**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bill Simmons still thinks Haliburton and Heidl can happy. 

No other deals besides big name guys make sense.  This would be the perfect deal for both teams.  Kings already have 2 other great guards who can play offense but need defense.  We get a young stud on a rookie deal with a shooter.

• Like 1

Man...nothing on this thread since Friday....this thread died like us hoping for Ben to learn how to shoot!

Here's one out of Cleveland...

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fcavaliers.png
CAVALIERS GET
BEN SIMMONS

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2F76ers.png
76ERS GET
RICKY RUBIO
CHRISTIAN WOOD
COLLIN SEXTON
2024 FIRST-ROUND PICK

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Frockets.png
ROCKETS GET
TALEN HORTON-TUCKER
ISAAC OKORO
2022 FIRST-ROUND PICK

I'd do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Here's one out of Cleveland...

I'd do it. 

The one @HazletonEagle has been clamouring for since the start of this mess lol. 

Ben Simmons is probably going to end up being the most hated athlete in Philly history.  

Things got rough with Lindros for a bit, but it was largely patched up and never that bad.  TO was fun to hate, but Mcnabb was a bit of a villain in that standoff too…and TO was more crazy than anything else.  JD Drew is worth mentioning, but that’s more of a funny story than anything else.  Wentz just doesn’t register at that level.

I think Simmons has the field lapped.

58 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Ben Simmons is probably going to end up being the most hated athlete in Philly history.  

Things got rough with Lindros for a bit, but it was largely patched up and never that bad.  TO was fun to hate, but Mcnabb was a bit of a villain in that standoff too…and TO was more crazy than anything else.  JD Drew is worth mentioning, but that’s more of a funny story than anything else.  Wentz just doesn’t register at that level.

I think Simmons has the field lapped.

Very similar to Scott Rolen 

The Lindros family basically accused the Flyers of trying to kill him due to medical negligence. He had to have emergency surgery after the Flyers docs allegedly missed him having a collapsed lung and told Clarkie he should fly back to Philly for treatment on his ribs after a game. 

Cant’t believe this clown is still a sixer. Morey needs to stop holding out for some lopsided deal that isn’t going to happen. Just send him to the highest bidder and be done. 

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Well Morey better get off his ass as the 8.9mm Horford exemption expires today........

I'm not optimistic they are going to do anything with it.  I expect they'll let it expire.  I don't like it but I haven't seen anything to suggest a sense of urgency to use it.

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Morey doesnt seem like the type to just take the L

patience, grasshoppers

He's making the bet that the deals currently on the table aren't going anywhere, so it's a free option to see if Lillard shakes loose. Ben is doing everything he can to sabotage his value and force Morey's hand into taking a deal sooner rather than later. 

We'll see who ends up being right, but I'm guessing Morey isn't going to let Ben and Rich Paul force his hand. It is either intelligent or arrogant. 

• Like 2

The Committee liked the Cavaliers' recent acquisition of Lauri Markkanen, even after the Cavs drafted Evan Mobley and re-signed Jarrett Allen, because they added Markkanen on a team-friendly contract that will be easy to trade if needed. This is no small thing when league sources say that Cleveland continues to keep its hat in the ring to try to pry Ben Simmons from the Sixers. Making a deal just to add a theoretical trade asset didn't exactly work with the acquisition of Andre Drummond, since Cleveland was unable to find a subsequent deal to move Drummond on, but its options on Markkanen — keep and develop him or move him later — figure to be more favorable. If only that were the case when it comes to the Cavaliers' Kevin Love conundrum … or the Darius Garland/Collin Sexton backcourt overload.

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

He's making the bet that the deals currently on the table aren't going anywhere, so it's a free option to see if Lillard shakes loose. Ben is doing everything he can to sabotage his value and force Morey's hand into taking a deal sooner rather than later. 

We'll see who ends up being right, but I'm guessing Morey isn't going to let Ben and Rich Paul force his hand. It is either intelligent or arrogant. 

Not mutually exclusive

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Not mutually exclusive

Not at all. 

Better analogy -- Morey is calling Simmons' bluff. Let's see if it was smart when the cards are flipped.

30 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Summons is far too weak mentally to deal with the fans venom if he is still here

i think he is terrified of that

100% agreed.  I said this a couple weeks ago.  He will use it as a "tough guy" act but we really know how much of a bish he is.  Never seen a grown man with his size and ability turtle the way he does.

I cant believe nobody is complaining that Adam Sandler is holding up potential Simmons deals by starring Maxey and Thybulle in his movie. Seems like the type of idea that would be getting screamed about on philly sports radio.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I cant believe nobody is complaining that Adam Sandler is holding up potential Simmons deals by starring Maxey and Thybulle in his movie. Seems like the type of idea that would be getting screamed about on philly sports radio.

billy-madison-shut-up.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1