**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Kings tried to give away Buddy to the Lakers. He absolutely is available, but can we get Haliburton is the question. If they say, we need to take on Barnes you do it. Barnes sliding to the 4 while Tobias rests is playoff versatility piece. I know Barnes is a bad defender but small ball 5 as well with Barnes, Harris Thybulle, Haliburton, Maxey. 

If you are not getting the superstar back get pieces that are versatile. The Clippers basically played Gobert off the floor because of Batum playing the 5.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kings tried to give away Buddy to the Lakers. He absolutely is available, but can we get Haliburton is the question. If they say, we need to take on Barnes you do it. Barnes sliding to the 4 while Tobias rests is playoff versatility piece. I know Barnes is a bad defender but small ball 5 as well with Barnes, Harris Thybulle, Haliburton, Maxey. 

If you are not getting the superstar back get pieces that are versatile. The Clippers basically played Gobert off the floor because of Batum playing the 5.

Not advocating this at the moment, but let say worst case scenario- teams are already pulling their previous offers to lowball us- you end up getting just Hield and Banes,  and trading Ben and Maxey, go do Harris for McCollum. You can still salvage a decent looking lineup out of that.

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

It gets worse:

Oh hell no!!!!!

Not sure the warriors give up all that nor the kings would do that trade without getting moody or kuminga or without taking Harrison Barnes 

D57EE7A4-7AA7-4796-A381-25C7C17A1F7A.jpeg

• Like 2

Ben not going to California would probably be more of a priority for me than best possible compensation at this point.  

Minnesota seems perfect.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ben not going to California would probably be more of a priority for me than best possible compensation at this point.  

Minnesota seems perfect.  

There is a report saying he’d be happy to go to Minnesota you play with russell and Kat

The NBA has become a joke. Now agents can demand that their clients out of a city. So does that mean any future player represented by Rich Paul will not come here. What about any rookies that sign with him do we not draft them?

F Rich Paul. Hopefully Maxey is smart enough to see through the BS. I have to think Embiid has a lot more pull in the locker room than Ben… time for Jo to step in and talk to the kid, hopefully get him to switch agents. 

Say what you want about Embiid, I know he has his critics for certain things, but the dude is loyal and loves Philly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

F Rich Paul. Hopefully Maxey is smart enough to see through the BS. I have to think Embiid has a lot more pull in the locker room than Ben… time for Jo to step in and talk to the kid, hopefully get him to switch agents. 

Say what you want about Embiid, I know he has his critics for certain things, but the dude is loyal and loves Philly. 

I actually feel Bad for embiid cause Ben Simmons never learning to shoot a basketball or develop hurts his ability to win a title. Then Ben acts like a b**** on his way out. Then on top of that the sixers as an organization have made so many mistakes. Like wasted assets and poor spending of cap space. They are very likely going to waste his prime years because of bad ownership, poor front office moves in FA, bad draft decisions and Simmons being a b****

They are going to keep messing around with this guy, the Sacramento deal will be gone too. 

6 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I can believe this.  He doesn't care about basketball.  He barely goes through the motions of his job to get his paycheck.  He can go to a crappy team which is small market and knows he will be out of the spotlight or he can go to a good team and be the 4th fiddle and have little pressure.

Just now, Khani1 said:

I can believe this.  He doesn't care about basketball.  He barely goes through the motions of his job to get his paycheck.  He can go to a crappy team which is small market and knows he will be out of the spotlight or he can go to a good team and be the 4th fiddle and have little pressure.

I think ultimately, that's the kind of team that will give us the best offer, like Sacramento.  A team that would be ecstatic if they just make the playoffs and getting Simmons convinces their fans they traded for a 'superstar'.  I don't see an established contender altering the construction of their team to bring in Ben.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

4th fiddle and have little pressure.

that would be his best bet. That is a tough pill to swallow, to pay that kind of money for a 4th option though

• Like 1

Imagine being not only the laughing stock of the NBA, but for a period of about a month, the entire world.  He was being made fun of by everyone for a short period.  As a human being, how does that not make you angry?  All he cares about is his image.  If that does not motivate you to get better and work on your deficiencies, what will?  He is a head case but is also too cool for school.  Other teams are catching on to this.  Make the Haliburton deal before it's too late and move on.  I wonder if the Kings pulled the Haliburton deal by now?

Source: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article253895548.html

The 76ers were widely believed to be holding out for a chance to acquire Damian Lillard from the Portland Trail Blazers, but Lillard recently said he isn’t leaving Portland, "not right now at least.” As for Sacramento, sources have suggested the 76ers would only be willing to consider an offer that includes De’Aaron Fox or Tyrese Haliburton. The Kings are unlikely to part with either player, but they can offer Buddy Hield, a prolific 3-point shooter who would space the floor for Joel Embiid; Marvin Bagley III, a former No. 2 pick who has yet to reach his potential; and other assets, including multiple first-round draft picks.