**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maybe Sixers should play skins every game. 

Have to say, for all the pics he posts of his greased arms with veins bulging every offseason, hes gotten extremely unimpressive results after 5 years of training in the NBA. No pecs. barely has abs. Seems to have little love handles... Look by his right hip he has an hourglass figure. wtf?

Maybe he has been in better shape other years. But at least this year it doesnt look like hes even doing that. 

54 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maybe Sixers should play skins every game. 

Won't prevent the shrinkage in real games 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-rumors-ben-simmons-is-ready-to-force-his-way-out-of-the-sixers/ar-AANGOzW?li=BBnbfcL

"One scout I spoke to said they wouldn’t be surprised if Simmons considers not showing up to training camp if he hasn’t been traded."

- @PaoloUggetti on the Ben Simmons situation in Philadelphia pic.twitter.com/PXIc9FCuPA

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) August 23, 2021

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Have to say, for all the pics he posts of his greased arms with veins bulging every offseason, hes gotten extremely unimpressive results after 5 years of training in the NBA. No pecs. barely has abs. Seems to have little love handles... Look by his right hip he has an hourglass figure. wtf?

Maybe he has been in better shape other years. But at least this year it doesnt look like hes even doing that. 

As long as he moves well that is all that matters. In my opinion Giannis got too big especially in the shoulders and he lost shoulder mobility aka why he can't shoot FTs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

As long as he moves well that is all that matters. In my opinion Giannis got too big especially in the shoulders and he lost shoulder mobility aka why he can't shoot FTs 

That's true.  But not only has he lacked dedication to improving his basketball skills.  He has usually at least seemed to stay in great shape.  Now,  that looks questionable as well. 

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-rumors-ben-simmons-is-ready-to-force-his-way-out-of-the-sixers/ar-AANGOzW?li=BBnbfcL

"One scout I spoke to said they wouldn’t be surprised if Simmons considers not showing up to training camp if he hasn’t been traded."

- @PaoloUggetti on the Ben Simmons situation in Philadelphia pic.twitter.com/PXIc9FCuPA

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) August 23, 2021

i can see this turning into a historically bad trade for the sixers, and that's saying something. 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i can see this turning into a historically bad trade for the sixers, and that's saying something. 

That's one hell of a high bar to clear. 

• Like 1

Just milk a little bit more out of Sacramento and get it over with. 

It can't possibly get any better for us the longer this goes on. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vikas83 said:

My wife's parents live about 30 minutes outside of Sacramento, so trust me when I say:

No one is "content" in Sacramento.

I've said it before, the only good thing about Sacramento is that when I saw it, I knew that I was half way on my drive from San Francisco to Tahoe....other than that, it is a city in the middle of no where.

• Like 1

[Landon Buford] Damian Lillard on leaving PDX: "I’m not leaving PDX not right now at least,” Says Lillard.

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

[Landon Buford] Damian Lillard on leaving PDX: "I’m not leaving PDX not right now at least,” Says Lillard.

I'm officially at the "F this dude" part of this saga. I don't know what to say about elite level guys who want to continue playing for **** franchises without a shot at winning at title. If that's what you want out of your career, good riddance. 

Obviously we have our own pile of issues over here, but we also have an Embiid. If you're too scared to burn bridges with your home grown team who is going nowhere fast, stay there and rot. 

14 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I'm officially at the "F this dude" part of this saga. I don't know what to say about elite level guys who want to continue playing for **** franchises without a shot at winning at title. If that's what you want out of your career, good riddance. 

Obviously we have our own pile of issues over here, but we also have an Embiid. If you're too scared to burn bridges with your home grown team who is going nowhere fast, stay there and rot. 

Watch him become available and then go to the Knicks.  It would be so Philly.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Watch him become available and then go to the Knicks.  It would be so Philly.

Quickley and Toppin didn't look pretty good in the summer league. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Rather go with Fox/Halliburton anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

He shot 39% in the midrange last year. Fox makes his money with his speed and ability to finish in traffic around the hoop. 

Screenshot_20210824-132009.png

That description of Fox sounds a lot like Maxey.  I say we keep Maxey and get Buddy + Haliburton + Haliburton's girlfriend or Buddy+ Bagley + two 1sts.

40 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Our pre season games just became a lot more entertaining.

Just be a professional, show up, work hard, and Sixers will trade him. 

Problem is this isn't Houston where fans don't care in the situation with Harden. This is Philly where fans have had months of rage and energy to boo his **** ass the second they see him. 

38 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just be a professional

He is a man child.  He has never been professional.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Our pre season games just became a lot more entertaining.

This could get ugly.

• Haha 1

At this point, Simmons absolutely cannot be on this roster when the season begins. He’s going to be booed mercilessly by the home crowd, and it’s isn’t going to be a good look for the organization. Just cut your losses and take whatever you can get for him and be done with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

At this point, Simmons absolutely cannot be on this roster when the season begins. He’s going to be booed mercilessly by the home crowd, and it’s isn’t going to be a good look for the organization. Just cut your losses and take whatever you can get for him and be done with it. 

It's so stupid. Every day that goes by you lose leverage. If he loses the support of the fans and refuses to play or plays poorly he'll have almost no value.