**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Tbh if I’m the kings I really don’t want to trade haliburton. I much rather deal fox. I think fox is good but i think haliburton has a higher ceiling and in a couple years likely becomes better than fox. Plus the GM isn’t the guy who gave fox the extension so i think he’s likely more willing to give up fox then give up haliburton who he drafted, is young, cheap and has more upside long term. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh if I’m the kings I really don’t want to trade haliburton. I much rather deal fox. I think fox is good but i think haliburton has a higher ceiling and in a couple years likely becomes better than fox. Plus the GM isn’t the guy who gave fox the extension so i think he’s likely more willing to give up fox then give up haliburton who’s young, cheap and has more upside. 

the reports seem to indicate Haliburton has been offered, the 6ers want Fox, and thats why no deal has been done yet. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the reports seem to indicate Haliburton has been offered, the 6ers want Fox, and thats why no deal has been done yet. 

I much rather have haliburton than fox. Fox has a bigger name and right now he is better. In 2 years I’m not sure that’s the case. I also don’t really believe Pompey either. I know he reported Hali, Barnes, hield for thybulle, Simmons and Harris. Frankly i think he’s an idiot and says things and usually turns out to be inaccurate. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I much rather have haliburton than fox. Fox has a bigger name and right now he is better. In 2 years I’m not sure that’s the case. I also don’t really believe Pompey either. I know he reported Hali, Barnes, hield for thybulle, Simmons and Harris. Frankly i think he’s an idiot and says things and usually turns out to be inaccurate. 

Id prefer Haliburton too. And if that deal was legitimately on the table Morey needs to catch them before they fly out of here and tell those guys they can stay.

I don't understand why we need Fox when we have Maxey.  Haliburton on the other hand was auditioning to come here and play with fellow Cyclone Niang.  Not that Niang is in our long term plans but he and Haliburton (and Haliburton 's girlfriend) are good friends. 

Seriously though, that kid has all the tools that we've wanted in a franchise PG.  He doesn't have Ben's size and his shot isn't pretty but he does a lot of things well. 

• Like 1

As Daryl waits, Derrick White got extended. Brogdon got extended. Murray became too big of a star to trade for Ben. Haliburton is also looking too good to trade for Ben.

Morey's F ups continue to pile up.

Cleveland and Milwaukee lost so we now have sole possession of 3rd place. 

Also, not for nothing but LBJ missed a 3rd straight game today because of that knee. 

• Like 1

Embiid is going to have to sit soon....so which game will it be.  WED against the Wiz?

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Embiid is going to have to sit soon....so which game will it be.  WED against the Wiz?

Wednesday would be my guess. If they sit him against Memphis, Chicago, Phoenix or Dallas then they’re basically forfeiting those games. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Wednesday would be my guess. If they sit him against Memphis, Chicago, Phoenix or Dallas then they’re basically forfeiting those games. 

It's a forfeit against any team.  He's all they got.  

10 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Memphis is gonna be tough

Should be a fun game. Dominant guard vs a dominant big man. Tyus Jones should be back so helps Grizzlies depth. 

yeah...why not. beal seems to be tanking it this season so hopefully the wiz blow it up & send him to philly. they'd probably want youth and/or picks though. 

56 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Taking back that contract? 

Screenshot_20220131-105849.png

I don’t understand the +/- wins thing. Simmons isn’t playing so how could this trade possibly cost the Sixers 3 wins?

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Embiid is out tonight. 

Not bad for someone who doesn’t follow the team. 

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not bad for someone who doesn’t follow the team. 

Or they play the Grizzlies tonight so might be related. 

31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Or they play the Grizzlies tonight so might be related. 

Yeah.  It’s a loss.  Get him a rest night.  Like we speculated was coming.