**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I thought he was going to retire after he is waived

He is staying in Spain until the pandemic is over 

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Grizzlies going to waive Marc Gasol. Pick him up cheap?

He is and Grizzlies would have kept him if he didn't want to retire. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, nipples said:

Don’t care about the comps. A dude who is already being considered lazy before even being drafted is never a no-brainer pick. 

don't know where you got lazy from. Entitled sure... that mindset was the one that made him say why the hell would I go to classes when I'm just here to get drafted? Its a little egotistical and concerning for those reasons. Not sure where the "lazy" comment comes from though in terms of predraft analysis. 

58 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

don't know where you got lazy from. Entitled sure... that mindset was the one that made him say why the hell would I go to classes when I'm just here to get drafted? Its a little egotistical and concerning for those reasons. Not sure where the "lazy" comment comes from though in terms of predraft analysis. 

Not putting in the work, regardless of the reason, is lazy. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not putting in the work, regardless of the reason, is lazy. 

right now it is, sure. I was responding to a claim that said he didn't put the work in pre-draft. He looked phenomenal in summer league his rookie year before injury, then post-injury won ROTY. This is one of the most polarizing players we've ever had. But you can't call him lazy when he was one of the most exciting limitless upside players in the league. The laziness came after that as season after season he didn't improve. There wasn't anything lazy about his first 1.5 seasons here. 

MYSTERY TEAM!!! 

Here's what Windhorst reported on the Scoop:

"WINDHORST: You can definitely see why teams would have interest in him, and why small-market teams wouldn't necessarily be able to sign a player like this, like the Wolves, and would have a lot of interest. Because how else are you going to sign a player like this with four years left on his contract?

"[...]

"WINDHORST: I don't mean to be evasive, I've just got to be careful with what I say. I know of at least one other team who is a small-market team, that has made an offer for him and has a lot of interest in him. It just hasn't gotten public yet."

7 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

MYSTERY TEAM!!! 

Charlotte Bobcats are offering Adam Morrison, Emeka Okafor, and Raymond Felton.

I say do the deal. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I say do the deal. 

giphy.gif

This is one of those deals where I feel the pure joy of watching 4 years of Ben Simmon's career go down the drain never to come back while he sits at home, far outweighs the value of those 3 stiffs. 

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I say do the deal. 

Can't say I know anything about those players. Is that a good trade?

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can't say I know anything about those players. Is that a good trade?

It was a not so funny joke.  The Bobcats haven't existed in the NBA for quite a while now.  And all of those players are retired.  Morrison was a huge draft bust. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

right now it is, sure. I was responding to a claim that said he didn't put the work in pre-draft. He looked phenomenal in summer league his rookie year before injury, then post-injury won ROTY. This is one of the most polarizing players we've ever had. But you can't call him lazy when he was one of the most exciting limitless upside players in the league. The laziness came after that as season after season he didn't improve. There wasn't anything lazy about his first 1.5 seasons here. 

He didn't play his rookie year and his shot looked like crap after a year of doing nothing. I call that lazy. 

Donovan Mitchell was the real ROTY,

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

He's not scary Terry anymore.

I didnt realize. I thougth just Kemba had the knee issues. So they replaced Kemba's knees with more bad knees. That sucks.

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I didnt realize. I thougth just Kemba had the knee issues. So they replaced Kemba's knees with more bad knees. That sucks.

I am not even kidding, this was a high mistake.  I was definitely thinking about Kemba.  Disregard all that stuff.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I am not even kidding, this was a high mistake.  I was definitely thinking about Kemba.  Disregard all that stuff.

So trade for Rozier back on. Lets do it.

• Like 1

Charles Bassey and the Philadelphia 76ers continue to engage in a standoff over his contract. Bassey is seeking a multi-year contract with a two-year guarantee. Bassey had that level of offer had he gone undrafted. The 76ers have only been willing to guarantee the first year of a three-year deal.

Philadelphia paid $2 million in cash to acquire the 53rd pick to select Bassey, who was a top-10 recruit in his high school class in 2018. During the lead up to the draft, Bassey's camp signaled he was looking for an NBA contract and not interested in signing a Two-Way deal.

The Sixers gave Isaiah Joe, the 49th pick in the 2020 draft, a three-year, $4.2 million contract, of which the first two years and $2.42 million were guaranteed.

Bassey, however, has been working out the Sixers' training facility in preparation of the coming season.

Bassey has yet to formally sign the one-year, non-guaranteed required tender

get ready for the Simmons/Wall swap

John Wall and the Houston Rockets have begun to work together on a trade and he won't appear in any games with the team in the interim.

Wall is entering his second season with the Rockets. Wall is entering his 12th NBA season and both he and the Rockets recognize each side is in different phases. 

There are no buyout plans on the two years and $91.7 million remaining on his contract.

The plan is for Wall to remain present around the Rockets entering training camp.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

get ready for the Simmons/Wall swap

John Wall and the Houston Rockets have begun to work together on a trade and he won't appear in any games with the team in the interim.

Wall is entering his second season with the Rockets. Wall is entering his 12th NBA season and both he and the Rockets recognize each side is in different phases. 

There are no buyout plans on the two years and $91.7 million remaining on his contract.

The plan is for Wall to remain present around the Rockets entering training camp.

Ha.  I saw that and tried to think of another team looking to move a salary that big before the season.  I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.