**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

What an arrogant d bag.   Zero accountability.  "Pop” won 5 titles.  And even still, he wouldn’t be above reproach.  Both be and Morey are collecting their big salaries off of past successes.  Much like Joe Girardi.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What an arrogant d bag.   Zero accountability.  "Pop” won 5 titles.  And even still, he wouldn’t be above reproach.  Both be and Morey are collecting their big salaries off of past successes.  Much like Joe Girardi.  

"I've earned that"

He doesn't realize he's earned that question. 

I hope they ask him that after every loss now. Till it sinks in for him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

"I've earned that"

He doesn't realize he's earned that question. 

I hope they ask him that after every loss now. Till it sinks in for him. 

Amazing he has players on his team who deflect blame and refuse to accept responsibility.   Nice to know it stinks from the head up.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Amazing he has players on his team who deflect blame and refuse to accept responsibility.   Nice to know it stinks from the head up.  

Not the first time that ass thought he was above criticism.

Funny how the Clippers had all these issues in the locker room while he was there and then they resigned the so called problem players and fired Rivers. Haven't heard a peep since. Rivers is a fraud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not the first time that ass thought he was above criticism.

Funny how the Clippers had all these issues in the locker room while he was there and then they resigned the so called problem players and fired Rivers. Haven't heard a peep since. Rivers is a fraud

He preaches to the fans and now the media.  He’s an arrogant windbag.  And not a very good coach.  He can go anytime now.  

• Like 1

Look how aggressive the Titans defense plays.  Not just scheme.  But every tackle is a thump.  Punching out the ball, wrapping up, tons of energy.   Such a stark contrast from our soft ass team the past few seasons.  

48 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He preaches to the fans and now the media.  He’s an arrogant windbag.  And not a very good coach.  He can go anytime now.  

Lue, Clippers coach, is better but choose Doc over him. 

Brian Windhorst on Dejounte Murray: There’s been some chatter in the league about whether the Spurs would be willing to trade him. Maybe not during the season but next summer.

What do we make of this Charlie Brown guy? Crazy how quickly he went from not being on the roster, to forcing the team to cut Aaron Henry and earning a 2 way contract, to consistently getting minutes in the 76ers rotation. I know Thybulle is out, but they spent a 1st round pick on a guard who can defend. They like CB's defense so much they are playing  him over their 1st round pick.

Is it the hair that gives this kid the aura and makes you feel he may be something? Is he the next Covington that the 6ers discovered out of obscurity?

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

What do we make of this Charlie Brown guy? Crazy how quickly he went from not being on the roster, to forcing the team to cut Aaron Henry and earning a 2 way contract, to consistently getting minutes in the 76ers rotation. I know Thybulle is out, but they spent a 1st round pick on a guard who can defend. They like CB's defense so much they are playing  him over their 1st round pick.

Is it the hair that gives this kid the aura and makes you feel he may be something? Is he the next Covington that the 6ers discovered out of obscurity?

I think he is a kid that has played in the league for a bit so he is use to the speed a bit more and maybe impressed in practice. 

[Derek Bodner] "The 76ers have asked the Kings for guard Tyrese Haliburton and multiple first-round picks, and asked for a package around John Collins and multiple first-round picks from the Hawks along with Atlanta taking on Tobias Harris, multiple sources tell The Athletic."

• Like 2

[NBA Central] "The Charlotte Hornets have been among new teams placing a Ben Simmons inquiry to the 76ers, per @ShamsCharania & @sam_amick"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

[NBA Central] "The Charlotte Hornets have been among new teams placing a Ben Simmons inquiry to the 76ers, per @ShamsCharania & @sam_amick"

He makes a lot of sense with Hornets but unless willing to give Bridges then hang up. Even then he is a RFA at the end of the year 

I mean Morey is playing it as well as he can - if any team wants him now they better come with a package that makes Morey okay with punting on the S&T possibility for Beal/Harden this summer - but entering year 10 of this team asking for patience from the fans is just too much. Everyone is burnt out. Simmons torpedoing his trade value at the worst possible time has been the icing on the cake for this snake bit franchise. This will go down in history as an era of woulda/shoulda/couldas. 

39 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He makes a lot of sense with Hornets but unless willing to give Bridges then hang up. Even then he is a RFA at the end of the year 

I'd do this

2022-01-24_11-55-35.thumb.jpg.2c9aa923917143a97ed97c2b0c093341.jpg

• Haha 1

They can’t even get a star in return for Simmons now, they think his value is going to somehow go up next offseason when he’s more than a year removed from even playing? Morey is delusional. 

They need to just take the best package they can get NOW. Getting a couple of decent to good players in return is better than playing short-handed. I’d be getting pissed if I were Embiid. Dudes out there playing out of his mind to drag them to win after win, and they refuse to get him help. What it might take for a deal to get done is for Embiid to just say hey, either make a move or you can trade me too. 

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Posturing........

I hope.  

1 hour ago, nipples said:

They can’t even get a star in return for Simmons now, they think his value is going to somehow go up next offseason when he’s more than a year removed from even playing? Morey is delusional. 

They need to just take the best package they can get NOW. Getting a couple of decent to good players in return is better than playing short-handed. I’d be getting pissed if I were Embiid. Dudes out there playing out of his mind to drag them to win after win, and they refuse to get him help. What it might take for a deal to get done is for Embiid to just say hey, either make a move or you can trade me too. 

From everything I've heard, multiple times throughout the season, Embiid is on board with this. If Embiid wanted to take the best deal now, they'd do it. They know Embiid is the franchise and treat him as such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Posturing........

I hope.  

I’m sure it is but I don’t think it’s a total bluff. If Morey doesn’t get what he deems good value, I think they’ll wait for the off-season. I’m hoping all the leaks are an indication that a team is close to something he would take and he’s trying to get them there.