**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, mayanh8 said:

Jokic averages the same amount of 3's as Embiid so it's not like this is some whacked out concept. 

They are not at all remotely the same players. Joker one of the best passing and playmaking bigs ever, while Joel is the most dominant big man since Shaq. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

This is just insane. His "game" doesn't work with playing with the best center in the league. Like... get this baby out of here yesterday. What else do you need to hear from this idiot?

Yet there are people that think it's a good idea to keep him and just not play him for 4 yrs.

He is saying this sheet now can you imagine the kind of sheet he will say sitting on the bench for an entire year? That dude would rip this whole franchise apart. 

It would be fun to F him over and make.him never play again for that long but, you are not doing your team any favors keeping this cancerous piece of crap here. Every day that goes by he gets worse. He won't stop till he really is worth nothing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Basically what bodner and hofman have been saying for weeks now about when the deal would happen. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yet there are people that think it's a good idea to keep him and just not play him for 4 yrs.

He is saying this sheet now can you imagine the kind of sheet he will say sitting on the bench for an entire year? That dude would rip this whole franchise apart. 

It would be fun to F him over and make.him never play again for that long but, you are not doing your team any favors keeping this cancerous piece of crap here. Every day that goes by he gets worse. He won't stop till he really is worth nothing. 

The Sixers could technically ensure that he never plays again. Its not like he can just sit out for 4 years. Its 4 years of service. So if he sat out this year and reported next year, its 4 years from when he reports.

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The Sixers could technically ensure that he never plays again. Its not like he can just sit out for 4 years. Its 4 years of service. So if he sat out this year and reported next year, its 4 years from when he reports.

Still, I don't see it really being worth it. 

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

In theory, yes.  I think those calling for him to rot on the bench basically are saying not to give into his blackmail and simply wait until an acceptable trade offer comes in which likely would have toward the end of this year or beginning of next year.  I don't think anybody realistically expects him to literally rot for 4 years or more, although it is an interesting concept.

22 hours ago, Gannan said:

Its more glaring when you see it with a guard

main-qimg-4f6ecb4fccae3e32968c3852c08bed

That’s just embarrassing to look at. 

It’s just crazy that this guy has had every opportunity to become one of the greats and he just doesn’t care enough to put in the effort. It’s kind of a slap in the face to all those guys who don’t have a fraction of Ben’s natural ability but work their asses off just to stay in the league. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Procus said:

In theory, yes.  I think those calling for him to rot on the bench basically are saying not to give into his blackmail and simply wait until an acceptable trade offer comes in which likely would have toward the end of this year or beginning of next year.  I don't think anybody realistically expects him to literally rot for 4 years or more, although it is an interesting concept.

I don't think that happens either. He will be moved by the trade deadline in all likelihood. Just pointing out that the Sixers do in fact have leverage here. 

I may have known this and just forgot but, I was watching an video on Ben and they talked about his GPA in college. 

Basically the dumb lazy ass had 1.8 GPA and when asked about his grades being poor he said that school work is a waste of time.since he is going to the NBA... 

Even guys that came.out of highschool went back to.school for a degree guys that were 1 and done have still finished their education. 

This is one of the few or maybe the only one I recall not giving a flying sheet about school.Even suspending him for a game because of his grades didn't do anything for him 

So yeah I don't think he is going to care if he sits just as long as he doesn't have to face this fan base again. 

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I don't think that happens either. He will be moved by the trade deadline in all likelihood. Just pointing out that the Sixers do in fact have leverage here. 

Sixers have the leverage but by not trading him you are just wasting Embiid's years. 

I think the TWolves, Spurs, Kings, and a surprise team or two are going to all want him in two months.

Really by him not playing his stock is rising and we are getting more value for him everyday this continues. Teams will forget 30% from the FT line, taking 3 shots in the 4th quarter, passing an open dunk, and dream that THEY are the team to turn him into a world beater. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I may have known this and just forgot but, I was watching an video on Ben and they talked about his GPA in college. 

Basically the dumb lazy ass had 1.8 GPA and when asked about his grades being poor he said that school work is a waste of time.since he is going to the NBA... 

Even guys that came.out of highschool went back to.school for a degree guys that were 1 and done have still finished their education. 

This is one of the few or maybe the only one I recall not giving a flying sheet about school.Even suspending him for a game because of his grades didn't do anything for him 

So yeah I don't think he is going to care if he sits just as long as he doesn't have to face this fan base again. 

I'll vouch for him here in that for a player of his caliber, college was stupid and a waste of time. He really is only on campus for 6 to 9 months and because of the antiquated rules he had to go. 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'll vouch for him here in that for a player of his caliber, college was stupid and a waste of time. He really is only on campus for 6 to 9 months and because of the antiquated rules he had to go. 

I understand that and for most it is a waste. Why be so smug about it though? Do your school work while you are there and move on. He didn't care about even playing basketball for that 1 year he was only there because he couldn't go straight from high school.

How much more did they need to see he didn't give a sheet about anything. 

Just shows a lack of work ethic on more then just basketball. Just another red flag to me. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I understand that and for most it is a waste. Why be so smug about it though? Do your school work while you are there and move on. He didn't care about even playing basketball for that 1 year he was only there because he couldn't go straight from high school.

Just shows a lack of work ethic on more then just basketball. Just another red flag to me. 

His play on the court at LSU should have been a red flag, not his lack of caring about going to "school". Every 5 star plays school every year in basketball and football. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not to mention that he picked his college solely on the fact that his uncle was an assistant coach there. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

His play on the court at LSU should have been a red flag, not his lack of caring about going to "school". Every 5 star plays school every year in basketball and football. 

I know I said that the basketball was the red flag I'm just saying he apparently didn't give a sheet about either and that's says something about him too. 

I'm also saying that lots of those guys still got good grades or went back to get a degree. Usually guys like that strive for excellence in everything they do. This is just another piece that points to him not caring about being excellent at anything. 

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who gives a damn?  At that point he will be a joke to his teammates and the league (as if he isn't already). 

25 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Not to mention that he picked his college solely on the fact that his uncle was an assistant coach there. 

Meaning he got paid 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Honestly i had class with salim stoudamire. Dude never came to class. The one time he did, he asked my best friend and I if we had a test that day. We said no and he bailed. We never saw him again. Also luke Walton stayed four years and was high every single day on campus and just hung out at the student union and never went to class. 

theres a lot who do care and take school seriously. However there’s a lot that don’t care and waste that opportunity. Rondae Hollis-jefferson and McConnell i know loved going to class and learning. I believe RHJ finished his degree a couple summers ago. But i also know Aaron gordon, Stanley Johnson didn’t care all that much cause they were going pro after a year. And they passed classes with "help”. Also was told ayton really didn’t go to class and once everything hit the fan he stopped all together. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know I said that the basketball was the red flag I'm just saying he apparently didn't give a sheet about either and that's says something about him too. 

I'm also saying that lots of those guys still got good grades or went back to get a degree. Usually guys like that strive for excellence in everything they do. This is just another piece that points to him not caring about being excellent at anything. 

He cares about PUBG

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly i had class with salim stoudamire. Dude never came to class. The one time he did, he asked my best friend and I if we had a test that day. We said no and he bailed. We never saw him again. Also luke Walton stayed four years and was high every single day on campus and just hung out at the student union and never went to class. 

theres a lot who do care and take school seriously. However there’s a lot that don’t care and waste that opportunity. Rondae Hollis-jefferson and McConnell i know loved going to class and learning. I believe RHJ finished his degree a couple summers ago. But i also know Aaron gordon, Stanley Johnson didn’t care all that much cause they were going pro after a year. And they passed classes with "help”. Also was told ayton really didn’t go to class and once everything hit the fan he stopped all together. 

I mean Rose failed his SAT test 3 times and rumors that Eric Bledsoe didn't know how to read going to Kentucky.

Basketball and football will always trump school at these places and donors will make sure their teams stay competitive as much as they can. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean Rose failed his SAT test 3 times and rumors that Eric Bledsoe didn't know how to read going to Kentucky.

Basketball and football will always trump school at these places and donors will make sure their teams stay competitive as much as they can. 

I believe the story was rose didn’t even take his SAT to get him in. They caught him partially cause it was nuts when his score jumped as high as it did. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe the story was rose didn’t even take his SAT to get him in. They caught him partially cause it was nuts when his score jumped as high as it did. 

I wonder what the numbers or averages are on players that excelled in class and on the field/court and how that translated to longer more successful careers in the pros. Look at the best basketball players of all time or even now.

Durant, Kobe, lebron, Jordan all went back to school or had really good grades in school. All known to be extremely intelligent