**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Those city jerseys last year sucked because at first glance, and especially to anyone not familiar with Philly, you couldnt exactly tell what the hell that design was. And, that landmark isnt exactly in Philly.

On the other hand, I saw it on a hat someone was wearing the other day. And I didnt notice any 76ers logo on it or anything. It was just a black hat with the lights on it. It almost represents Philly in general more than any particular team. I think he was wearing it with an eagles shirt, or it could have been Phillies. Either way... it just kinda worked. It shows Philly fandom moreso than support for any one team. I kinda liked that versatility it brought. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Honestly think this team is better without Simmons. 

I understand that Morey probably wants Dame but I'm at the point where it's getting harder for me to depart with Maxey.  If we can keep Maxey and ship Ben for CJ or Hield + Haliburton we would be crazy deep; scoring all over the place. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

image1.jpg.f8e2ff2c53dd6b54fabe8fe94ddbaee7.jpg

philadelphia-76-ers.jpg

Yeah.  I know what those are.  Didn’t realize they were "city” uniforms.  

20 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Another Portland loss tonight.  Dame putting up AI type shooting efficiency. 

image.thumb.png.7ea4c1e938013ae5c8afa2a6004695b9.png

I know Josh lloyd (who is more known for his podcast and fantasy basketball) has said he’s heard from his sources that he’s going to need to have abdominal surgery from the strain he re-suffered in the Olympics. Im surprised he didn’t have that surgery after the Olympics. He hurt it originally late Jan and feb. And he re-injured it again during the Olympics. 

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Those city jerseys last year sucked because at first glance, and especially to anyone not familiar with Philly, you couldnt exactly tell what the hell that design was. And, that landmark isnt exactly in Philly.

On the other hand, I saw it on a hat someone was wearing the other day. And I didnt notice any 76ers logo on it or anything. It was just a black hat with the lights on it. It almost represents Philly in general more than any particular team. I think he was wearing it with an eagles shirt, or it could have been Phillies. Either way... it just kinda worked. It shows Philly fandom moreso than support for any one team. I kinda liked that versatility it brought. 

I thought Simmons helped develop those jerseys. 

• Like 1

Tonight’s goal should be build a first half lead so Joel doesn’t have to play at all or very many minutes in the second half. We will need him fresh for Saturday. 

Hawks have just too many players to keep everyone happy. 

I wonder what the Hawks would want to get Cam Reddish or make a 3 team trade to get a guard and Reddish. 

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Tonight’s goal should be build a first half lead so Joel doesn’t have to play at all or very many minutes in the second half. We will need him fresh for Saturday. 

I wouldn't play Joel tonight. 

• Like 2

Celtics holding a players only meeting 7 games into the season after Smart put Tatum and Brown on blast for never passing the ball.  Warms the cockles of heart.

BTW Celtics, we have a guy who only passes the ball on offense if you're interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, rambo said:

Celtics holding a players only meeting 7 games into the season after Smart put Tatum and Brown on blast for never passing the ball.  Warms the cockles of heart.

BTW Celtics, we have a guy who only passes the ball on offense if you're interested.

They need a lead guard more than Sixers do but keep trading or signed guards that want to shoot. Irving, Rozier, Schroder. 

Smart just wants to get his shots in as well, but unfortunately for him he sucks worse than Tatum and Brown. 

Celtics are a dumpster fire and just might miss the playoffs. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

They need a lead guard more than Sixers do but keep trading or signed guards that want to shoot. Irving, Rozier, Schroder. 

Smart just wants to get his shots in as well, but unfortunately for him he sucks worse than Tatum and Brown. 

Celtics are a dumpster fire and just might miss the playoffs. 

That would be awesome, but I don't think with Tatum and Brown that will happen.  That should be enough to get them to the 8th seed in the East.

Although looking at it now the East isn't as bad as it has been.  Bucks, Sixers, Nets, Knicks, Miami, Bulls, Atlanta, Toronto are good squads.  Then you have the Wizards and Cleveland playing decent ball right now.  They could find themselves in a dog fight for a bottom playoff seed if they don't figure things out.

11 minutes ago, rambo said:

That would be awesome, but I don't think with Tatum and Brown that will happen.  That should be enough to get them to the 8th seed in the East.

Although looking at it now the East isn't as bad as it has been.  Bucks, Sixers, Nets, Knicks, Miami, Bulls, Atlanta, Toronto are good squads.  Then you have the Wizards and Cleveland playing decent ball right now.  They could find themselves in a dog fight for a bottom playoff seed if they don't figure things out.

They were the 7 seed last year and multiple teams have improved so far. An early prediction of the East:

Heat, Bucks, Nets, Sixers, Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Hornets, Wizards, Raptors, Celtics 

They could definitely miss the playoffs. 

I even forgot the Cavs who have struck gold with Mobley and could be the next KG. Kid is the good already. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They were the 7 seed last year and multiple teams have improved so far. An early prediction of the East:

Heat, Bucks, Nets, Sixers, Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Hornets, Wizards, Raptors, Celtics 

They could definitely miss the playoffs 

I don't see the Hornets in there yet.  I don't think they have the horses to contend all season.  Of course I haven't watched them yet to judge, but looking at their roster I don't see any needle movers (Ball is promising but not there yet).

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I wouldn't play Joel tonight. 

I was wondering if that was the plan with Drummond only getting  just under 14 minutes yesterday.  Save Drummond to go off on his former team and give Joel some rest? 

It's so nice to even have this option. 

44 minutes ago, rambo said:

I don't see the Hornets in there yet.  I don't think they have the horses to contend all season.  Of course I haven't watched them yet to judge, but looking at their roster I don't see any needle movers (Ball is promising but not there yet).

Ball is averaging 19ppg, 6 rebounds, 6 assists on 40% from 3 on 7 attempts and Miles Bridges has taken his game to the next level. Rozier just got back healthy so another weapon. Always forget about Hayward as well who is just steady. 

I definitely see them fighting for a 7 to 10 seed this year. 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm actually in the minority of people who liked the boathouse row design last year. Thought it was cool. I don't care that non-philly people wouldnt recognize boathouse row as "philly" (Unless they watched Always Sunny and noticed it in the intro I guess)

Have to disagree though the landmark is definitely in philly. Where else would that be considered? Its literally right next to the Art Museum which is like the most philly thing ever because of Rocky.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'm actually in the minority of people who liked the boathouse row design last year. Thought it was cool. I don't care that non-philly people wouldnt recognize boathouse row as "philly" (Unless they watched Always Sunny and noticed it in the intro I guess)

Have to disagree though the landmark is definitely in philly. Where else would that be considered? Its literally right next to the Art Museum which is like the most philly thing ever because of Rocky.

Also the boathouse row is almost always showed when any Philly pro sport has a primetime game for years. People may not know what it is when it's showed but, it gets a lot of airtime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Also the boathouse row is almost always showed when any Philly pro sport has a primetime game for years. People may not know what it is when it's showed but, it gets a lot of airtime. 

I have in-laws from Western PA and the mid west who would purposely take the Schuylkill Express way to come visit us even though 476 would save them a little bit of time.  They did this to see the city lights and in particular Boathouse Row.  They didn't mind crawling on the Schuylkill because they liked the scenery.  Weird to me but to each their own.  . 

11 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Not good 

Apparently Isaiah Joe is also positive now,  and everyone is getting tested.