**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I don’t think either source cited exists

more made up bullsheet.

it's not an overwhelming return for ben...but it's about what i expect them to get.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Thad can't be traded until Oct 2nd but yes add him please. He would be the perfect 6th man on this team 

Screenshot_20210915-091444.png

51 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would have to wait til October 2nd to trade for Thad. That’s when the Spurs are allowed to deal him according to the trade machine. 

So like another two weeks? I’m good with that. Agree to the trade now and finalize it then. 

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more made up bullsheet.

it's not an overwhelming return for ben...but it's about what i expect them to get.

I mean that is his value in his current state. 

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Perkins is an idiot. 

I love that Klutch is leaking stories that they want all their clients out of Philly and then openly campaigning to get another one in.  

• Like 2

Holy crap.  Wall's contract goes up to 47.3MM in 2022. 

The compensation to take on that contract would have to be insane.  You would need multiple quality players on bargain contracts to even attempt to build a team around Wall and Embiid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Holy crap.  Wall's contract goes up to 47.3MM in 2022. 

The compensation to take on that contract would have to be insane.  You would need multiple players on bargain contracts to even attempt to build a team around Wall and Embiid.

I made that same argument a couple months ago when wall was brought up. His contract increased the following year. It’s going to be somewhat Difficult to match that contract to make a trade and then you have to figure out how to build a roster around his contract 44.3 mil mil contract to then 47.3 mil his last year. I don’t know how the rockets sell a team on two years left on that deal. Could see it next offseason as he’s an expiring contract and team takes that or a team is willing to trade for him and buy him out. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I made that same argument a couple months ago when wall was brought up. His contract increased the following year. It’s going to be somewhat Difficult to match that contract to make a trade and then you have to figure out how to build a roster around his contract 44.3 mil mil contract to then 47.3 mil his last year. I don’t know how the rockets sell a team on two years left on that deal. Could see it next offseason as he’s an expiring contract and team takes that or a team is willing to trade for him and buy him out. 

I very well may be an idiot, but an expiring 47M contract seems sort of enticing to a team not competing that season, does it not? I would think Morey could get Wall now + the assets that it would require with 2 years remaining, but then not have to give up too much to move him next season as a lot of teams may be intrigued with having 47M coming off their books heading into FA? Absolutely insane that this is the conversation surrounding our former 1st overall pick 25 year old All Star player, but here we are. Nobody's fault but his. 

9 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I very well may be an idiot, but an expiring 47M contract seems sort of enticing to a team not competing that season, does it not? I would think Morey could get Wall now + the assets that it would require with 2 years remaining, but then not have to give up too much to move him next season as a lot of teams may be intrigued with having 47M coming off their books heading into FA? Absolutely insane that this is the conversation surrounding our former 1st overall pick 25 year old All Star player, but here we are. Nobody's fault but his. 

Problem is wall is $43 mil this year so if you are getting young players assets means you have to match up salaries to do so. The sixers really have Simmons at $33 mil. So if the rockets give you young players at it gets to $50 mil you have to match that salary which means giving up some players you likely don’t want to give up. 

Add on the rockets are in a complete rebuild. i highly doubt they want to give up draft picks and assets in a trade. They likely want to move him for contracts that matchup and are expiring in the next two years  

A $47 mil expiring contract is valuable. However you still have a year til then and you aren’t likely getting very good assets from the rockets 

• Like 1

[Tom Moore] #NBA source: The #Sixers 'are expecting (Ben Simmons) to play (in 2020-21). The expectation is they will. It's bumpy right now (& the team expects it) to get better.' The #76ers don't plan on making a deal that would drop them back in standings & not getting viable offers

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

[Tom Moore] #NBA source: The #Sixers 'are expecting (Ben Simmons) to play (in 2020-21). The expectation is they will. It's bumpy right now (& the team expects it) to get better.' The #76ers don't plan on making a deal that would drop them back in standings & not getting viable offers

i cant believe how dumb this organization is and im sorry i hope it blows up in their faces because they are absolute morons.

59 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

i cant believe how dumb this organization is and im sorry i hope it blows up in their faces because they are absolute morons.

I disagree......you don't trade him just to do it....you don't trade him for peanuts....I support the team on this one.  F him, let him sit or let him not show and fine his ass.  Then let him come back, be a team player, play angry and show that he can hit a free throw and shoot the ball, then trade his ass to a crappy team in the middle of the country.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

I disagree......you don't trade him just to do it....you don't trade him for peanuts....I support the team on this one.  F him, let him sit or let him not show and fine his ass.  Then let him come back, be a team player, play angry and show that he can hit a free throw and shoot the ball, then trade his ass to a crappy team in the middle of the country.

Also if he doesn’t show up the entire year his contract still has 4 years left on it according to bodner and then spike eskin confirmed that (on the Ricky). The years stay on that contract until he shows up 

17 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Or even better, trade him to f'ing Orlando then he can have "It's a small world...." on repeat in that pea sized brain of his.  God knows that song still terrorizes me from taking my kids to Disney over a decade ago!!!

20 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I disagree with your disagreement. He’s a detriment to the team and you can’t bring him back into the locker room. If all you can get for him is a few protected draft picks, so be it. He needs to go. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

I disagree with your disagreement. He’s a detriment to the team and you can’t bring him back into the locker room. If all you can get for him is a few protected draft picks, so be it. He needs to go. 

i agree that he's a detriment...especially in the playoffs.  but if they trade him for picks, the team gets worse & will move down in the standings. i don't think morey is open to doing something like that....not yet anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i agree that he's a detriment...especially in the playoffs.  but if they trade him for picks, the team gets worse & will move down in the standings. i don't think morey is open to doing something like that....not yet anyway. 

That may be the case. Depends on Maxey’s development from year 1 to 2. Plugging him in as the starting PG will cause a dip defensively but would/should improve the offense. I’m honestly not convinced that they’d see a drop off in the standings. 

I dont know what itll end up looking like. But remember when we made a trade years ago for the 2021 Miami pick and everyone loved that pick because they thought Miami sucked, and 2021 was going to be an incredibly talented draft because high schoolers would be eligible again? That got pushed to 2022.

So this should be a great draft. If we can accumulate picks and still get a solid player like a Sexton or someone on par, you do it. 

There is no more " Win now while Embiid is in his prime." 

The 6ers just told you that they are committed to 6 more years of Embiid's excellence. There should be no rush.