**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Embiid has a lot of backing up to do when we play the Nets again.  Durant is gonna be coming hard.

well, Durant did that when the Nets won in Philly. It was Durant who had to back it up, and Embiid got the retaliation in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

well, Durant did that when the Nets won in Philly. It was Durant who had to back it up, and Embiid got the retaliation in. 

Exactly 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

As long as he doesn't cry if the Nets eliminate us.  He can dish it as long as he can take it.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s obvious we need to not have doc coaching 

The rotations were even more baffling and flat out bizarre defensive matchups, Kork was guarding Durant at one point. And he still did the annoying Toe-bias and 4 bench guys thing.

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

The rotations were even more baffling and flat out bizarre defensive matchups, Kork was guarding Durant at one point. And he still did the annoying Toe-bias and 4 bench guys thing.

Also have Maxey caught fire he took him out, just to put him back in a couple minutes later.

Mills was wide open all night who is shooting 43% from 3 but, couldn't make one to save his life in this game. That was the difference. 

Good win but, still lots of cleaning up to do. 

• Like 1

I knew our defense would suffer without Simmons.......but we suck on defense.  But the flip side, every shot, every drive that Maxey does, especially from 3.....I go.....F you Simmons lol

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 7:24 PM, NYEagle said:

Looking at the next 20 games.....these f'ers better go 15-5............

Getting there......

Joel and Maxey had another joint PC last night,  and he told Maxey he was excellent,  and that's how you respond to criticism. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Joel and Maxey had another joint PC last night,  and he told Maxey he was excellent,  and that's how you respond to criticism. 

Exactly.  Gotta be able to shoot straight from both sides if you want your criticisms to hold water and not come off as gratuitous slander.

46 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Maxey has a nice looking shot too - it looks so smooth.  

Dude was on fire with that corner 3.  Looked like it was going in right off his hands.

You can tell his confidence is rising too.  He has attempted a few 3 pointers that are 3 feet behind the line.  That means he is putting the work in.  Once he can find the exact formula for playing with Embiid, it's going to be so much fun to watch.  Meanwhile, we have "I'm a fn all-star" who just drags this team down.

16 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I love it, but man Embiid is the fakest "tough guy".  Dude always backs down.  I'd love for him to get right back into Durants face and not laugh about it.  He's so much bigger and stronger than most players.  Yet whenever there is an altercation, he seems afraid of what it might lead to.  

I agree, that they better be able to back it up the next time they play.  Because we know, Durant will.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

You can tell his confidence is rising too.  He has attempted a few 3 pointers that are 3 feet behind the line.  That means he is putting the work in.  Once he can find the exact formula for playing with Embiid, it's going to be so much fun to watch.  Meanwhile, we have "I'm a fn all-star" who just drags this team down.

I really like that him and Embiid have been doing those joint press conferencs after games, and laughing it up. Thats how Joel and Jimmy were. Really fun duo to watch goof around together after games. 

Seeing that relationship grow between Embiid and Maxey means Maxey will be growing more comfortable with him- and in turn- not deferring quite as much in games. And, Embiid has previously stated that he tries to tell Maxey to attack. So, Embiid has told him that. Now theyre getting to be great friends. It should help Maxey play loose, and just play. Rather than deferring all the time. 

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I love it, but man Embiid is the fakest "tough guy".  Dude always backs down.  I'd love for him to get right back into Durants face and not laugh about it.  He's so much bigger and stronger than most players.  Yet whenever there is an altercation, he seems afraid of what it might lead to.  

I agree, that they better be able to back it up the next time they play.  Because we know, Durant will.  

I think Embiid is strategic with backing off. He knows how to go right up to the limit, and then back off so that the other player gets the technical, or suspension, or whatever. See the other night with Harrell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Embiid is strategic with backing off. He knows how to go right up to the limit, and then back off so that the other player gets the technical, or suspension, or whatever. See the other night with Harrell. 

He’s always been like that.  He’s always been soft.  

16 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yeah difference is down the stretch they didn’t shrivel up and die like usual with doc.