**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Minimum deal per Kyle Neubeck.  I like it.  If it was for real money, I wouldn't but for the min, I'll take it.

same. has a lot more left in the tank than dwight...and looks like he'd enjoy frosty's just as much. 

not a terrible move. 

10 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

We signed Andre Drummond.

Drummond and Embiid as teammates was not something I ever envisioned while watching Embiid take pleasure in torturing him on the court.

Haha.  That's funny.  But I bet embiid will squash all beef and be friends.  That's an awesome backup to have. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

So there’s not a plan, then…

:lol: 

they needed a backup center, so.....yeah, part of the plan!   :flex:  

• Like 1

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

Hell get thrown out of less games than Howard did most likely.

I will not miss Howard's idiotic, unnecessary fouls 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I will not miss Howard's idiotic, unnecessary fouls 

In his defense, the refs were definitely quite quick to T him up. But yeah it got old. 

I think Drummond is about as good as you're going to get for a true backup center for cheap behind Embiid.

• Like 2

Also, if you are a "Ben must go" believer, this should be a good sign for you.  A back up big who can't shoot would suggest Morey isn't planning on having Ben around.

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

In his defense, the refs were definitely quite quick to T him up. But yeah it got old. 

I think Drummond is about as good as you're going to get for a true backup center for cheap behind Embiid.

Agreed with all of this.  

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Also, if you are a "Ben must go" believer, this should be a good sign for you.  A back up big who can't shoot would suggest Morey isn't planning on having Ben around.

Agreed with all of this.  

Amused to see Drummond is a worse career foul shooter than Ben.

As for the signing itself, Drummond for the vet minimum is good in my book. Best you’re going to do for that spot.

Regular season Drummond is a really good player but you don't want him on the court during the playoffs. A solid addition that can start games when Embiid needs rest. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Amused to see Drummond is a worse career foul shooter than Ben.

As for the signing itself, Drummond for the vet minimum is good in my book. Best you’re going to do for that spot.

So they can be accountabilibuddies 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Gay and Bjelica off the PF market. 

Hood to the bucks on a 1 year deal.  Would have been a good add for reliable bench scoring. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My thoughts 

Or they should at least add him which of those suitors he likes and figure out a sign and trade with that team. 

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ring chasers don't come to philly for the vet min :meh: 

That is correct. Cause they know there's no ring here. 

• Like 1

They are comparing Eric Lindros' career here to Ben's on Mike Miss.  What the actual F?  One was a legend and the other a little girl.

Isn't Andre Drummond the dude that used to impale that girl from iCarly?

I know that he's still one of the most efficient rebounders in the league so that's a useful skill. 

patty mills to the nets because of course............

[Wojnarowski] Free agent G Patty Mills has agreed to a two-year, $12M deal with the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Steven Heumann of @CAA_Basketball tells ESPN. Deal includes a player option.