**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I just want Ben out so take what you can get, but the Wolves really have nobody that I would even want. But hey, get rid of Simmons and I’m happy. With everything that’s happened you cannot bring him back into that locker room. 

I mean the Wolves stink, some of these guys put up some stats or have potential but at the end of the day they’re 23-49 with a 7 footer averaging 25-11-5 on 49/39/86 shooting. 3 other guys averaged 19. How is that possible. Malik Beasley just did a jail term. No thanks. 

• Like 1

The more we continue to trash this guy the more ridiculous the "we better at least get three 1s back in that deal" responses sound... can't have it both ways. 

Even Wentz brought back a potential 1st rd pick... this dude is shaping up to bring back lotto protected 1s and bench fodder. What an unbelievable perfect storm of self combusting trade value. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

The more we continue to trash this guy the more ridiculous the "we better at least get three 1s back in that deal" responses sound... can't have it both ways. 

Even Wentz brought back a potential 1st rd pick... this dude is shaping up to bring back lotto protected 1s and bench fodder. What an unbelievable perfect storm of self combusting trade value. 

Agree. I never thought they would get that kind of value for Simmons. At least not now. If they had traded him a couple years ago like many of us said they should…

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Agree. I never thought they would get that kind of value for Simmons. At least not now. If they had traded him a couple years ago like many of us said they should…

I read an article on teams not getting rid of star players before them wanting to get traded gets into the media or hanging on to long for the right deal.

They said it always costs a team dearly when it comes to getting good value back and they don't understand why GMs continue to put themselves in these situations. The GM usually knows the player wants out or is going to want out way before it hits the media but, still sit on the player while he destroys trade value. 

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

this dude is shaping up to bring back lotto protected 1s and bench fodder. What an unbelievable perfect storm of self combusting trade value. 

If that's the case, count me in for the "let him sit and rot for the next 4 years" group. Spite is worth far more than a bench player and a late 1st. 

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Gannan said:

If that's the case, count me in for the "let him sit and rot for the next 4 years" group. Spite is worth far more than a bench player and a late 1st. 

Yep, let him sit and rot......I'm on the Spite Train!!

• Like 1

Windhorst on The Jump has apparently stated that one message Simmons has communicated to the 6ers is- its not his job to fix his trade value. 

Imagine being that dumb. 

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Windhorst on The Jump has apparently started that one message Simmons has communicated to the 6ers is- its not his job to fix his trade value. 

Imagine being that dumb. 

let-him-rot-prison.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Windhorst on The Jump has apparently stated that one message Simmons has communicated to the 6ers is- its not his job to fix his trade value. 

Imagine being that dumb. 

He doesn't think it's his job to fix his jumper either.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im ok with letting him rot on our bench, or better yet in the G League.

But I would still take a Cleveland/Sexton trade. Or even the first trade offer we ever heard reported- Brogdon and a 1st. 

If we cant even get that much, then rot is the best plan.

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im ok with letting him rot on our bench, or better yet in the G League.

But I would still take a Cleveland/Sexton trade. Or even the first trade offer we ever heard reported- Brogdon and a 1st. 

If we cant even get that much, then rot is the best plan.

This 

SI.com article pondering on the curious Markkanen signing in Cleveland floats the idea of Sexton, Markkanen, Osman for Simmons.

That's a homerun that I hope gets offered. 

Markkanen is eligible to be traded on October 27th, so mark that day on your calendar and pray. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

SI.com article pondering on the curious Markkanen signing in Cleveland floats the idea of Sexton, Markkanen, Osman for Simmons.

Markkanen is eligible to be traded on October 27th, so mark that day on your calendar and pray. 

If they are gonna do that trade I’d try to get windler included in that deal. 

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

To think we could have just taken Ingram instead of Ben in that draft…

The thing that’s more frustrating is at LSU and in the summer league after he was drafted he was actually taking midrange jumpers. Not a ton but enough to give you some hope he’d eventually do it more consistently and potentially just be average at it. he decided to shrivel up like a scared **** and not shoot 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The thing that’s more frustrating is at LSU and in the summer league after he was drafted he was actually taking midrange jumpers. Not a ton but enough to give you some hope he’d eventually do it more consistently and potentially just be average at it. he decided to shrivel up like a scared **** and not shoot 

All that aside though, the work ethic concerns were already there even then. 

Just now, nipples said:

All that aside though, the work ethic concerns were already there even then. 

Don’t disagree it definitely was. Just amazes me he was actually more of a willing shooter then. 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t disagree it definitely was. Just amazes me he was actually more of a willing shooter then. 

The odd thing is that Devon Givens and Tyrone Johnson who are somewhat connected to the inside NBA stuff always says Ben works hard and has good work ethic.  They have to be misunderstanding.  If he works hard at the things he can already do (which aren't too many things), that does not mean he is working hard.  If he doesn't take shots during practice, which he obviously does not, how is he working on things he needs to improve on?

48 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

The odd thing is that Devon Givens and Tyrone Johnson who are somewhat connected to the inside NBA stuff always says Ben works hard and has good work ethic.  They have to be misunderstanding.  If he works hard at the things he can already do (which aren't too many things), that does not mean he is working hard.  If he doesn't take shots during practice, which he obviously does not, how is he working on things he needs to improve on?

Personally think Ben is afraid to fail miserably at something Hes not naturally good at but he needs to fail in order to pick himself up and eventually be better for it long term. I think it’s a mentally fragile characteristic of his and it’s the difference between why giannis has flourished and Ben is what he is. Giannis is not afraid to fail to eventually get to where he wants to be. Part of me still believes if he was on orlando where nobody really cares  and they weren’t competing for a title he might actually try to shoot more. I don’t know if he ever would get better at it but i do think like barkley said he’s scared to do it. Especially here in Philly for the backlash he’d face if he failed. Which is his own fault cause imo if he showed just baby steps of improvement every year the majority of fans would actually view him differently (kind of like when the fans cheered on fultz even though he was still bad)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I read that they can't trade him until December

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Personally think Ben is afraid to fail miserably at something Hes not naturally good at but he needs to fail in order to pick himself up and eventually be better for it long term. I think it’s a mentally fragile characteristic of his and it’s the difference between why giannis has flourished and Ben is what he is. Giannis is not afraid to fail to eventually get to where he wants to be. Part of me still believes if he was on orlando where nobody really cares  and they weren’t competing for a title he might actually try to shoot more. I don’t know if he ever would get better at it but i do think like barkley said he’s scared to do it. Especially here in Philly for the backlash he’d face if he failed. Which is his own fault cause imo if he showed just baby steps of improvement every year the majority of fans would actually view him differently (kind of like when the fans cheered on fultz even though he was still bad)

I think he comes from a messed up family - he's right handed and his father forced him to shoot left.   He admitted it in an inteview.  Sounds like his dad is a control freak and probably forced him to play basketball and was on him all the time as a kid.  It was easy to dominate the game for him when he was young, especially in Australia, so he never had to learn how to adapt his game.   Now that it's not working, he's probably so afraid of failure that he mentally can't process it. 

I bet he doesn't even really like playing basketball and is only into being famous, driving Ferarris and dating actresses and models.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1