**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Yeah.  Fans are dumb and have really been on him hard. 

The problem is he was brought in a a 3rd or 4th option.  Got paid market value as a free agent,  because the organization chose Ben over Butler but fans think every max player should be putting up super star numbers. ( he's not even maxed, he's below max but people say he's max anyway).

Now he's the #2 option because Morey is on a selfish power trip abs went trade Ben, and Harris doesn't cut it as a #2 option.

Morey has put him in a position to look bad and fans are letting him hear it. And apparently it's getting to him. 

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I havent read, but have heard that getting delta makes you super susceptible to omicron. Or maybe its the other way around.

Dont know if thats true. But our "Head of School" has been on this stuff like a literal madman. To the point where we as a super small high school, are spending tens of thousands of dollars to surveillance our winter athletes weekly.

And he wanted to continue testing kids who had already been positive because he was fearful of that possibility that one of those variants actually made you more susceptible to the other. Im sure he read it somewhere. I dont know where, or it if turned out to be backed up by studies or not. (We ended up not continuing to test positive kids because there was no way to differentiate active infection vs still shedding prior infection if they continued coming back positive)

I wonder if guys like Thybulle, and is it Goedert that recently had it as well?, might be victims of that circumstance becoming a reality.

Maxey had Covid last year and missed training camp 

All I know is, Tobias was shooting 0.543% from the field earlier this season before he got hit by covid.  Seth Curry was also playing well last season before covid and it took him months to reach the level we saw in the playoffs when he was able to shake it for good. 

I was at the game last night and focused on Tobias a lot.  His body is not 100%.  You could tell in his warmup shots right down to the way he walks. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah.  Fans are dumb and have really been on him hard. 

The problem is he was brought in a a 3rd or 4th option.  Got paid market value as a free agent,  because the organization chose Ben over Butler but fans think every max player should be putting up super star numbers. ( he's not even maxed, he's below max but people say he's max anyway).

Now he's the #2 option because Morey is on a selfish power trip abs went trade Ben, and Harris doesn't cut it as a #2 option.

Morey has put him in a position to look bad and fans are letting him hear it. And apparently it's getting to him. 

He deserves every bit of it. Its not just that he's been shooting poorly. There's a profound lack of effort. One of the reasons why the Sixers have sucked on defense this year is him. No effort on D most nights.  No hustle, sleepwalking through games. I've had enough of him. 

1 hour ago, therealdawk said:

All I know is, Tobias was shooting 0.543% from the field earlier this season before he got hit by covid.  Seth Curry was also playing well last season before covid and it took him months to reach the level we saw in the playoffs when he was able to shake it for good. 

I was at the game last night and focused on Tobias a lot.  His body is not 100%.  You could tell in his warmup shots right down to the way he walks. 

Embiid had it bad, and he's killing it right now. I wonder if vaccination status has anything to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

He deserves every bit of it. Its not just that he's been shooting poorly. There's a profound lack of effort. One of the reasons why the Sixers have sucked on defense this year is him. No effort on D most nights.  No hustle, sleepwalking through games. I've had enough of him. 

Probably the after effects of covid. So I don't think he deserves it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Saw that last night.  Apparently it wasn't to play on the game so I was hoping maybe a trade was near.  But that didn't happen either. 

Maybe he was showing his future wife how great his candy stash is in his locker, how fast the wifi is for gaming and the state of the art court that he never shoots on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

tobi sucked before he got covid. at his best, all he does is put up empty stats. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

tobi sucked before he got covid. at his best, all he does is put up empty stats. 

I’m at this point with him, too.  Not worth the contract at all.

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

He's one of the worst finishers at the rim - seems like he can get to the basket but then doesn't know what to do with the ball.  Either he tries to lay it directly into the hoop and misses, or blasts it off the glass entirely too hard and it misses completely.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

PlayerHeadshot.png

• Haha 2

Tobi = Bobby 

Ben = Burrell (#1 pick, would rather take a walk than swing for the fences in a big spot, more concerned with partying) 

6 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Tobi = Bobby 

Ben = Burrell (#1 pick, would rather take a walk than swing for the fences in a big spot, more concerned with partying) 

Cmon - Burrell was big in the playoffs leading up to the series the year they won it.  He probably didn’t live up to expectations but he’s a two time champ - don’t compare to that waste of space 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, Gannan said:

I just checked. He came back from Covid 5 weeks ago. So didn’t take him long to catch it again. This is never going away.

Probably caught Delta and then Omicron. From what I heard a doctor say the differences make the body's immune system ready to fight one thing and it gets hit with another. The way this one spreads we are all getting it.

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

The way this one spreads we are all getting it.

I'm not getting ****.  My gf and I are the less than 1% population that have strictly followed the rules the last two years and continue to do so.  It has taken a toll on our mental health at times but if I lose my sense of taste or smell, you might as well kill me.  Between the possible loss of taste/smell and long term affects that we still don't quite know, we have been super careful.  It has caused many family/friend issues but I'm still holding strong.  We are waiting for it to get warmer out so we can hang out outside with people but still use masks until we are like 10+ feet away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Probably caught Delta and then Omicron. From what I heard a doctor say the differences make the body's immune system ready to fight one thing and it gets hit with another. The way this one spreads we are all getting it.

Some folks I work with have omicron. I see them on zoom calls and it looks like a really bad flu. While not deadly, I would still prefer to avoid it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kyrie is back tonight. Another trade option just opened. 

Yeah part time. Won't help much if the team you are playing in the playoffs is the nets and you have to sit him against them at their court. 

Man, this Magic team is pretty good for only having 7 wins.

:whistle:

Tom McGinnis and Mark Jackson on the call tonight.  Thoughts?