**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Tom McGinnis and Mark Jackson on the call tonight.  Thoughts?

It's not Scott, that's all that matters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I actually liked her pairing with Mark Jackson the other night.

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

She must have the rona. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I actually liked her pairing with Mark Jackson the other night.

I didn't catch that one. Maybe she does better with Jackson and maybe that's my issue cause I can't stand ala either

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

She must have the rona. 

I feel like an awful human for the thought that crossed my mind after reading this lol. 

• Sad 1

Tobias had an airball earlier that would have mercilessly booed in South Philly though

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Good follow-up game for him after he criticized the fans again

:lol: 

• Haha 2

Harris is a leader in the locker room. A mentor to the young players. A contributor on the court (albeit with occasional long slumps). A team player that takes whatever role is asked. A hard worker in the offseason, who has worked his way up through his career to the point of borderline all star status. Many nights when he is struggling to conribute points, he is pulling down double digit rebounds, or brings you 4+ assists from his PF position. He has improved his defense tremendously since getting here. 

In many ways, he is the Anti-Simmons. He embodies the very opposite of all of the things fans hate about Ben. Yet, philly fans always need to attack one of their players. And Harris has been chosen due to his salary. Fans decide the context of how he got that contract, and what his intended role was does not matter. They imagine that he should be performing to a different standard that was never intended for him by the team. And direct their misplaced anger his way. 

Philly fans get mad about old stories like the santa claus incident being brought up. They act like they want to be perceived in a mort positive light. Or at least say that fans of other teams are worse. But theres plenty of new stories to talk about. Philly fans do nothing to better their image and then complain when they dont like hearing about their poor behavior. Its hypocritical of them to get upset when players dont like being booed. Because philly fans dont like being booed either and they whine about it every time. 

Simmons deserves every bit of the hate. He doesnt work and he doesnt care. Harris deserves support. Its ok to say he is overpaid (even though any team was going to give him that money, so technically hes paid on par with what the NBA set his value at). Its inaccurate to say he sucks. And the does everything you could possibly ask of a player in order to not deserve boos. 

The problem is not Tobias Harris. The problem is that the team has failed to replace the pieces around him that were supposed to make him a 3rd-4th option on offense. He has had to default to the #2 option (on paper) or #1 option every time he is on the court without Embiid, in every game whether Embiid and subs out, or misses the game. That is a failure of the front office.

This happened with Iguodala when the team mistakenly made him the face of the franchise but he never reached that level of performance to back it up. Iguodala was a hell of a player, but he couldnt live up to that standard because the one thing he never developed was the ability to be a team's go to scorer. Things got ugly between him and the fans. The Harris situation is even more unfortunate. Iguodala wanted to be that guy. He acted as if he was that guy and said fans dont understand basketball when they criticized him. Harris hasnt asked to be the #1 or even #2. He came here as the 3rd or 4th and never talked about potentially leaving to find a bigger role. He just asked for a place that would show him loyalty after he had been traded so many times through his career. He didnt ask for big money. People say he isnt worth a max contract and gloss over the fact that he doesnt even HAVE a max contract. He took a little less than max. Butler wasnt going to take less. Simmons didnt take less. Embiid didnt take less. Redick left us to go get more. Horford came her and pulled the heist of the century.... Harris cared more about the stability of the long term contract. Not the dollar signs. They were going to come regardless. But he wanted years over money.  None of this was his doing. This is all on the front office. They paid him big money and mis-cast him in a role that makes him look less valuable. And the fans just want to hate Harris. So stupid...

• Haha 1

I agree with what you said.  He’s missing too many shots though.  27% from 3 is not good.  I mean, Russell Westbrook has a higher 3-point percentage than that.

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I agree with what you said.  He’s missing too many shots though.  27% from 3 is not good.  I mean, Russell Westbrook has a higher 3-point percentage than that.

Yes he is.  No denying this is one of his slumps.  It's likely due to covid and deserves even more slack than ever before.  But we have seen this before with him with covid not to blame.  And that's frustrating.

But much less meaningful if the team had successfully replaced or retained Butler, and if they'd also trade Ben already, for a PG or wing.

We have won many games with Green scoring single digits.  It's not the end of the world if a 4th option slumps. 

I still say Tobias snaps out of this.  As bad as Tobi's shooting percentages are thus far this season, the only difference between he and Tatum is that Tatum takes a few more shots on a nightly basis; not very efficient though. 

image.png.47a48448046d94e7a22a1e07727d0f5d.png

image.png.39bab1f794a9be384e3364f5a652ecad.png

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/sixers-announcer-kate-scott-calls-out-fans-for-hateful-comments-just-because-you-can-hit-send-doesnt-mean-you-should

"The saddest thing for me personally is the majority of mean messages I’ve received since landing in Philly haven’t been from the usual ‘old man yells at cloud’ club. They’ve been from college boys, young men, and other women. Granted, they could be aliases, but they seem legit.”

"I don’t know what that means, but it makes me sad. You’re an 18, 19, 25 yr old guy who feels comfortable saying awful things to a woman? You’re another woman who took time to write these awful things to me? I overanalyze, (but) just because you can hit send doesn’t mean you should.”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Geez, how many messages did you send her @Bwestbrook36??  :P

by the way, I don’t think the author of that article understands twitter.  The tweet they referenced was shared by Mina Kimes and was written to Mina, not Kate Scott.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/sixers-announcer-kate-scott-calls-out-fans-for-hateful-comments-just-because-you-can-hit-send-doesnt-mean-you-should

"The saddest thing for me personally is the majority of mean messages I’ve received since landing in Philly haven’t been from the usual ‘old man yells at cloud’ club. They’ve been from college boys, young men, and other women. Granted, they could be aliases, but they seem legit.”

"I don’t know what that means, but it makes me sad. You’re an 18, 19, 25 yr old guy who feels comfortable saying awful things to a woman? You’re another woman who took time to write these awful things to me? I overanalyze, (but) just because you can hit send doesn’t mean you should.”

We say awful things to men who suck, too. 

We also love great announcers like Harry Kalas, Merrill Reese and Marc Zumoff. 

Can't take the heat?  Get out of the kitchen....

Tom McGinnis is a million times better and deserves the job anyway. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Geez, how many messages did you send her @Bwestbrook36??  :P

by the way, I don’t think the author of that article understands twitter.  The tweet they referenced was shared by Mina Kimes and was written to Mina, not Kate Scott.

Well as long as one of them.knows they are terrible lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Agree. But a women who is also a lesbo pushed her to the top of the list in the land of the woke.

13 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

This x10,000. You want equal opportunity, fine. Take everything that comes with it.

• Like 4