**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Scotto: I spoke with one agent who reps a player on the 76ers over the weekend. He said, "If they can’t figure it out, the season’s over before it even starts.”

It seems, as of right now, the best Philly can theoretically get for a win-now player in the short-term would be a deal with Portland for CJ McCollum, but Philly has had their eyes on Damian Lillard for a while, and they don’t want to settle.

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Dame is a lot to ask for a stiff like Simmons. Take the McCollum deal and be done with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Dame is a lot to ask for a stiff like Simmons. Take the McCollum deal and be done with it. 

Disagree. The longer this goes the more teams will want him and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bidding war start for him. TWolves clearly want him and sure are a few other teams. 

CJ is literally the last resort move. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Disagree. The longer this goes the more teams will want him and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bidding war start for him. TWolves clearly want him and sure are a few other teams. 

CJ is literally the last resort move. 

Disagree.  6ers have no leverage with him not even showing up to camp,  and presumably games.  He a literal non-asset to us at this point.  Any team offering anything at all would be doing us a favor. They'll all know that. 

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Disagree.  6ers have no leverage with him not even showing up to camp,  and presumably games.  He a literal non-asset to us at this point.  Any team offering anything at all would be doing us a favor. They'll all know that. 

I don't see the CJ offer being pulled off the table. Might as well wait a little and see if Dame or Beal shake loose. 

CJ + Covington + picks would be attractive, but the money doesn't work. 

Just now, vikas83 said:

I don't see the CJ offer being pulled off the table. Might as well wait a little and see if Dame or Beal shake loose. 

Id rather something happen prior to the season. They have the excuse every year of having had no time at all to play together before playoffs. I dont want to wait for another deadline deal. I want it done now. Lillard or Beal arent shaking loose, and neither want to play here either so it doesnt even matter if they shake loose. 

Honestly the best thing that could happen for Simmons trade value is he is on the roster to start this season and they start out hot winning games without him.

Right now, teams know the Sixers just need to get rid of him so they’re coming in low. He definitely isn’t a good enough player to be worth a blockbuster deal, but I’m betting teams are just throwing in offers that are bottom of the barrel to try and get them to make a panic move.  

If they can manage to start off the season playing great, IMO it shows that they don’t need to have as much urgency to move him. They can sit back while he rots on the bench, and teams will need to up their offers a bit if they actually want them to make the move. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Honestly the best thing that could happen for Simmons trade value is he is on the roster to start this season and they start out hot winning games without him.

Right now, teams know the Sixers just need to get rid of him so they’re coming in low. He definitely isn’t a good enough player to be worth a blockbuster deal, but I’m betting teams are just throwing in offers that are bottom of the barrel to try and get them to make a panic move.  

If they can manage to start off the season playing great, IMO it shows that they don’t need to have as much urgency to move him. They can sit back while he rots on the bench, and teams will need to up their offers a bit if they actually want them to make the move. 

If the teams see that they are winning without Ben why would that make them up their offer? Teams aren't going to offer more for a worthless player that helps out the sixers who are already playing well without him. 

6 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Beal isn't getting vaccinated..... That means he can't play games @ the nets and @ the knicks. Plus the California teams. 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If the teams see that they are winning without Ben why would that make them up their offer? Teams aren't going to offer more for a worthless player that helps out the sixers who are already playing well without him. 

Because getting a good offer depends on how much leverage we have.

Playing well proves we arent desperate to move him. Shows we dont need to turn him in to useful pieces that can help us win some games. Because we already win without him.

If we lose tons of games, it only increases our urgency and other teams can take advantage of that.

Winning creates leverage.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Because getting a good offer depends on how much leverage we have.

Playing well proves we arent desperate to move him. Shows we dont need to turn him in to useful pieces that can help us win some games. Because we already win without him.

If we lose tons of games, it only increases our urgency and other teams can take advantage of that.

Winning creates leverage.

I guess, still don't think it's gonna land anything that much better . 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I guess, still don't think it's gonna land anything that much better . 

Well, its Ben Simmons so.... we still arent getting a super star because Simmons isnt good enough to bring one back.

I think adequate deals are out there and need to be done already. I think winning more so allows those offers to stay on the table. Losing, with Ben sitting would probably decrease the offers.

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Teams don't think like that. The offer will come out of no where and be better than we expected. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well, its Ben Simmons so.... we still arent getting a super star because Simmons isnt good enough to bring one back.

I think adequate deals are out there and need to be done already. I think winning more so allows those offers to stay on the table. Losing, with Ben sitting would probably decrease the offers.

Well that will be hard to tell for awhile won't it? In what direction the team will be going?

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well that will be hard to tell for awhile won't it? In what direction the team will be going?

I think  Nips was implying something along the lines of a 5-0 streak to start the season. Or maybe being like 9-1 or something like that. 

On the other side of the coin, starting like 0-5 or, like 2-8....something like that, would be disastrous for our leverage.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think  Nips was implying something along the lines of a 5-0 streak to start the season. Or maybe being like 9-1 or something like that. 

On the other side of the coin, starting like 0-5 or, like 2-8....something like that, would be disastrous for our leverage.

Fair enough, we shall see. I was just asking for the thought process on it from @nipples I wasn't trying to start a your wrong I'm right type nonsense lol.

I usually understand these kinds of things, but, I'm struggling to wrap my head around this one for some reason. Has there ever been anything like this before? I mean yeah there have been issues with guys before but, I don't recall seeing something like this where the player is on a Max contract and is basically useless on offense. I think thats where my hang up is with this whole thing. 

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Fair enough, we shall see. I was just asking for the thought process on it from @nipples I wasn't trying to start a your wrong I'm right type nonsense lol.

I usually understand these kinds of things, but, I'm struggling to wrap my head around this one for some reason. Has there ever been anything like this before? I mean yeah there have been issues with guys before but, I don't recall seeing something like this where the player is on a Max contract and is basically useless on offense. I think thats where my hang up is with this whole thing. 

I would counter and say the whole NBA knows who Simmons is as a player.

A supersized me Draymond Green that would operate best with a big man that hangs around the 3 point line more than back to the basket or even him play the five and shooters around him. Whether Sixer fans like it or not, he still has that star potential to him, 2 All Star appearances and multiple Defensive teams to his name. 

Sixers may not get a superstar but they definitely can get a better package than CJ. 

TWolves just make the most sense to me because Simmons and KAT will play well together. Tons of space for Simmons to work, play a pick and roll together better than Joel and Ben, and KAT got his defensive stopper and playmaker. Now what can Morey get out of the TWolves is the question. 

I bet the Russell trade is probably on the table if not close. 

Now if TWolves start out slow we might be able to get Edwards. New ownership, always wants to make a splash. 

Screenshot_20210929-224216.png

Screenshot_20210929-223947.png

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I would counter and say the whole NBA knows who Simmons is as a player.

A supersized me Draymond Green that would operate best with a big man that hangs around the 3 point line more than back to the basket or even him play the five and shooters around him. Whether Sixer fans like it or not, he still has that star potential to him, 2 All Star appearances and multiple Defensive teams to his name. 

Sixers may not get a superstar but they definitely can get a better package than CJ. 

TWolves just make the most sense to me because Simmons and KAT will play well together. Tons of space for Simmons to work, play a pick and roll together better than Joel and Ben, and KAT got his defensive stopper and playmaker. Now what can Morey get out of the TWolves is the question. 

I bet the Russell trade is probably on the table if not close. 

Now if TWolves start out slow we might be able to get Edwards. New ownership, always wants to make a splash. 

Screenshot_20210929-224216.png

Screenshot_20210929-223947.png

Ick to both but less ick on the 2nd trade....

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Ick to both but less ick on the 2nd trade....

People can't say Ben sucks Ben sucks then expect some amazing package back for him. 

Beasley is a knockdown shooter and Russell allows Maxey to go back to a more natural role for him as a slasher and scorer aka Sexton. 

Other trade you get one of the most exciting players in the NBA who is only 20, has grown to 6'6" and loves to put in the work. And Pat Bev who is a great back up G and defender 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

People can't say Ben sucks Ben sucks then expect some amazing package back for him. 

Beasley is a knockdown shooter and Russell allows Maxey to go back to a more natural role for him as a slasher and scorer aka Sexton. 

Other trade you get one of the most exciting players in the NBA who is only 20, has grown to 6'6" and loves to put in the work. And Pat Bev who is a great back up G and defender 

I like the second trade much better than the first tbh. I despise Russell. I think Minnesota would like to unload Beasley in any deal for Simmons simply cause he’s a headache off the court and a distraction. 

[Grimm via Fischer] "Multiple team officials B/R contacted mentioned the possibility of a Nets-76ers blockbuster that would swap Irving for the disgruntled Ben Simmons, citing a natural solution for the league's two buzziest controversies.”

abandonthread.gif.3f826f505e14aadfbb7dead7c31a0b10.gif

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

abandonthread.gif.3f826f505e14aadfbb7dead7c31a0b10.gif

That would go well considering Irving said he would retire if he got traded lol

• Like 1