**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I’ve remained ambivalent about her, but her actually calling it ‘’the vid’’ has proven you haters right.

• Like 2

Dumas reports Morey has expanded his list of targets he would trade for to 25 guys, some of whom he would accept straight up.

18 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

We say awful things to men who suck, too. 

We also love great announcers like Harry Kalas, Merrill Reese and Marc Zumoff. 

Can't take the heat?  Get out of the kitchen....

Tom McGinnis is a million times better and deserves the job anyway. 

Definitely add Jim Jackson to that list of greats.  Absolutely one of my favorite play by play guys ever.  Awesome, multi-sport guy.

I’m certainly not the woke guy but I have a female friend that works on television as a meteorologist. She sacrificed years and spent a fortune earning an advanced degree in a STEM field. She’s in her 30’s and still paying it off while working at several news stations continuously for the last decade, she’s a Chief Meteorologist now. It would certainly be fair to critique a bad weather forecast, instead her professional social media accounts are full of people critiquing her outfit, or her hair, or her weight everyday. She’s a nice looking woman but happily married and not trying to turn anyone while talking to you live on TV about the science she spent all day analyzing. Interestingly a lot of the comments come from women. 

All that to say that I’m not even a fan of Kate as a broadcaster, but it’s also fair to acknowledge she doesn’t get critiqued like Jim Jackson or Marc Zumoff would. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

I’m certainly not the woke guy but I have a female friend that works on television as a meteorologist. She sacrificed years and spent a fortune earning an advanced degree in a STEM field. She’s in her 30’s and still paying it off while working at several news stations continuously for the last decade, she’s a Chief Meteorologist now. It would certainly be fair to critique a bad weather forecast, instead her professional social media accounts are full of people critiquing her outfit, or her hair, or her weight everyday. She’s a nice looking woman but happily married and not trying to turn anyone while talking to you live on TV about the science she spent all day analyzing. Interestingly a lot of the comments come from women. 

All that to say that I’m not even a fan of Kate as a broadcaster, but it’s also fair to acknowledge she doesn’t get critiqued like Jim Jackson or Marc Zumoff would. 

People hate her voice this isn't the red carpet at an awards show. 

On 1/6/2022 at 12:03 PM, Dave Moss said:

Tom McGinnis and Mark Jackson on the call tonight.  Thoughts?

Need Alaa back. Mark Jackson sounds like that guy calling the Madden video with Greg Jennings putting the team on his back with a broken leg. Fine for a 2 minute clip, not good for a whole game. 

10 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

All professional women get this kind of "feedback.”  It’s stupid. 
Some people seem to think that if they’re mean enough to Kate Scott she’ll leave.  

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

All professional women get this kind of "feedback.”  It’s stupid. 
Some people seem to think that if they’re mean enough to Kate Scott she’ll leave.  

Yes.  But that's no different from how fans have treated male figures. Recent example being Tobias Harris.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yes.  But that's no different from how fans have treated male figures. Recent example being Tobias Harris.

So you think Tobias is gonna get up and walk off the court in the middle of a game like Antonio Brown?

Just now, Dave Moss said:

So you think Tobias is gonna get up and walk off the court in the middle of a game like Antonio Brown?

Me? No.  Those who do it? I'm sure that's their hope. More realistically they probably think they can make him request a trade rather than a public rage quit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mat said:

Need Alaa back. Mark Jackson sounds like that guy calling the Madden video with Greg Jennings putting the team on his back with a broken leg. Fine for a 2 minute clip, not good for a whole game. 

I don’t like Alaa.  But I think it’s because I hate everything Duke-related, not how he does as an announcer.

12 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

All fair points, but I'm sorry "TOE-Bias" is legitimate criticism. 

• Haha 1

Last night I spied a little bit on the Celtics post game YouTube Show.  In the live chat there were a ton of calls to pull the trigger and get Ben Simmons.  A handful of others were calling for Brown to Sac for Buddy and Haliburton. 

Another notable moment from the game was Julius Randle's interaction with the Knicks fans.  They have been booing him for poor performance.  During the comeback Randle made a bucket cutting the deficit to 4.  The Knicks fans cheer the made basket and Randle gives them a thumbs down as he goes back up the court.  The irony here is that Tobi feels that Randle took his all Star spot last year; so they're sort of intertwined in that way. 

brown would be a great fit on the wing for philly, imo. yeah, he's been inefficient with boston this season but i think a change of scenery helps...as does all the defensive attn joel gets. and holy sheet would it be fun boo'ing simmons in a celtics' uniform. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Last night I spied a little bit on the Celtics post game YouTube Show.  In the live chat there were a ton of calls to pull the trigger and get Ben Simmons.  A handful of others were calling for Brown to Sac for Buddy and Haliburton. 

Another notable moment from the game was Julius Randle's interaction with the Knicks fans.  They have been booing him for poor performance.  During the comeback Randle made a bucket cutting the deficit to 4.  The Knicks fans cheer the made basket and Randle gives them a thumbs down as he goes back up the court.  The irony here is that Tobi feels that Randle took his all Star spot last year; so they're sort of intertwined in that way. 

Play like crap for a year you deserve to get booed and probably the wrong fans to do that too

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

brown would be a great fit on the wing for philly, imo. yeah, he's been inefficient with boston this season but i think a change of scenery helps...as does all the defensive attn joel gets. and holy sheet would it be fun boo'ing simmons in a celtics' uniform. 

This would take the rivalry back to the 80s level of hatred.  If he goes out west you know he will be on load management for the single trip to Philly.  If he's a celtic, there's no way that he could miss all of the Philly games. 

This weak a$$ nba man!  This is straight up disrespectful to the players from early 2000's and before.  "I'm getting paid 25 million a year but if I play poorly, how dare you boo me.  You should be building us up instead of tearing us down."  What a bunch of pansies.  Do your job and shut the f up!  If you suck, you deserve being boo'ed.  It comes with the 25 million you are making a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Will never happen but i can dream

61EAAA54-2032-4499-9EEF-75A34C730E6D.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Will never happen but i can dream

61EAAA54-2032-4499-9EEF-75A34C730E6D.jpeg

This roster would get us to the Conference Finals and possible the Finals.

"Convincing Simmons to rejoin the team and play as much of the remaining schedule as possible, according to one source familiar with Philadelphia’s thinking, is the club’s "goal No. 1” when it comes to the wayward playmaker.”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

"Convincing Simmons to rejoin the team and play as much of the remaining schedule as possible, according to one source familiar with Philadelphia’s thinking, is the club’s "goal No. 1” when it comes to the wayward playmaker.”

You hope thats just them saying what they have to say to maintain some leverage. But you also know they really are that stupid and it might be true. Scary.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1