**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Geeez atlanta has made 8/9 fgs

My feelings about a Philly team have never changed so drastically from a Monday to a Friday.  I am just laughing at them at this point.  Monday I was convinced they would be a good matchup for anyone.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

My feelings about a Philly team have never changed so drastically from a Monday to a Friday.  I am just laughing at them at this point.  Monday I was convinced they would be a good matchup for anyone.  

Yup they completely choked it all away. It’s amazing how soft mentally this team became once Danny green got hurt. 

• Like 1

If Maxey doesn't see significant minutes the rest of this game then something is seriously wrong.

Just now, Paul852 said:

If Maxey doesn't see significant minutes the rest of this game then something is seriously wrong.

Maxey and Thybulle are the only ones bringing energy 

3 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

How anybody in their right mind can defend Ben Simmons on this team anymore is beyond me.

I almost died on the Ben Simmons hill, but his play and mentality offensively is so egregious I can't defend him anymore.  I'm not trying to go conspiracy here, but I really think there is something that motivates him about just being an "all-star."  He elevates his play every season offensively for about 2 weeks before all-star votes come in, gets in, and then he completely shuts down in the playoffs.  

Just now, Paul852 said:

Doc be like 

spacer.png

Just now, hputenis said:

I almost died on the Ben Simmons hill, but his play and mentality offensively is so egregious I can't defend him anymore.  I'm not trying to go conspiracy here, but I really think there is something that motivates him about just being an "all-star."  He elevates his play every season offensively for about 2 weeks before all-star votes come in, gets in, and then he completely shuts down in the playoffs.  

You want a big time conspiracy theory my uncle thinks he wants out of Philly and is willing to keep playing the way he does so he forces their hand to trade him. 

• Haha 2

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You want a big time conspiracy theory my uncle thinks he wants out of Philly and is willing to keep playing the way he does so he forces their hand to trade him. 

I honestly don't think that is that farfetched. How can you possibly explain what we're seeing here?

Just now, Paul852 said:

I honestly don't think that is that farfetched. How can you possibly explain what we're seeing here?

I think he’s just mentally fried after everything and the FTs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

yeah. Hes usually lagging in votes. He elevates his play for a little bit to sneak in to the game. And then immediately drops off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

This is probably the first time in this dude's life he has faced even an ounce of adversity.  He clearly handles it like a 2 year old.  

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This is probably the first time in this dude's life he has faced even an ounce of adversity.  He clearly handles it like a 2 year old.  

Really shouldn’t be that surprising that he does

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

well, he has been in the playoffs numerous times now and the same thing has always happened. He faces this same adversity every year. 

• Like 1

Well, Maxey finally getting minutes and helped stop the bleeding. Why is it I can sit on my couch drunk as crap and clearly see that Maxey should play but Doc will let a 25 point lead evaporate and refuse to play him?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Well, Maxey finally getting minutes and helped stop the bleeding. Why is it I can sit on my couch drunk as crap and clearly see that Maxey should play but Doc will let a 25 point lead evaporate and refuse to play him?

stubborn about playing rookies. Waits till the team is on death's doorstep to actually try something different and actually play our spark plug.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Maybe he needs a drink

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

well, he has been in the playoffs numerous times now and the same thing has always happened. He faces this same adversity every year. 

I should have been more clear in my post.  I was referring to adversity since he's been in the NBA.   

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Maybe he needs a drink

He’s going to need the whole bottle to get on my level. Only way I’m making it through this series.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

stubborn about playing rookies. Waits till the team is on death's doorstep to actually try something different and actually play our spark plug.

Maxey being their best or second best bench piece kind of tells you everything you need to know about their bench. (I mean that simply cause he’s a rookie and usually title contenders have veteran benches better than what the sixers have)

• Like 1

If this game is close, I'm interested to see Tobias in the 4th quarter.  He didn't even move last game.  He stood in a corner and hid from being seen.