**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

OK, I lied and couldn't help myself.  Right out of the gate Glenn gets snarky and snippy with Eskin.  Now I am no Eskin fan, by any stretch.  But Glenn was a D.  I only watched the first 5 mins and will watch the rest later.  

I gave it 3 minutes and Doc was still sucking off Ben. The booooo will start to rain down on Doc soon enough 

Glen was asked what % of the players were vaccinated.  He knew the number but he wouldn't say.  He is such an unlikable dbag

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Glen was asked what % of the players were vaccinated.  He knew the number but he wouldn't say.  He is such an unlikable dbag

I am curious if Morey had trades this offseason and Doc nixed them thinking he could save Ben. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

OK, I lied and couldn't help myself.  Right out of the gate Glenn gets snarky and snippy with Eskin.  Now I am no Eskin fan, by any stretch.  But Glenn was a D.  I only watched the first 5 mins and will watch the rest later.  

I watched the whole thing. When asked for the specific reason why Ben wasn't here , in not so many words said it was because of the fans. 

When asked about what would happen if Ben doesn't show Morey said it's in his CBA what will happen and ended it there. 

Then it was a bunch of talk about Maxey and Joel. 

The very last question they asked about Ben shooting and that he is soft. Doc said a guy that is second running for defensive player of the year isn't soft and the shooting thing is the fans and medias narrative he doesn't care about Ben not shooting. We don't understand how Ben sets everyone up to take 3's and that is important. 

He just wants Ben to get better at the free throw line the other shooting will come in time . 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I am curious if Morey had trades this offseason and Doc nixed them thinking he could save Ben. 

No chance.  They are trying to do damage control now and blame the fans.  They both can go F off as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 1

Tobias Harris, on Philadelphia fans: "If you asked me, the fans, do I think that affects Ben, or has led up to where we're at now? Like, 100%. But every person is different. Some people enjoy fans being that aggressive, or have that much energy, and some don't."

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No chance.  They are trying to do damage control now and blame the fans.  They both can go F off as far as I'm concerned.  

This team and ownership are just brain dead to blame it on the fans, the fans that make this all happen. Same group that wasn't going to pay this employees during the pandemic until Embiid put them in a corner. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Tobias Harris, on Philadelphia fans: "If you asked me, the fans, do I think that affects Ben, or has led up to where we're at now? Like, 100%. But every person is different. Some people enjoy fans being that aggressive, or have that much energy, and some don't."

So Glenn enables Ben and allows him to not shoot the damn ball which causes a collapse in the playoffs and it's the fan base.

Who the hell does he think he is fooling? 

• Like 3

I think this is going to become a thing in all sports...  Athletes are becoming more self-motivated rather than being team-motivated. 

And now it makes sense why these sports teams/owners are investing heavily in eSports.

At first, I didn't get it, at all....   Now, I think 10-20 years from now, especially if graphics become 100% lifelike, I could see videogames replacing professional sports.

It sounds insane, but tell someone from the 1950's- 1970's that no one would care about baseball in the future.

• Like 1

Doc implied Maxey is the starting PG.

Reporter asked if they need to make a trade or what they can do to maybe get another PG here since,  obviously no Ben, and Hill is gone. 

Morey said they love the guys they have. 

No one asked Morey about letting that big trade exception expire.

• Like 1

The fan blaming needs to stop. I didn't pay much attention to it over the last x months, ever since the playoffs ended I guess, because it sounded so f'ing stupid. But continuing to hear literally anything about the fans being lumped in with this **** Simmons, as if they have anything to do with each other is infuriating. Shame on Morey/Glenn for even entertaining those questions/comments and allowing the narrative to sway to that. That is BS.

HOWEVER...

We all see the similarities with Ben right now and how the Wentz situation unfolded. We see how Wentz is doing right now in his new city and how much greener the grass seems to be over there (hint: it isn't). If you think this Ben thing is going to unfold any differently I think you're kidding yourself. Let's give Morey a little time here to weed out the one sucker, the way Howie did with Indy. All it takes is one. And then we'll be looking back at that return 6 months from now saying holy crap, how did we even get THAT for him?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

The fan blaming needs to stop. I didn't pay much attention to it over the last x months, ever since the playoffs ended I guess, because it sounded so f'ing stupid

I watched all 30 min of that damn video. Everytime they brought something up about Ben then all of a sudden fans were brought up. When asked specifically about the fans Glenn said he loves how the fans are here and prefers it this way.

Ok cool he made up for the other BS about that is the specific reason why Ben might not be there. 

Then ends the damn conference, with saying Ben not shooting being a problem is a fan narrative. 

Like F you Glenn! 

14 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

MPJ just agreed to a 5 year contract extension.  Scratch him off the "list".

Meaning now he has a contract that be actually traded. 

But dude is horrific on defense like as bad as Ben is on O. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Meaning now he has a contract that be actually traded. 

But dude is horrific on defense like as bad as Ben is on O. 

He can't be traded for x amount of time now and also he got paid the max.  Hell no!

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"I’m in charge here.” I wonder if he said the same to Simmons while Ben was walking all over him?

• Haha 1

Do the Sixers win the title last year if Jimmy Butler is still there?

Who knew Brett Brown, Ben Simmons, and Bryan Colangelo could have done this much damage?

• Like 1