**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He plays in the city that dudes have been struggling with mental health and have been public about getting help with Lane and Brandon Brooks. He is once again doing himself no favors. 

I don't know why.....but his issue feels contrived to me.  Call me insensitive or an A Hole.  But something doesn't smell right with that one.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know why.....but his issue feels contrived to me.  Call me insensitive or an A Hole.  But something doesn't smell right with that one.  

It's because his mental issues appeared the second he stopped getting paid and didn't get his way being traded.

1 minute ago, rambo said:

It's because his mental issues appeared the second he stopped getting paid and didn't get his way being traded.

I was talking about Lane Johnson.  

Obviously, Ben Simmons is full of ish.  That goes without saying.

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I was talking about Lane Johnson.  

Obviously, Ben Simmons is full of ish.  That goes without saying.

Oh missed that.  I thought Lane was pretty open about it.  Those meds are delicate balance.  Coming off them or the wrong combination can really exasperate the persons issues.  I've seen it first hand with my nephew.  He was diagnosed with depression and bipolar after quite a few violent and suicidal episodes.  First meds they put him on had him hearing voices and becoming suicidal.  Brother took him off and he'd have violent outbursts.  Finally they got him on something that works and he's been great for a few years now.  I can sympathize with mental health issues and Lane seemed genuine and honest about it.  Ben otoh is full of crap and I hope he goes down in flames.

• Like 1

Ben Simmons isn't full of crap about having mental health issues..... His behavior is classic anxiety avoidance and he obviously has a Fed up family.

He's full of crap about getting help for it.

There's a difference.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Ben Simmons isn't full of crap about having mental health issues..... His behavior is classic anxiety avoidance and he obviously has a Fed up family.

He's full of crap about getting help for it.

There's a difference.

There are 2 different aspects he is avoiding. 

1. Performance related tasks

I think his issues with picking up his dribble, avoiding the FT line, and avoiding shooting are things that can be helped by a sport psychologist. But there are sometimes mental barricades in sports that dont really add up to a true mental illness. I think you can be a completely healthy person and have some performance anxiety. 

I dont think his sports performance issues really qualify as a mental illness. 

2. Fear of repercussions/ facing fans after he has pissed them off

As far as avoiding fans and not wanting to play for the team, that seems more like he is just spoiled, coddled, and doesnt have the mental acuity to know how to cope when things arent just perfectly laid out for him to do whatever the F he wants on his own terms. 

So to me, it boils down to neither avoidance scenario being caused by a true mental illness. I think he is not mentally ill. And it only got used as an excuse when he was shocked he actually wasnt getting paid. And then he still wasnt getting paid even after he showed up. So this was their last resort to recoup some of that money. It was the only loophole in the CBA that they could use to get him paid. 

To your point about his family, I buy that. I think his upbringing has instilled a whole host of negative personality traits. But being an entitled wuss also isnt mental illness. 

• Thanks 1

The Bulls have such an awesome starting 5. But our bench has outscored theirs 21-4 at halftime. Even delpeted as it has given up 2 players to the starting lineup for Harris and Green, our bench is running circles around theirs. And we hold a 14 point lead. 

It pays to be deep.

Never needed to turn Simmons and the rest of our depth in to 1 super star. Just need to strengthen the roster with more good players.

• Like 1

another game where we can't finish. we're still up 4 but this momentum has changed a lot. we are so stagnate on offense now. every shot the bulls attempt they make

• Like 1

We need Maxey and Curry stepping up in these spots. If the team isnt going to move the ball, then it should be our best ISO scorers taking the shots.

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Ugh.... That screech she made during that Embiid play.... 

I had to turn Tom McGinnis on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Yeah.  I have just seen/heard highlights and it’s a hard no for me.  When I get that crew on NBATV, it’s gonna have to be muted.  

jesus christ. F off to the bench Embiid.

2 handed rim rocker. God shes annoying in her delivery

6 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I was in the bathroom dropping a duce and just heard her screeching Matisse Thybulle.... Scared the sheet right out of me

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

New court

DA08F324-7F91-4264-94D4-29F0BA0E16F2.jpeg

8BBABC84-DF74-48A1-8F07-EF09F1BCA83B.jpeg

B6FC0C11-73EC-4994-A4BD-19F8D2292806.jpeg

I’m liking it and those uniforms.  Hell of lot better than the boathouse row ones from last year.  But why do the Sixers have to come with a new uniform every year?

Freaking Seth curry is turning into his bro late in his career. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we just have no offensive plays down the stretch. always playing behind the perimeter 

Embiid is shooting us out of this game. 

Just now, GroundAttack said:

we just have no offensive plays down the stretch. always playing behind the perimeter 

ending up with a sluggish Embiid ISO where he fades away and leaves it short cause he has no legs.