**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Lets be real. If the Nets are healthy, we arent beating them. No matter what we do.

But, since we still have to try just in case they are super injured again, Id be thrilled with Reggie Jackson. Last 2 years has shot over 40% from 3. 

• Like 1

If we aren't landing Lillard, I prefer to let the young guys we have get a lot of playing time over a 2 year stop gap.  

Just now, Khani1 said:

If we aren't landing Lillard, I prefer to let the young guys we have get a lot of playing time over a 2 year stop gap.  

trade ben for young guys. Acquire picks. Play our young guys. And dont give Embiid that super max. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

trade ben for young guys. Acquire picks. Play our young guys. And dont give Embiid that super max. 

I'd prefer to see Springer and Maxey play a lot of minutes even if it means 7th or 8th seed.  Either way, we aren't getting past the second round of the playoffs.  But it would be nice to see what the young guys can do.  Watching them progress throughout the year and show potential is more fun than watching this same old team lose in the second round.

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

at least wait until the simmons trade before panicking :lol:  

Just now, Khani1 said:

I'd prefer to see Springer and Maxey play a lot of minutes even if it means 7th or 8th seed.  Either way, we aren't getting past the second round of the playoffs.  But it would be nice to see what the young guys can do.  Watching them progress throughout the year and show potential is more fun than watching this same old team lose in the second round.

I agree. No matter what we do, we will need to hope Brooklyn, and maybe Miami, and Milwaukee are injured enough for us to sneak past them. And thats just in the east. GSW will have Steph and Klay back. Utah and Phoenix will be very good again. 

We are not even a top 5 team in the NBA. Hardly truly a title contender unless you are a real homer for your own team. 

• Like 2

Just now, mr_hunt said:

at least wait until the simmons trade before panicking :lol:  

To me, its Dame or bust.  Unless we can trade both Tobi and Ben and make some magic happen.  I would prefer the young guys get a lot of playing time over adding a few more players who make us marginally better, and either lose in second round or get smoked in the 3rd round.  Watching the young guys develop would actually be exciting basketball.  Young guys who play hard, care and have skill.  It would be a nice change.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I agree. No matter what we do, we will need to hope Brooklyn, and maybe Miami, and Milwaukee are injured enough for us to sneak past them. And thats just in the east. GSW will have Steph and Klay back. Utah and Phoenix will be very good again. 

We are not even a top 5 team in the NBA. Hardly truly a title contender unless you are a real homer for your own team. 

And the Lakers got better too.  It's Dame or bust.

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

To me, its Dame or bust.  Unless we can trade both Tobi and Ben and make some magic happen.  I would prefer the young guys get a lot of playing time over adding a few more players who make us marginally better, and either lose in second round or get smoked in the 3rd round.  Watching the young guys develop would actually be exciting basketball.  Young guys who play hard, care and have skill.  It would be a nice change.

And the Lakers got better too.  It's Dame or bust.

And even if we got Lillard, and had to trade Ben + a bunch of other guys- we arent beating those other teams without also having our depth. Theres literally nothing we can do but hope the other teams are injured late in the year. And hope Embiid is fit and healthy which actually has a 0% chance anyway.

• Like 1

And even if we got Lillard, and had to trade Ben + a bunch of other guys- we arent beating those other teams. Theres literally nothing we can do but hope the other teams are injured late in the year. And hope Embiid is fit and healthy which actually has a 0% chance anyway.

With each passing day I’m getting closer to wanting to trade Embiid and start all over.  The process was a failure.  Time to accept it.

And even if we got Lillard, and had to trade Ben + a bunch of other guys- we arent beating those other teams without also having our depth. Theres literally nothing we can do but hope the other teams are injured late in the year. And hope Embiid is fit and healthy which actually has a 0% chance anyway.

I will take my chance with Tobi, Joel and Dame even if we give up Maxey and Thybulle.  I know we will have a tough hill to climb but at least that is doable.  Without Dame, we aren't even in the same tier as any of those top teams.

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

With each passing day I’m getting closer to wanting to trade Embiid and start all over.  The process was a failure.  Time to accept it.

yeah. Embiid is coming due for that super max which we should never, ever consider. If you can trade him right now before he continues being injured for more post-seasons and diminishing his value, we should do that. 

Ben, Tobias, and Embiid for young players and picks. Stock the assets to the roof for Morey to really have freedom to work his magic. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I will take my chance with Tobi, Joel and Dame even if we give up Maxey and Thybulle.  I know we will have a tough hill to climb but at least that is doable.  Without Dame, we aren't even in the same tier as any of those top teams.

with him, we still arent. 

so we're back to trading the mvp runner-up :roll:   

let's fire morey & re-hire hinkie while we're at it!  process part II.  what's jakaar sampson doing these days?  :roll:  

• Haha 1

The Sixers are going to sign Malik Monk!

Oh...

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

with him, we still arent. 

We would beat the Pacers, Knicks, Atlanta, Miami, Boston and probably go 7 games with the Bucks.  The Nets would beat us but they would beat nearly anyone.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

so we're back to trading the mvp runner-up :roll:   

let's fire morey & re-hire hinkie while we're at it!  process part II.  what's jakaar sampson doing these days?  :roll:  

He's on the Pacers.  Maybe we go back to their initial offer for Ben and ask for JaKarr as a sweetener.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Golden State? LOL. No. They are done. And Utah won't be a real challenge in the post season as constructed. 

Suns and Lakers on the other hand? Yeah, they're a problem. And then let's see what Kawhi does. 

As for the Sixers -- it's superstar (Dame or Beal) or bust. The only way we can beat Brooklyn is with one of those guys.

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

The Sixers are going to sign Malik Monk!

Oh...

I liked him coming out of college as a shooter, but he's been pretty damn bad in the NBA.

I kind of like how all this is going for a perspective Simmons trade... let all the talent sign and consolidate into a few teams which leaves everyone else to compete for 2nd/3rd tier losers like Simmons. All this should do is increase the demand.

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Golden State? LOL. No. They are done

They had a decent free agency and if Klay comes back to form, he and Steph can always keep them in a game.

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

They had a decent free agency and if Klay comes back to form, he and Steph can always keep them in a game.

Keep them in a game. Sure? Win a championship? NFW. No Durant, no chance.

Plus, let's see if Klay actually can come back after 2 major issues. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I love the Drummond signing for the vet minimum. And not just for the comedy of seeing him and Embiid on the same team. He's an upgrade over Howard.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I love the Drummond signing for the vet minimum. And not just for the comedy of seeing him and Embiid on the same team. He's an upgrade over Howard.

Should be entertaining...

Whatever though for vet min.

• Haha 1