**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I'm giving Morey until the trade deadline to deal Simmons.  If a trade doesn't happen and he essentially wastes an MVP type season from Embiid, I'm going to be pissed. 

But until the deadline I'm just going to assume he's looking to get maximum value for Simmons.  Hopefully as the deadline approaches someone is willing to make a deal.  Anything with the Celtics would be weird, but whatever. 

2 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I'm giving Morey until the trade deadline to deal Simmons.  If a trade doesn't happen and he essentially wastes an MVP type season from Embiid, I'm going to be pissed. 

But until the deadline I'm just going to assume he's looking to get maximum value for Simmons.  Hopefully as the deadline approaches someone is willing to make a deal.  Anything with the Celtics would be weird, but whatever. 

As the deadline approaches, teams should lower their offers. Hes waiting, the 6ers are close to .500 and like 6-7th seed. At this point, they should be more desperate to do a deal and not waste this season. Teams have more leverage now. 

He wont get better than the Brogdon offer, or the Detroit offer. Brogdon is now off the table. He may need to take the Detroit offer or else he will have egg on his face. But, he wont. And he wont care because he thinks he is looking brilliant right now. 

I guess Fat Joe is doing a live stream giving out awards for the new year. Ben Simmons won one.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hes waiting, the 6ers are close to .500 and like 6-7th seed.

So what, we were the #1 seed last year.  Does it really matter if you have home court if you are not good enough?

• Like 1

Just now, Khani1 said:

So what, we were the #1 seed last year.  Does it really matter if you have home court if you are not good enough?

Its something to strive for, and anything less is a disappointment for the 76ers at this point in their trajectory. All NBA teams know that. So, its leverage for them, and bad for the 6ers in trade negotiations.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its something to strive for, and anything less is a disappointment for the 76ers at this point in their trajectory. All NBA teams know that. So, its leverage for them, and bad for the 6ers in trade negotiations.

No, a disappointment would be not getting to Conference Finals, which we are not getting to.  So what is the rush to trade Ben for pennys on the dollar?  If the value is the lowest as you say, why not wait longer if need be?

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

No, a disappointment would be not getting to Conference Finals, which we are not getting to.  So what is the rush to trade Ben for pennys on the dollar?  If the value is the lowest as you say, why not wait longer if need be?

Trade deadline is in February. Conference finals are a few months after that. Its not something teams can use against the 6ers months before it happens. They can use the projected seeding right now. And its clear the 6ers are not nearly where they want to be. Thats a bad result for the 6ers which puts them in a position where, they should be feeling pressure to move Simmons to get some value out of the empty max contract slot they are paying. 

Waiting has already damaged the value. It was at a new high in the first few weeks of the season where this short handed team was crushing hot starting Bulls teams, and such, without Simmons. At that point we could have said- see? We arent desperate. We are still in great shape. Bring us your best offers. We feel no rush. Instead, we passed on any/all offers, and we are not in a disappointing position and the value theoretically should be lower now.  And waiting accomplishes.... nothing. Because its not gonna go back up. It was clear way back then. I dont know how people dont get it now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Trade deadline is in February. Conference finals are a few months after that. Its not something teams can use against the 6ers months before it happens. They can use the projected seeding right now. And its clear the 6ers are not nearly where they want to be. Thats a bad result for the 6ers which puts them in a position where, they should be feeling pressure to move Simmons to get some value out of the empty max contract slot they are paying. 

Waiting has already damaged the value. It was at a new high in the first few weeks of the season where this short handed team was crushing hot starting Bulls teams, and such, without Simmons. At that point we could have said- see? We arent desperate. We are still in great shape. Bring us your best offers. We feel no rush. Instead, we passed on any/all offers, and we are not in a disappointing position and the value theoretically should be lower now.  And waiting accomplishes.... nothing. Because its not gonna go back up. It was clear way back then. I dont know how people dont get it now. 

What the f are you saying?  It's a lot of words but you sound like Mark Jackson calling the game.

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

What the f are you saying?  It's a lot of words but you sound like Mark Jackson calling the game.

its called common sense. and understanding chronology of events.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

its called common sense. And your evidence is that as much as some bozos think waiting is the right approach, no better offer has come. Wait till the season. Wait till Dec. 15th. Wait till the trade deadline.... these events keep coming and going. Deadline will pass. And the dumbos will just say wait till summer. I dont know how many key dates you have to miss to get it through your head that youre wrong, and have been wrong all along.

What trade this year is making us win a Championship?  Calm down dude.  If we get a great offer by the deadline, pull the trigger.  If not, wait it out until next off season. What we get back for him can determine if we are going to win or at least compete for a ring in the next 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

What trade this year is making us win a Championship?  Calm down dude.  If we get a great offer by the deadline, pull the trigger.  If not, wait it out until next off season. What we get back for him can determine if we are going to win or at least compete for a ring in the next 5 years.

There is no reason to be waiting. Offers arent going to get better. But the team can.

Durant also said he and Embiid bicker out of respect and competitiveness. And nothing Embiid said crossed the line. They seem cool with each other. He also said this

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I love it, but man Embiid is the fakest "tough guy".  Dude always backs down.  I'd love for him to get right back into Durants face and not laugh about it.  He's so much bigger and stronger than most players.  Yet whenever there is an altercation, he seems afraid of what it might lead to.  

I agree, that they better be able to back it up the next time they play.  Because we know, Durant will.  

That's the NBA

• Like 1

It's not hockey...... The NBA has doled out 5-10 game suspensions for fights on multiple occasions. 

Shaq got a 3 game suspension for punching Mike Miller 

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

It's not hockey...... The NBA has doled out 5-10 game suspensions for fights on multiple occasions. 

Shaq got a 3 game suspension for punching Mike Miller 

No ish Sherlock.  FFS.  Never said anything about throwing a punch.  His body language is very passive when those things go down. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No ish Sherlock.  FFS.  Never said anything about throwing a punch.  His body language is very passive when those things go down. 

But the whole NBA is just trash talk and fake tough guy antics. The only incident in recent memory that became more was the Jokic one where he plowed through Morris for taking a cheap shot at him earlier this season. To think that anything other than that is going to happen (Embiid included) is just not understanding the league

Even the whole Clippers vs Rockets thing where they 'stormed the locker room' was them yelling bullsheet at each other from X amount of feet away and fizzled out to nothing

1 hour ago, Mat said:

But the whole NBA is just trash talk and fake tough guy antics. The only incident in recent memory that became more was the Jokic one where he plowed through Morris for taking a cheap shot at him earlier this season. To think that anything other than that is going to happen (Embiid included) is just not understanding the league

I understand the league just fine.  I’m not saying anything needs to happen.  I’m saying he’s the first to back down.  

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I understand the league just fine.  I’m not saying anything needs to happen.  I’m saying he’s the first to back down.  

Which is smart.  If the other guy keeps going,  the other guy gets the punishment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Which is smart.  If the other guy keeps going,  the other guy gets the punishment.

Yeah, that’s Embiid.  Mr Cerebral. 

10 hours ago, Khani1 said:

They are potentially a top 5 team if they get some good players back in a trade for Simmons.  They probably won't beat a full-strength Nets team, but neither will anyone else in the East.

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, that’s Embiid.  Mr Cerebral. 

It sounds like you think Embiid is a 7-foot wimp.

4 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

It sounds like you think Embiid is a 7-foot wimp.

Yep