**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

The Rockets/Morey relationship has killed 2 potential trades for the 76ers. Harden and Paul. At first glance you might think they wont work with the  6ers on a trade.

But, I think they would be willing to ship out the worst contract in the NBA to us. And maybe Wall is enough of a name to satiate Morey's appetite for star power in trades. Wall with like 2 years 90 million left... if I was houston and hated philly Id WANT to send him here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Rockets/Morey relationship has killed 2 potential trades for the 76ers. Harden and Paul. At first glance you might think they wont work with the  6ers on a trade.

But, I think they would be willing to ship out the worst contract in the NBA to us. And maybe Wall is enough of a name to satiate Morey's appetite for star power in trades. Wall with like 2 years 90 million left... if I was houston and hated philly Id WANT to send him here.

I guess its wishful thinking but maybe Wall could resurrect his career on a contending team. 

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I guess its wishful thinking but maybe Wall could resurrect his career on a contending team. 

I thought he was good last year, but can't shoot the 3

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Neither can Ben but he will at least shoot. I think we would be a better team with Wall at the 1 rather than Ben. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Even a shell of himself is an improvement at PG for us but id hope there would be picks involved.  Which would be great picks. 

• Like 1

BTW, Wall makes 44MM compared to Ben's 33MM.  The Sixers would have to include at least Curry's salary or make it a bigger deal and include Harris also to make the money work

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

BTW, Wall makes 44MM compared to Ben's 33MM.  The Sixers would have to include at least Curry's salary or make it a bigger deal deal and include Harris also to make the money work

Would the trade exemption have helped with that?

This entire thing seems botched.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Would the trade exemption have helped with that?

This entire thing seems botched.

No.  The TE couldn't be combined with other salaries. 

If Wall ends up here, I'll hope for the best but it would be sad to think it's come to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

BTW, Wall makes 44MM compared to Ben's 33MM.  The Sixers would have to include at least Curry's salary or make it a bigger deal and include Harris also to make the money work

Well theres no way we should add more to get Wall, so hopefully that settles that and it wont be happening. The prized possession in any hypothetical wall trade would be the draft picks. 

54 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I would take Brogdon and 1st over Wall.

Same.  To make it worth taking on Wall, you’d have to be getting a very good young player on a cheap contract to make it worth it.  Houston doesn’t really have anyone like that on their roster who would fit with the Sixers. I guess they could get someone like that as part of a three team deal where Houston is putting in additional assets to get rid of Wall’s contract and the Sixers use those assets with their own to get this theoretical player from the third team.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I would take Brogdon and 1st over Wall.

I probably would. Depends on the picks offered by Houston.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

That's a very nice offer. 

That’s a really good offer if they got that. Would have to be some fillers by the Spurs to make it work but that’s 3 really good young players. I said the couple weeks ago I thought it made sense for the spurs. Because if it is any coach has any chance of getting the most out of Simmons it is probably Gregg Popovich. Add on they are not gonna be able to go into free agency and sign some with the potential upside (I’m assuming the Spurs still believe that… not me) that Simmons has. I think that’s why they would try to shoot for the stars and hope popvich can get Ben to reach his ceiling. 

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

@HazletonEagle Please drive Ben to the airport immediately. If you can’t, I will fly in from LA and give him a lift. 

That also has to help their leverage with other teams if true.

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I don’t think either source cited exists

Yeah I don't think it's a source.  I see these things all the time on Facebook with "BREAKING" and it's some random source abs just somebody's idea for a trade. 

But,  something to discuss hypothetically. 

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

That's a very nice offer. 

Mentioned this months ago. 

Murray is an elite on ball defender who can give Young, Irving, Harden and others hell. Keldon Johnson is a glue guy as we saw in the Olympics and Walker Is a guy in my opinion until he shows more. I think this gives Morey some ammo to move more pieces for a guy like Buddy. 

If they can squeeze Devin Vassell instead of Walker would be great. A better shooter to fit alongside Embiid. 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s a really good offer if they got that. Would have to be some fillers by the Spurs to make it work but that’s 3 really good young players. I said the couple weeks ago I thought it made sense for the spurs. Because if it is any coach has any chance of getting the most out of Simmons it is probably Gregg Popovich. Add on they are not gonna be able to go into free agency and sign some with the potential upside (I’m assuming the Spurs still believe that… not me) that Simmons has. I think that’s why they would try to shoot for the stars and hope popvich can get Ben to reach his ceiling. 

Add in Thad young and we're good

Also believe Murray is going to take another step next year. While his 3 point % was down he shot 80% from the FT for two years in a row which is a massive improvement from 70% the previous two years. He is an elite rebounder for his size at 7 a game last year and the drop off defense wise will be minimal in my opinion. 

He has some really good game logs from last year and other games where he is inconsistent. To me he a below the rim type athlete but has a 6'10" wingspan at 6'4" to make up for it. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Thad can't be traded until Oct 2nd but yes add him please. He would be the perfect 6th man on this team 

Screenshot_20210915-091444.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Would have to wait til October 2nd to trade for Thad. That’s when the Spurs are allowed to deal him according to the trade machine.