**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

OMG SHUT UP 

I can't stand her 

She’s definitely annoying. Her "excited” voice is grating. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

She’s definitely annoying. Her "excited” voice is grating. 

I’d rather have Joe Buck calling sixers games 

Embiid needs to stop those terrible shots early in the clock. hes trying to shoot away the lead or something. How can he still be such a low IQ player this far in to his career?

Detroit is only 1-7 now, but still a gutty win to go on the road for a back to back with 8 players and win.

• Like 1

Just realized Maxey logged 44 minutes.  Nice to have young legs to tow the load during rough times. Had a good game to boot.

• Like 1

Just now, rambo said:

Just realized Maxey logged 44 minutes.  Nice to have young legs to tow the load during rough times. Had a good game to boot.

He was a run stopper on a few occasions.  Picked his spots at important times.  

I'm very impressed with Maxey.  Also, in tonight's post game interview he mentioned Sam Cassell which I believe is at least the third time in different interviews that I've heard him mention Cassell.  Sam is a great mentor for a kid like Maxey. 

I bet Ben is jealous at how much love the fanbase already has for Maxey. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

I'm very impressed with Maxey.  Also, in tonight's post game interview he mentioned Sam Cassell which I believe is at least the third time in different interviews that I've heard him mention Cassell.  Sam is a great mentor for a kid like Maxey. 

I bet Ben is jealous at how much love the fanbase already has for Maxey. 

Ben will say they never gave him the opportunity to get as good as maxey

No Simmons, Harris out for an extended time, Green seemingly with one foot in grave.....and this team is still winning.  Pretty impressive to say the least and they have so much more room to improve.  Trade Simmons, at this point I'd just take McCollum straight up.  Get Tobias back healthy.  Move Green to coaching and get Embid new balls!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

No Simmons, Harris out for an extended time, Green seemingly with one foot in grave.....and this team is still winning.  Pretty impressive to say the least and they have so much more room to improve.  Trade Simmons, at this point I'd just take McCollum straight up.  Get Tobias back healthy.  Move Green to coaching and get Embid new balls!!

I think Jo’s knee is bothering him a lot. He seems hesitant to explode to the rim. 

But I agree overall. This is a nice deep team. Last night was just the Pistons but you didn’t even mention that Kork was also out, so missing two starters (I don’t even consider Ben part of the team anymore, so not going to say three), and one of their top rotation guys. 

Ive been critical of Doc, and still am for some things, but have to give him some credit for a minute. From the sound of it he’s the one who was pushing to bring in Niang, and I’m sure he was probably lobbying for Drummond as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I think Jo’s knee is bothering him a lot. He seems hesitant to explode to the rim. 

But I agree overall. This is a nice deep team. Last night was just the Pistons but you didn’t even mention that Kork was also out, so missing two starters (I don’t even consider Ben part of the team anymore, so not going to say three), and one of their top rotation guys. 

Ive been critical of Doc, and still am for some things, but have to give him some credit for a minute. From the sound of it he’s the one who was pushing to bring in Niang, and I’m sure he was probably lobbying for Drummond as well. 

Joel is definitely 65%, at best, to the eye test.  His shots look labored and the lower body kink is definitely affecting even his short range jumpers.  If not for huge contributions from the bench and promoted starters, this record looks nowhere near as good.  

Moreover, there’s such an obvious boost in chemistry with Ben out of the lineup, it’s not even funny.

Regular season Drummond is a monster and if Sixers were smart they would just rest Embiid for a week or two. I wouldn't do it until Harris is back though. 

I would like to see them tinker with Niang at the 5 and Harris at the 4 during the season as well. 

• Like 3

I agree Jo is playing when he should be sitting but some of his struggles are mental and decision making mistakes too. At the Bulls game, more than once you could see them doubling him with Lonzo off of Curry at the top of the key. It should have been a no brainer to kick it to Curry for an open 3 but instead he forced a midrange fade away while doubled. Maybe his slow shooting start has him pressing but he has to make better decisions when he has the option.

Have to wonder how much it’s crushing Ben’s fragile ego to see this team currently at #1 in the East without him. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think we all saw this coming after the most recent leak.

Nice.  I was hoping they wouldn't simmer the pot with this mental recovery stuff.  Keep that heat turned up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Good for them.  It's a disgrace what he is doing.  Complete dirtbag move.  

• Like 1

Honest question, and no way this happens -- but could they assign him to the Blue Coats?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Good he deserves it. the Sixers should send him for an Independent Medical Exam with their own Psychiatrist. 

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Good for them.  It's a disgrace what he is doing.  Complete dirtbag move.  

It really is.  I know mental illness is seen as "woke talk" but athletes (just like regular folks) suffer from it, and this guy is using it as a loophole to continue holding out.

That's why I was happy when Morey publicly said "We're giving Ben everything he needs to get back."   It set up the chess pieces to argue that the FO made the attempt to help and that Ben is rejecting that attempt. 

• Like 3