**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

38 minutes ago, nipples said:

If they choose to trade him now they can certainly get better than a deal centered around Simmons. 

Who?

Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne discussed the current trade value of Ben Simmons approximately one week before the trade deadline as Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers continue to make him available in a deal while maintaining that a move isn't necessary at this time.

"The value is... there are a lot of teams who want him, but I don't know there's anybody who thinks we can't live without him," said Wojnarowski on his podcast. "They certainly don't value him at the level Philly has wanted in trade packages.

"And so you've seen, you know we reported last week Sacramento said 'We're out.' They've been telling teams that. Other teams, they feel not only is the asking price too high from Philly. Even if it went down some it would still be too high. It won't get far enough down for them to make a deal. They just don't want to waste time on it. They have to improve their team in Sacramento."

Wojnarowski went on to say that the Kings were really motivated to trade for Simmons.

"There are a lot of GMs who will tell you, I had one tell me today, certainly a team that has the pieces to do a Ben Simmons' trade... 'Daryl has to call me. I'm not calling him. He has to call me with offers.' There are teams who feel that."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265647/Woj-Interest-In-Ben-Simmons-Remains-High-But-No-Teams-Think-They-Cant-Live-Without-Him

Why isn't he working the phone harder?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Who?

Anyone who doesn’t refuse to shoot and isn’t terrified of the free throw line. 

John Calipari was just on with Angelo.  Coach Cal was afraid that Maxey would have to be included in a deal to move Ben.  Glen Rivers told Cal "That will never happen". 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

John Calipari was just on with Angelo.  Coach Cal was afraid that Maxey would have to be included in a deal to move Ben.  Glen Rivers told Cal "That will never happen". 

Glad that at least the coach sees Maxey’s value. I’m not even joking when I say that if Maxey were included in a deal, he’d be the centerpiece not Simmons. I honestly believe his value now exceeds that of Ben. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Glad that at least the coach sees Maxey’s value. I’m not even joking when I say that if Maxey were included in a deal, he’d be the centerpiece not Simmons. I honestly believe his value now exceeds that of Ben. 

Just think if he played the kid during the regular season last year. He could have been the spark plug to beat the Hawks in Game 7

• Like 2

[Ford] Lillard "would prefer" to stay on the West Coast if the Blazers decide to move on from the six-time All-Star

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

[Ford] Lillard "would prefer" to stay on the West Coast if the Blazers decide to move on from the six-time All-Star

Watch him get sent to the kings lol 

As a more casual fan, I respect what Morey is doing, to be honest.  

He's not caving into the pressure.  Every team in the league has players that decide they've either outgrown the team, are unhappy with the dynamic, and just want to walk to the franchise of their choosing.  Then that franchise just panders over some modest assets to the less fortunate franchise, which goes and sits in the corner for the next 5-10 years.

Simmons was building block #2 on this team and he's not going to unload him for a chance to develop his shot and become an elite player elsewhere unless he gets the original value...which is never going to happen.  But I respect the stand.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He's not caving into the pressure.  Every team in the league has players that decide they've either outgrown the team, are unhappy with the dynamic, and just want to walk to the franchise of their choosing.  Then that franchise just panders over some modest assets to the less fortunate franchise, which goes and sits in the corner for the next 5-10 years.

Simmons was building block #2 on this team and he's not going to unload him for a chance to develop his shot and become an elite player elsewhere unless he gets the original value...which is never going to happen.  But I respect the stand.

I respected him not caving to Simmons. But I completely do not respect how stupid he is to have so badly mis-valued him on the trade market. Morey is actively hurting the team at this point. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

yeah...ben is the last card the sixers have left to play...he can't give him away for role players. 

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...ben is the last card the sixers have left to play...he can't give him away for role players. 

Role players are all he’s ever going to get for him. You aren’t getting a star or even a borderline star for Simmons at this point. You’re just not. Simmons has damaged his value so badly at this point  

So what is better… trading him for a couple of decent players than can help the team out, or just letting him continue to sit out and have nothing at all to show for it?

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Role players are all he’s ever going to get for him. You aren’t getting a star or even a borderline star for Simmons at this point. You’re just not. Simmons has damaged his value so badly at this point  

So what is better… trading him for a couple of decent players than can help the team out, or just letting him continue to sit out and have nothing at all to show for it?

i know what you're saying but morey doesn't believe that those are the only 2 options.  i'm okay with him being patient for a bit longer. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i know what you're saying but morey doesn't believe that those are the only 2 options.  i'm okay with him being patient for a bit longer. 

I’m just not good with wasting another year of Embiid’s prime. With his history and body type, it feels likely that his drop off will be a steep one when it happens and it could be any time. IF Embiid can stay healthy through the postseason, they could do some damage if they at least get a couple of quality players for Simmons, even if they aren’t "stars”.

That’s where I’m at. I don’t think you can keep Fing around and waste a year when the big man could hit the downward spiral quickly. Because as it stands when that happens, you might as well blow it up and work on building around Maxey.  

A week is a long time. All we heard until like 2 weeks ago was that Beal wasn't available. Now, apparently he is. Now Lillard fires are starting, even if he wants to be on the west coast. 

Frankly, so far, things are moving Morey's way.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Garland and Love for Simmons over the summer was on the table. I bet he could have gotten Dejounte Murray as well. 

He might end up getting Beal but to pass on those two guys was foolish.

Earlier in the summer it was reported that Steph Curry that hyping up Garland as a next great guard so he wasn't some unknown or didn't have hype around him. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Garland and Love for Simmons over the summer was on the table. I bet he could have gotten Dejounte Murray as well. 

Earlier in the summer it was reported that Steph Curry that hyping up Garland as a next great guard so he wasn't some unknown or didn't have hype around him. 

I mean you and I were also hyping up garland too. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

yeah...garland & murray are playing great. would've been nice to have either IF they were really offered.  idk how they'd mesh with maxey though. with his development, i kind of want a wing creator in a simmons trade...traditional pg isn't as much of a need, imo.