as a throw in type player. scott for contract purposes is a throw in type player. 

Their one shot with Simmons is the Mike Vick effect.

As is, someone might want him as a lineup balancing defender...on a max contract, you aren't getting anything in return.

If a GM/coach sees a 6'10" hyper-athlete with a handle and court vision who was the #1 overall pick, they might think they are the one Ben has been waiting for all his life to learn that jump shot and become the next NBA great.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not really. I have to go back and watch cause i don’t really remember all on court matchups throughout the games.

Frankly if capela is out there and the hawks are getting hot just foul him cause it helps get them out of rhythm on offense and pull him off the floor and embiid gets an easier matchup 

Well that too but, thought maybe they could at least run him off the court if they aren't going to foul him. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well that too but, thought maybe they could at least run him off the court if they aren't going to foul him. 

The fact doc isn’t going the same route Atlanta is doing with Simmons is a little foolish. If Atlanta has capela on the floor during these runs you can try to put a dent into their offensive rhythm by doing it and you can slow the game down and potentially momentum if he’s continuously missing FTs

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The fact doc isn’t going the same route Atlanta is doing with Simmons is a little foolish. If Atlanta has capela on the floor during these runs you can try to put a dent into their offensive rhythm by doing it and you can slow the game down and potentially momentum if he’s continuously missing FTs

Welp it appears as though Doc rather do nothing. I think some coaches try to do the whole Phil Jackson thing and let the players play their way out of a mess. They are not Phil and the players they have are not Kobe or Jordan. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welp it appears as though Doc rather do nothing. I think some coaches try to do the whole Phil Jackson thing and let the players play their way out of a mess. They are not Phil and the players they have are not Kobe or Jordan. 

Reason why they shouldn’t have hired doc was last years playoffs showed what he’s been the last 7-8 years. I get they wanted a proven coach, but the issue with doc is he hasn’t proven much more in the playoffs recently then Brett brown.  Legitimately since brown was hired, doc and brown have gotten as far as one another in the playoffs. Brown is not as good of a coach as doc, but doc has blown more series with superior talent imo. Like the 2020 clippers were a better team than the nuggets and he found a way of losing it 

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Usually when I bring up trades Im just discussing the foundational pieces. Its kind of pointless to try to predict every little thing that gets thrown in. None of us understand value that well to guess other players let alone which picks, how many, cash considerations, etc.... So I said Harris for Ingram. You can/should assume there will be more to the deal. Not often you see 1:1 straight up deals in the NBA. That much can be assumed, rather than trashing the idea right away.

Anyway....

Harris's value this year should be the same as it was when we got him from LA. He had that kind of season again, and he looked even better in the last few weeks of the season when he started going to the post more. 

Hes shown the LA half season of production wasnt a fluke. I still think youll have to add in a little bit for that deal to happen.

Sexton has improved his game leaps and bounds in a few, short years since entering the league. Literally...shortened seasons, and offseasons. And he has made a meteoric rise as a bonafide 3 level scorer. Jrue Holiday had poor assist numbers for his first few years in the league, and improved a little each year. Honestly, hes still not even a big assist guy, and yet he is such a well respected PG and player. Give Sexton a few teammates worthy of being passed to, which he really hasnt had yet on Alabama OR Cleveland... and I can see him getting around 5 assists per game pretty quickly. 

Cavaliers players get taunted by opponents who tell them Collin Sexton won't pass the ball, per report

Various Cavs players still grow frustrated by the way Sexton dominates the ball, and opponents taunt them by saying during games, "you know he's not going to pass you the ball."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavaliers-players-get-taunted-by-opponents-who-tell-them-collin-sexton-wont-pass-the-ball-per-report/

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Cavaliers players get taunted by opponents who tell them Collin Sexton won't pass the ball, per report

Various Cavs players still grow frustrated by the way Sexton dominates the ball, and opponents taunt them by saying during games, "you know he's not going to pass you the ball."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavaliers-players-get-taunted-by-opponents-who-tell-them-collin-sexton-wont-pass-the-ball-per-report/

The other issue with sexton is his contract. He needs an extension with one year left. Not sure he’s worth what he’s going to ask for or be a good fit. Frankly i much rather see if i could get he kings to give up fox then go with sexton. (Highly doubtful they would in general). I doubt the kings would even consider it unless you take a bad contract back like Barnes or hield. Problem there is if you trade for fox he comes with a 28.5 cap hit (poison pill). Meaning basically matching Simmons. So to get Barnes or hield coming back you have to match salary one way to do so is with Harris or give up curry or maxey. Theoretically maxey, Simmons and hill for hield and fox works. Frankly i rather have Harris and maxey then Barnes or hield on their contracts. 

Again super doubtful the kings would ever do it 

736B5248-E373-4A5F-9CAD-D0E6E70DE87E.jpeg

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sadly i think the pivotal moment in sixers history and future was both of their extensions. Frankly i don’t see this team being able to make enough moves to acquire the players they need to put around embiid to win a title due to past decisions. Maybe I’m overreacting to the last two losses but i thought if they can’t even get to the conference finals with a golden path this year then i don’t believe they are going to win a title with embiid and waste his prime years. 

For me it's the Fultz draft.  We are supposed to have entered this playoff run with three top 3 draft picks.  I get that Tatum wasn't a real possibility but missing on that pick was huge.  Also, I'll never forgive Silver for forcing the Colangelo Family upon us.

With that said, Maxey might turn out to be better than Fultz but his development timeline doesn't match up for what we need right now in this playoff run. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

For me it's the Fultz draft.  We are supposed to have entered this playoff run with three top 3 draft picks.  I get that Tatum wasn't a real possibility but missing on that pick was huge.  Also, I'll never forgive Silver for forcing the Colangelo Family upon us.

With that said, Maxey might turn out to be better than Fultz but his development timeline doesn't match up for what we need right now in this playoff run. 

I’m of the believe if this are trading Simmons and want someone who’s higher caliber player than Simmons that maxey is likely gone in that deal. Which i hate losing maxey but I’m ok with if you are getting that caliber of player. 

that said the sixers have made a ton of bad moves that the process allotted them a chance to be Golden. Okafor, Noel, fultz then trading bridges or not drafting porter. Then throwing money away on horford when it was the offseason they could actually spend. 

Bucks up 19 with less than 6:30 to play.  No way they blow this.  That series goes 7.

A couple weeks ago that's exactly what we wanted.  Take care of the Hawks in 5 and watch the Nets and Bucks beat each other up for 7 games. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

Bucks up 19 with less than 6:30 to play.  No way they blow this.  That series goes 7.

A couple weeks ago that's exactly what we wanted.  Take care of the Hawks in 5 and watch the Nets and Bucks beat each other up for 7 games. 

Yeah well bucks or nets are gonna get the hawks which either if those teams should win that series in 5-6 games. 

I thought the sixers could beat the bucks especially with how the bucks on offense were playing against the nets. But after watching the last two games where the sixers can’t score down the stretch of games and their defense completely disappears against atlanta. i don’t think they could beat the bucks either. The bigger issue is i think they’d put jrue on curry and basically shut curry down. Middleton is a tough matchup for Harris. The advantage is embiid on lopez but lopez can shoot from the outside and draw embiid out. The sixers in that series would need Danny green’s scoring and Simmons to step up and good scoring from the bench. I wouldn’t count on that. 

• Like 1

Good listen. Around 17 min mark discusses Simmons and his trade value around the league 

I can't believe we're talking about trade values and dismantling the team. Guys, there's potentially 2 games left. Let's stay away from the defeatist mentality. 

Listened to the Hoffman and bodner podcast, Hoffman really put this series into perspective when he said "this series is the culmination of Ben Simmons not improving on anything in 4 years (meant on offense)”. Such a spot on accurate statement. I also agree with them if they lose this series it’s going to be remembered by fans as a colossal failure like the bucs playoff game, the 64 Phillies collapse. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

the problem was, they should have traded the pick to get a proven player because of embiid's health, this is what happens when you rely so much on prospects around an injury prone talented player like embiid. when you get someone like that, you get proven players around him because you dont know how long he could last.

Things have passed beyond the point of no return for Simmons in Philly, unless they escape this series and win a title this year.  

While we can say all the bad things we want about Simmons attitude and how he is what he is (and I'd agree), the only warning worth issuing is to never say never about an immensely talented player on the brink who gets a complete change of scenery.  It's not going to happen here and I don't think it ever will for him, but you just never know for sure what the wakeup call with a new team might do.  It sure would be a dagger in the heart of Philly if he started knocking down jumpers somewhere else.  Again, not expecting it...and it definitely won't happen here either way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Listened to the Hoffman and bodner podcast, Hoffman really put this series into perspective when he said "this series is the culmination of Ben Simmons not improving on anything in 4 years (meant on offense)”. Such a spot on accurate statement. I also agree with them if they lose this series it’s going to be remembered by fans as a colossal failure like the bucs playoff game, the 64 Phillies collapse. 

The Bucs playoff loss is the best possible comparison.  

While the '04 Eagles got to a superbowl, featured TO, and were very hyped, the '02 Eagles were really as tuned up and primed as any Eagles team in that era.  That was their peak.  And their competition cleared a path for them that year.  Same thing with these 76'ers...this is as good as their stars are ever going to be and the NBA has cleared a path.  If they can't escape Atlanta, it will be one of the biggest failures in the city's history.

I'd throw in that Phillies team with the historic pitching staff that lost to the Cardinals, although I can't totally blame that team.  That was just horrible luck.  They faced an epically hot lineup in a short series.  But that team really should have won a title.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Welcome Morey

Screenshot_20210617-140759.png

Screenshot_20210617-140635.png

no way NOLA does that.

19 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I’m feeling better and better about us winning Friday. I know it’s making a lot of people mad and I understand. If I’m wrong, I will punish myself since I will have annoyed enough of you. I won’t post for a week. 

The only thing that is working for us winning tonight is the fact that a lot of people are anticipating and expecting us to lose on Friday based on emotion. I know I am at least. I am white with rage after that performance and sure, I can name the xs and os like anyone else as to why we will probably lose, but the biggest reason for me personally is due to prisoner of the moment disgust towards Simmons. Usually when someone makes choices or holds beliefs based on emotion they're usually wrong. 

19 hours ago, Khani1 said:

-only Joel and Seth scored in the 2nd half

-Tobi scored 4 points

-Tobi and Ben have crapped the bed the last two games. They are due for big games. 

-we have had large leads against them multiple times

-Atlanta is smelling themselves and Trae is over cocky

-the refs will call more fouls for us

-we are still the better team

-I don’t think Atlanta can beat us 3 times in a row

we're "the better team" in a holistic, traditional sense. Sure, we are the 1 seed, they're the 4/interchangeable 5. We're the better team and should win for 19 reasons out of 20. 

HOWEVER, that 1, single reason is also our achilles heel. And that is Ben Simmons, and not just the way he's defended by competent teams in the playoffs with the sagging off to take away his passing lanes he so desperately wants to get to, but it's now the Hack a Ben thing that he has proven he cannot conquer. It is an embarrassing, achilles heel, kill card that the Hawks are playing, and they're going to continue to do it.